• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelFB

Vice President, Frozenbyte
I want to cry right about now.. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 failed to install after a 12 hour download - error code 105-3155
and here we go again. : [
I have absolutely no idea if this holds any water, but this could be related to external hard drives (and/or insufficient space as noted above). At least one user was downloading Trine 2, got the same error, and fixed it by turning off external hard drives (not sure what that means exactly, I guess he downloaded it to system HD then). Here's the thread.

The one for Europe already came out on Tuesday.

Wii U

- Rayman Legends Demo (Preis: kostenlos)

Nintendo 3DS

- Metroid (Preis: bis 20. Dezember 3,49 Euro statt 4,99 Euro)

- Hydroventure: Spin Cycle (Preis: 9,99 Euro)

- CRIMSON SHROUD (Preis: 7,99 Euro)

- Wizard Defenders (Preis: 1,99 Euro)

Nintendo DS

- Wizard Defenders (Preis: 200 DSi Points)

No It's not. I just checked and Rayman demo its not up.

Effect

Thanks.

Here's hoping the NA eShop changes it's interface to make finding demos easier. A simple demo button leading to all the games that have demos should be very easy.

I'm thinking about getting COD BLOPS 2 at WiiU. Any impressions of you guys? I'm afraid of those things I've read like busted framerate on campaign and other issues. I can live with the low population in multi though.

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking about getting COD BLOPS 2 at WiiU. Any impressions of you guys? I'm afraid of those things I've read like busted framerate on campaign and other issues. I can live with the low population in multi though.

Thanks in advance.

Nah, I just got it last night, it's fine.

Watch the Giant Bomb guys quick-looking the Wii U version, they're anal about this stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXw3FkxkjBc#t=24m58s

Effect

Thanks in advance.

The game is fine. Seriously. Any change in frame rate is hardly noticeable if noticeable at all with all the action taking place you worrying about getting to cover. The imperfections can be found if you are purposefully looking for them, analyzing the footage and not bother playing the game I feel. You don't notice or experience anything I feel when you actually play it. When I played the frame rate was smooth. The game looked and sounded great.

Chopper

Thanks in advance.
It's great. Get it. I just wish you could join friends' multiplayer matches from the Friends List, like you can on the 3DS.

Thanks in advance.

There are a few rare and minor moments where the framerate hiccups in campaign, but in my view - some sites and posters here have been way more nitpicky about that than I would have been. It's an incredibly pretty, polished game - the investment these games get seems to make sure of that. The multiplayer is cool, very cool if you've got someone you can take online as a guest -- one of you gets the TV, one of you gets the gamepad - no splitscreen. It's a very worthwhile purchase, and the more that buy the better for the community really.

If you pick it up, look me up (if we're not friends already, sorry I lose track. NNID is FrakEarth)

Appleman

Thanks in advance.

Other than a lower player count, it's the best version of the game for sure. Two player on separate screens is by far the most fun I've had with CoD locally ever.

Jarsonot

Couldn't the person with the Japanese console and the step-down transformer just put a power strip into the one transformer? Or is that an electrical no-no?

Also, I wouldn't mind more COD friends, NNiD: Jarsonot

Couldn't the person with the Japanese console and the step-down transformer just put a power strip into the one transformer? Or is that an electrical no-no?

Depends on the transformer, just like a PSU when building a PC. If it's not rated for the load, it could blow.

Edit: Considering the low power draw of the console, it shouldn't be an issue.

So all of a sudden, I can't attach screenshots to private messages in miiverse.

What happened?

Yeah, i noticed that images i'd attached previosly disappeared too... Maybe they're trying to lessen the load on their servers to get things running faster.

Depends on the transformer, just like a PSU when building a PC. If it's not rated for the load, it could blow.

Edit: Considering the low power draw of the console, it shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah, i noticed that images i'd attached previosly disappeared too... Maybe they're trying to lessen the load on their servers to get things running faster.

they should be expanding features not removing them Hatena better get on the ball and start adding some more stuff soon

Miiverse can only grow as the Wii U start to hit millions sold, also each game release gets a community how will having 100+ of them work if they cannot have this very smooth now at under 30

kitsuneyo

Thanks in advance.

I haven't played it a lot since my campaign crashed twice in the same place. But online has been very smooth. It's great bar the crashes i had.

Jarsonot

Just noticed that when in the main menu, the shoulder buttons don't move the wara wara icons anymore, they switch menu screens.

Also, looks like the keyboard has text prediction now.

Did this change awhile ago?

Edit: ok, icons move when the plaza is on game pad, maybe that's how it always was =)

StayDead

That'd be me and I don't have a Japanese power brick so it wouldn't really help me.

Apparently the cradle things all share the same output voltage so someone I know is sending me theirs that they got free from Game so I'll be able to charge it like my 3DS off of UK power.

Problem solved <3

By the way, is there a way of turning the gamepad off on it's own if I'm playing something with the wii remote alone?

So I'm not the only one not able to play youtube stuff or have I been living under a rock?
Haven't been able since last night :-/

edit: this is video playback in internet browser btw

Yep, and I've heard than some people have had trouble watching on Ipad browsers....

I wonder if they did something to the HTML5 support to make people use their apps....

Kunan

Yep, and I've heard than some people have had trouble watching on Ipad browsers....

I wonder if they did something to the HTML5 support to make people use their apps....
I hope not the Wii U app barely even works. Every tab turns up empty about 80% of the time, and the UI is a mess. This compared to the wonderful browser-based one, whose only annoyance was having to set the video quality after it started playing.

Question, say I had to get a new Wii U, but want to keep my NNID-- is that not possible? Like would I have to make a new NNID? Would I be able to use the same screename?

zroid

Banned
Question, say I had to get a new Wii U, but want to keep my NNID-- is that not possible? Like would I have to make a new NNID? Would I be able to use the same screename?

so what Nintendo has said is they can somehow deactivate an NNID from a particular console and flag it for transfer to a different console

so what Nintendo has said is they can somehow deactivate an NNID from a particular console and flag it for transfer to a different console

Hm. Well, someone has made me an offer for my current Wii U that I can't refuse, but I would really like to be able to use my current ID on a different console in the future. Not necessarily the same account, just the same username. I'm okay with losing my current account as I've only paid for one $10 digital game, but I would really like to be able to use the same username that I'm now using on everything else that I... use.

Again, I'm okay with losing the account, I just want to be able to make another account in the future with the same handle. So I guess my question is, if I delete that account, will it "free up" that particular username I chose for that account, pending that nobody else takes it between now and whenever I get a new Wii U on down the line?

My Japanese WiiU just arrived, and the gamepad wouldn't connect to the console!
They sync'ed okay, did the four images etc. but then it would just display an error on the pad and on the TV..

So I opened up the battery compartment on the gamepad.
The MOMENT I reseated the battery the whole thing sprang to life!
No problems since!!

Hope that helps someone..

NateDrake

Hm. Well, someone has made me an offer for my current Wii U that I can't refuse, but I would really like to be able to use my current ID on a different console in the future. Not necessarily the same account, just the same username. I'm okay with losing my current account as I've only paid for one $10 digital game, but I would really like to be able to use the same username that I'm now using on everything else that I... use.

Again, I'm okay with losing the account, I just want to be able to make another account in the future with the same handle. So I guess my question is, if I delete that account, will it "free up" that particular username I chose for that account, pending that nobody else takes it between now and whenever I get a new Wii U on down the line?

We don't know anything about such a thing yet.

We don't know anything about such a thing yet.

Thanks. Probably the best answer I'm going to get for a while :p

edit: guessing that if I delete the user/account, that the ID won't be in use anymore since... it will be deleted. I just hope that I'm able to use the ID when I get a new console.

When did Batman hit the eShop? Either way, downloading now.

Edit: wait, I need to find out how big this game is.

According to a Miiverse post, it's 18gigs :-l

So it looks like download speeds are improving for me! Is it the case for anybody else?
Just got the Rayman demo and Mighty Switch Force and I would say, for the size, the speed was between what I get on my 360 (fast) and what I get on my PS3 (which I always thought was horribly slow).

Also, downloading in the background has a BIG impact on performance. My cursor when using a WiiMote (on the main WiiU menu) and the Wara Wara Plaza get all jerky.

gkryhewy

Wii games look really good (well, relatively speaking) on Wii U over HDMI. The effect is similar to the legendary Gamecube over component IQ.

And I'm still stuck on the shitty default Wawa Wara plaza. Day 12..?

oatmeal

Banned
Download speeds are on par with 360 now.

Much MUCH faster than PS3.

Took about 5 minutes to download Rayman. About 12 to download Sonic.

Preble

Youtube videos still work when you look at them on websites that have embedded videos on them.

Actual Youtube site still doesn't work though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Thanks. Probably the best answer I'm going to get for a while :p

edit: guessing that if I delete the user/account, that the ID won't be in use anymore since... it will be deleted. I just hope that I'm able to use the ID when I get a new console.

People who have sent a Wii U in for repair and got a replacement console were instructed to log back in to the new system with their old username and password when setting the new unit up. Nintendo can, for the moment, apparently flag your account to let you log in on a new console.

If you're just selling off your current console and not sending it to Nintendo for service, I think you're going to have to call customer service and ask about using your NNiD on a new system when you get one.

Alcibiades

Wii games look really good (well, relatively speaking) on Wii U over HDMI. The effect is similar to the legendary Gamecube over component IQ.

And I'm still stuck on the shitty default Wawa Wara plaza. Day 12..?

Would you say Wii HDMI > GCN Component > Wii Component > GCN games on Wii Component?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom