• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Premium and Zombi U for just £199 at HMV - a saving of £139.99.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I can't see a £199 price drop happening for the Deluxe, but if this happens I'll be shocked and glad; would mean a loss for them, but the system would finally sell to most fence-sitters - the software is coming and everybody knows it

dYL4BJz.jpg

I'll probably jump onboard at Christmas or New Year, depending on dat Bayo 2 imminence.

I have a feeling this is going to happen WW. Iwata will take the bullet drop the price to this and 250 in the US. Theyre going to lose a good amount of money and iwata will probably be out the door but as donny said this is the only way. No one wants the shit basic and dropping that 50 will do nothing.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Monster Hunter is out, there is no reason NOT to own a WiiU now.

Cwarrior

This is a very very impressive deal, your not going to find a better offer even when the price drop comes.

I would bite if the wiiu had games, but sadly it's not worth buying right now maybe in 2 years when it builds up a libary of games, I refuses to buy any new systems within there first year same goes for ps4 and nextbox.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If I had one anywhere within 5000 miles of me, I'd bite.

MrT-Tar

Went into HMV Oxford Street and saw this earlier today. If I didn't already have one, I would've picked one up then

Xun

How much would I get for my Wii with no games? £30? I may just sell it since I'd have the Wii U and a GameCube.

How much would I get for my Wii with no games? £30? I may just sell it since I'd have the Wii U and a GameCube.

You'll be lucky to get £25. Game are selling pre-owned Wii consoles for £38. HMV might give you a little more, but I really doubt it.

I'm tempted. Desperately trying to find some games I'm interested in to justify a purchase. Is the VC as comprehensive as the Wii one or have they gone back to having no VC games?

sunnz

Good price but still not worth it IMO, no games except from ZombiU, which I only have medium interest in.

seriously anyone that doesn't bite at this price wants their head examined, if an official cut happens it wont be this good

I would buy it at $99; I'm not interested otherwise. Mainly to play some Nintendo games.

I probably wouldn't buy a 360 or a PS3 even at $99, FWIW.

Ahh, just browsed the games and the only two I remotely like are Darksiders and Assassin's Creed :( Looks like a no buy for me. And I just read that they've started from scratch with the VC.

randomwab

So I got one. Took it home, started updating it. After about an hour, it was nearly done!

Then the power went out. Bricked. Fuck.

Guess I'll see if HMV will exchange it tomorrow. Fuck.

So I got one. Took it home, started updating it. After about an hour, it was nearly done!

Ouch.
Is this possible with the other two HD consoles? I heard Sony had double FW chips so that a failed update would just revert to the older one.

Goddamn. You might want to check your receipt with regards to returns/exchanges, I'm sure they will but I'm also pretty sure they aren't obligated to return/exchange the console as they still under administration.

The sad thing is wiiu sales are so abysmal the new consoles with the update wont be on store shelves for months, so people will have to deal with that annoyance for a while

radcliff

I'm tempted. Desperately trying to find some games I'm interested in to justify a purchase. Is the VC as comprehensive as the Wii one or have they gone back to having no VC games?

All the Wii's VC games can be purchased and played on Wii U (in "Wii Mode"). Once the official Wii U VC kicks off, you can update those games to play on the GamePad, customize button layouts, save states, etc. for $1 - $1.5. It has not been announced what the frequency of the Wii U updates will be.

randomwab

Goddamn. You might want to check your receipt with regards to returns/exchanges, I'm sure they will but I'm also pretty sure they aren't obligated to return/exchange the console as they still under administration.

Doesn't say anything on the receipt about exchanges. Don't know whether to say it died after the power outage or just say it didn't work out of the box. =/

The sad thing is wiiu sales are so abysmal the new consoles with the update wont be on store shelves for months, so people will have to deal with that annoyance for a while

If a new game ever comes out it might have the update on the disc, right?
Not read anything about MH3U having firmware included.

Doesn't say anything on the receipt about exchanges. Don't know whether to say it died after the power outage or just say it didn't work out of the box. =/

Say it didn't work out of the box. If there's no obvious external damage, they'll have no reason to believe otherwise and wil have to give you a replacement under statutory rights in the uk regarding electronics.

Zemm

It is quite telling that, despite this really good deal, it still isn't at all appealing to me. I'd be buying it just because it was cheap at this point.

Yeah same for me, at this point it would need to be like £50 before I get tempted.

eXistor

Absolute bargain for what's soon to be a must-have next-gen console. Honestly if you don't buy it at that price you'd be mad, it's not gonna get that low officially for years.

Top Bottom