• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flakster99

OK, the gamepad is stunning. The way video is streamed is infinitely better than the best I could have hoped. It really looks as if it's running natively on the pad (unless you look very closely at certain details) and delivers a smooth 60 fps. Black Ops 2 running on the pad at 60 fps is really damn impressive with near perfect image quality and AA (not the case when viewed on the big screen where it is ultra jaggy).

I'm really impressed.

I'm digging these impressions. All of them, so keep it up folks, thanks. Can't get mine for a few weeks yet, if I can find one that is.

Im seeing this:
IMG_0529.jpg

NOT this:
warawara.jpg

Anyone have an idea why?

The little buttons in the bottom left hand corner control the zoom level. Switch the main screen to the GamePad and press the second bubble from the left and it should zoom in to that level.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Anyone tried blops2 on the gamepad yet without using the TV?

kunonabi

Well as nice as all these Wii U deals sounded it ended up being cheaper for me to just buy from amazon due to shipping.

I picked up

Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Zombi U
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition

I'm going to head out and pick up NSMBU from Wal-Mart.

Kevtones

OK, the gamepad is stunning. The way video is streamed is infinitely better than the best I could have hoped. It really looks as if it's running natively on the pad (unless you look very closely at certain details) and delivers a smooth 60 fps. Black Ops 2 running on the pad at 60 fps is really damn impressive with near perfect image quality and AA (not the case when viewed on the big screen where it is ultra jaggy).

I'm really impressed.

SOLD.

hatchx

Banned
http://kotaku.com/5961600/if-your-wii-u-wont-connect-to-your-wifi-router-heres-what-to-do

That's for PC. For Mac's, go to System Preferences. "Gateway" on Wii U is your "Router" on Mac.

This should really be in the OP.

Because Nintendo.

Will do, but I see you already got some.

THANK YOU! It's finally updating.

To the tech nerds of GAF, I must ask why going manual is necessary.

It doesn't seem to make sense considering all my other devices connect so easily. Is it going to be this much of a bitch if I bring my WiiU to friends houses?

Ok, I switched the hdmi from the tv into another hdmi port on my reciever and it now works. I am getting multichannel audio/ PCM. I have no idea why it didn't work on one of my hdmi ports, but it's all groovy now. Sounds nice.

scottnak

Hmm... I'm trying to copy my 3ds Mii to my Wii U but I keep getting:
"you cannot register this recieved mii as a user mii because it is set to not allow copying"

Anyone know what to do about this?

OmniOne

The little buttons in the bottom left hand corner control the zoom level. Switch the main screen to the GamePad and press the second bubble from the left and it should zoom in to that level.

Im not talking about the zoom. Im talking about how my setup doesnt have all the game icons with users gathered.

Its just has system app icons with generic Mii's. The Mii's keep telling me i need to connect to the internet, but I am connected because apps like netflix and app store work.

RoadDogg

It is getting harder and harder to fight the hype. I don't really need one at the moment and have no problem waiting until early next year to play the games I want but I just saw all of the Walmarts and Targets around me still have both models in stock and I'm really tempted. I'm going to try and keep fighting it but I don't know if I will make it past December before giving in... If I didn't just spend $300+ on a NAS set up there wouldn't even be a question.

Ydahs

Might sound stupid but you could run a long headphone cable from the gamepad back to a receiver/amp.

Haha, I suggested that to my brother and he just stared at me with a blank expression. The thing is though, I really do need a solution here since my stereo speakers only accept two inputs, both of which are taken.

Might invest in a HDMI switch which has an audio splitter. I think they exist, but are pretty expensive :/

Rich!

To the tech nerds of GAF, I must ask why going manual is necessary.

It doesn't seem to make sense considering all my other devices connect so easily. Is it going to be this much of a bitch if I bring my WiiU to friends houses?

Jut buy a cheap Ethernet to USB adapter. Doesnt have to be wii branded.

I got one for £3 on ebay. At least now I know ill be able to connect with no issues!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Is Miiverse down?

And for whatever reason my Wara Wara plaza only shows the apps instead of games (on the TV) and they are surrounded by Nintendo Miis instead of the actual Miiverse community. Is that happening for everybody?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Picked up my wii u. One thing I noticed at Walmart is they have wii and wii u games in the same display. Walmart employee even made sure I knew that you need a new system. Seems some customers assumed wii u games worked on the wii.

Nice job Nintendo marketing! :/

OmniOne

Is Miiverse down?

And for whatever reason my Wara Wara plaza only shows the apps instead of games (on the TV) and they are surrounded by Nintendo Miis instead of the actual Miiverse community. Is that happening for everybody?

My WaraWare plaza doing the same thing. Its why I've been getting at in all my posts.

CoilShot

Hmm... I'm trying to copy my 3ds Mii to my Wii U but I keep getting:
"you cannot register this recieved mii as a user mii because it is set to not allow copying"

Anyone know what to do about this?

I was about to ask this also. I can't figure out whats going on with this.

Godslay

Banned
Walked into a Best Buy about an hour after they opened and picked up a white Wii U. No blacks left. Long was fairly long.

Great machine though. Screen is crystal clear and looks great. The only thing that bothers me is the length of the Wii U console itself.

Here's a shot:

Click for bigger... pic is blocky screen isn't though.

Picked up my wii u. One thing I noticed at Walmart is they have wii and wii u games in the same display. Walmart employee even made sure I knew that you need a new system. Seems some customers assumed wii u games worked on the wii.

Nice job Nintendo marketing! :/

This happens with every new system.

Kusagari

The guy at GameStop gave me a premium saved for the first person on the wait list after i complained about being stuck with a basic preorder and we found out we went to the same college.

Lulz

backlot

Is Miiverse down?

Seems to be down, yes. I drew this sick picture to post on Miiverse and now its lost forever. :(

Where are my FOLDERS, Ninty? Get it together. 3DS has folders. I want to get rid of this amazon, hulu, and health warning stuff I'm not going to use.

Welcome. I have no idea why it's like that. I have no problem with any other devices. I was on with Nintendo customer service for an hour before finding the solution online.

graywolf323

a Best Buy near me still had 3 more than two hours after opening

while I do have some gadget lust towards the Wii U I don't want the basic, I might have caved on a deluxe model though

cajunator

Banned
One thing I really dontl ike these days is everything using micro USB connectors. Too easy to damage/break. Wish they would come up with a more secure connection. Freaked out because my tablet isnt charged much and it shut off after the update bnut the connector to the power just wasnt in fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom