• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a thread up for eShop releases where people can recommend stuff?

I think we had an eShop thread but not really an Wii U eShop recommendation thread

there is the all Nintendo Download thread for everything, I would like to see a Wii U only one since every time that one gets bumped I think of Wii U eShop

Exeunt

When did Batman hit the eShop? Either way, downloading now.

Edit: wait, I need to find out how big this game is.

According to a Miiverse post, it's 18gigs :-l

I get 18 gigs at the download screen as well. I left my Wii U in "power down after download" mode overnight after buying Batman and when I turned it back on this evening I found the game was only at 55% completion despite the console turning itself off. Not a big deal, but I don't really understand why it happened; I'm guessing the console must have lost Internet at some point and decided to shut down rather than re-establish a connection. I know the power didn't go out because then I'd have to reset the clock that's plugged in nearby.

The Giant

Banned
Currently redownloading all of wii vc/wiiware game and now for the first time during downloading mario and luigi are swimming and grabbing coins. this is the first time i have seen this ever and from what i remember it's a rare one.

Pineconn

I get 18 gigs at the download screen as well. I left my Wii U in "power down after download" mode overnight after buying Batman and when I turned it back on this evening I found the game was only at 55% completion despite the console turning itself off. Not a big deal, but I don't really understand why it happened; I'm guessing the console must have lost Internet at some point and decided to shut down rather than re-establish a connection. I know the power didn't go out because then I'd have to reset the clock that's plugged in nearby.

It might have been the auto power down feature. I think it still downloads when the system is off.

Javier

Just Dance 4 is like any previous game in the series but with different songs, although there are some hilarious choices in this one like "Never Gonna Give You Up", "Istanbul" and "We No Speak Americano". It's essentially a game where you imitate movements on the screen, but like most of these type of games, you need three friends (and a wide space to play) to fully enjoy it. If you can manage that, it's a blast.

Octopus Dance is pretty much a variation of Simon Says. It's really addicting, though, and gets QUITE difficult.

Exeunt

It might have been the auto power down feature. I think it still downloads when the system is off.

I have the download screen up though, which claims Auto-Power Down is disabled; I sure hope it wash't downloading while the system was off, or else it's taken over 24 hours to download one game!

Pikma

Banned
Wii U is totally not out-of-stock, saw no less than 15 consoles waiting for a potential owner, at least 8 were Basics though.

Hate that Google has done nothing about the HTML5 issue, not even acknowledged it, I'm starting to worry.

I want Rayman Legends now, here. :(

Youtube doesn't even work with all Android devices any longer (with the default browser). And the "embed" trick that works with Wii U doesn't work in Andoid.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does the wiiU need more space that he size of a game to install? Eg does a 4GB game need 4 or 8 GB free space on your card/HDD?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Communities for a same app or game are made separately for each region, but they're not locked in any way, so I, an american, can easily enter the MH3U JP community and post a drawing there, that's what japanese people are doing in the YT community, I guess.
Judging by the population counts, some communities are shared across regions, e.g. NintendoLand's has the exact same count across all regions.

Pikma

Banned
Judging by the population counts, some communities are shared across regions, e.g. NintendoLand's has the exact same count across all regions.
Yeah but it varies, if you enter the JP community for Nintendo Land you'll notice you see different posts. But there are others like the ZombiU communities thar are completely separate from each other.

Currently redownloading all of wii vc/wiiware game and now for the first time during downloading mario and luigi are swimming and grabbing coins. this is the first time i have seen this ever and from what i remember it's a rare one.

extremely rare. I got it twice redownloading my wiiware/vc.

also I've been downloading from the WiiU eshop extremely quickly, and that's with three other laptops sharing bandwidth and me seeding a bunch of torrents. 99 problems, d/l speeds aint one

panda21

wii u is complaining about not being able to connect to the internet when i open miiverse, is the nintendonetwork down or what?

BowieZ

Banned
How do I take pictures in my game on Wii U and post them to the Miiverse???

Wherever you want to screenshot and post, is exactly when you need to hit the home button and open up Miiverse.

Then just post in whatever community you like (usually defaulted to the game you're playing), and during your posting, click on the screenshot option.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Downloaded the Rayman demo. Despite downloading something else off of the web the speed was ok.

That Rayman need the TV to play or can I just it off of the GamePad? Feeling a bit under the weather so I'll be playing in bed away from the television.

Also for screenshots you have to make sure the game supports screenshots as it can be disabled. Pressing X will either show you what you can post or a white screen with the emoticons in the corner meaning you can't post anything. For example if you face appears in Nintendoland i.e. Octopus Dance the game will disable screenshots.

Downloaded the Rayman demo. Despite downloading something else off of the web the speed was ok.

That Rayman need the TV to play or can I just it off of the GamePad? Feeling a bit under the weather so I'll be playing in bed away from the television.

Rayman requires the TV.

kinggroin

Banned
Depends on the transformer, just like a PSU when building a PC. If it's not rated for the load, it could blow.

Edit: Considering the low power draw of the console, it shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah, i noticed that images i'd attached previosly disappeared too... Maybe they're trying to lessen the load on their servers to get things running faster.

This is kind of a big deal to me. How else am I supposed to brag about high scores and such to individual people on my friends list? If I just start posting the pictures in the relevant communities, it'll eventually seem like spam.

FIX THIS NINTENDO

I downloaded the Sonic Racing demo last night. It took about 16 minutes. I gotta say, if the rest of the tracks are as fun as the one in the demo, I may end up liking Sonic Racing more than MK...

Kacho

Wow, people weren't kidding with the Wii mode is a console within a console stuff. I can't use the storage for the Wii U for VC and WiiWare games? So laaaame.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
So, the ZombiU demo is supposed to come out very soon.

http://zgamer.co.uk/2012/12/14/zombiu-demo-to-hit-eshop-before-end-of-the-week/

Screenshot-14122012-1044.png

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Wow, people weren't kidding with the Wii mode is a console within a console stuff. I can't use the storage for the Wii U for VC and WiiWare games? So laaaame.

Yep, it sucks - it's similar to how when you ran a GC game on the Wii, you had to insert a special GC memory card and couldn't use the space on your Wii or SD card.

Javier

I have to say, I'm REALLY surprised that Nintendo allows for Japanese communities on Miiverse be browsed by Americans and Europeans and vice-versa. I mean, this IS the company that region-locked a handheld.

Berg

I have to say, I'm REALLY surprised that Nintendo allows for Japanese communities on Miiverse be browsed by Americans and Europeans and vice-versa. I mean, this IS the company that region-locked a handheld.

Yea, they region lock because of business and economical reasons. NOT because they're anti-consumer and hate you.

Javier

Yea, they region lock because of business and economical reasons. NOT because they're anti-consumer and hate you.
That has nothing to do with my point. I'm saying that given their track record, its really surprising they made the communities open worldwide. I was fully expecting American owners to only be able to browse communities from games released in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom