• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Why in the holy hell did it take fifteen minutes to install NSMB U?

How do I use Youtube? It tells me to connect to the internet and wait for the update data.
I believe the only video app available right now is Netflix.
How's the quality of the games whilst playing on the gamepad?
Having played Nano Assault Neo exclusively on the Gamepad thus far it looks great. The aiming feels off, but that might not have anything to do with the Gamepad.

guek

Banned
Why in the holy hell did it take fifteen minutes to install NSMB U?

How do I use Youtube? It tells me to connect to the internet and wait for the update data.

Apps not available till december. Gotta use the browser for now. Nice thing is u can watch videos on the tv and browse at the same time.

bumpkin

liGjRl.jpg
Oddly enough, I actually was going to put my HD-DVD drive away (I rarely use it) and put my Wii U in its place, but then I realized one of the vents would be blocked. Decided to put the U on another shelf where it'll have plenty of breathing room. Although oddly enough despite getting the little "stand" feet with the deluxe, I didn't use them; seems like an awful idea to give so little space to 80% of the system's ventilation, no?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
So my system just finally finished updating, and I clicked the button to do the reset. It's been stuck with the power light on, and the GamePad off, for several minutes. I tried to power down with the power button but that didn't work. Any ideas? I don't dare unplug it for fear of it bricking. :/

Dropped by my local Best Buy to see shelves of WiiUs. About 20 Deluxes and 30ish Standards. Worrisome. Black Friday will be VERY interesting to see if they move.

Currently downloading a Nintendo Land update... ha, time remaining keeps getting higher and higher, like Bart's reversing clock.

Had a bit of a scare about an hour ago, system shut down on me 3 times in a row, all while accessing mii maker/user settings. No blinking red light, just solid red and shut off. Gamepad displaces some checkered lines. Doesn't seem like a hardware/heat issue, more like a bug in the software. All is well now (knocks on wood).

And now while I wait, I shall read some replies *rubs hands together*

edit: lost winds didn't make the wii to wii U cut for some reason, but no big loss

d0c_zaius

I know, I was waiting on this version of the game and there are no impressions, no reviews, no nothing.

giant bomb is streaming it now, but its hard to tell how the port is

So my system just finally finished updating, and I clicked the button to do the reset. It's been stuck with the power light on, and the GamePad off, for several minutes. I tried to power down with the power button but that didn't work. Any ideas? I don't dare unplug it for fear of it bricking. :/

this happened to me. I unplugged it and it was fine. You need to wait for the game to be in the ready state before homing out or quitting. Its lame.

Dthomp

Can somebody give some opinions on the games? I grabbed Super mario U and am tempted to go back to Target for B2G1 50% off but most reviews have me scared to take chances on some of these other titles. All the multi platformers I already have on the PS3 so don't care about Batman, AC3 or ME3

Great, if you set your download to shut off the Wii U when it completes the download, but shut off the Wii Pad screen to conserve battery, it negates the choice to shut off the Wii U upon completion of the download. So many things about the UI need drastic improvements.

Anyone have the hr34 from directv and having trouble pairing it up? I went through every signal type and its a no go.

Worked on the first code it tried.

Wiz

Dropped by my local Best Buy to see shelves of WiiUs. About 20 Deluxes and 30ish Standards. Worrisome. Black Friday will be VERY interesting to see if they move.

Wow. Where do you live? Every store I went to (Best Buy, Toys R Us, WalMart, Gamestop) was dead sold out.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Finally... it took long enough. But after driving all day, and spending two hours re-organzing the room (yeah, I know, there's still wires everywhere) while it updated; she's finally all tucked in!

8196953113_e344e39e09_c.jpg

8196950075_fbd93fce17_c.jpg

Bloodsent

In the process of the painfully slow system update process on my new Deluxe. Please tell me that the responsiveness of the OS is improved with the update?

DamSea

My system froze on me during the 1st time user setup. I had to unplug it. Worked after that. Hopefully not a sign of more freezes to come.

ID: DamSea

Jtrizzy

I'd be I retested to hear others thoughts, but to me forcing 720 is looking better than playing it in 1080. Mario is the only game I've tried though. I have a Panasonic plasma fwiw.

ArynCrinn

Banned
OS is fucking atrocious, slow as hell, feels like I'm using my old Pentium 4/1GB with Aero turned on. Actually scratch that, the Pentium 4 is faster.

How could Nintendo think this OS and performance was adequate? The idea is to improve performance on newer hardware, not make it 50x worse... This better get fixed fast.

weepy

I'm having problems connecting to the internet. It's been about 2 hours since I've set the system up and I still can't seem to get connected. The closest I've gotten was getting the WiiU connected to the Network device.

It look something like this: Wii U + Network Device - Internet
Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem and that there's a way to fix this.

Toki767

Sadly I don't see them speeding up the OS. I really wish the Settings weren't its own little app though. It shouldn't take so long just to do anything in there.

Erekiddo

6,000+ replies, forgive me if it's been answered.

Will WiiWare games that were available on the Wii eventually be available for the Wii U? I want to purchase La Mulana, but the old stuff is nowhere to be found.

d0c_zaius

anyone else getting error code 102-2613 when trying to link their nintendo network ID? I'm using my club nintendo info.

oh I assume I have to create a nintendo ID THEN link my club nintendo id...

Chaplain

anyone else getting error code 102-2613 when trying to link their nintendo network ID? I'm using my club nintendo info.

You need to create a new account first. When you go into the eshop you will be able to link your club Nintendo account to your Nintendo Network ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom