• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xandaca

Anyone else have trouble with the Wiimote controls in Black Ops 2? My KDR in MW3 (Wii) was pretty good, but I've been defeated pretty badly in most games. After watching this video, I suspect it's because the dual analogue auto-aim is way overpowered (the guy's crosshair isn't aiming anywhere near the person he kills most of the time) where the Wiimote basically has none. I quite like the challenge, but it's still annoying to know you're effectively competing against aimbots.

Effect

Anyone able to delete post from others in Miiverse? When I was on earlier I noticed I had the delete command for other's post. Wasn't sure if it was just for post threads I started though. Need to log back in later to see if the option is still there.

Anyone else have trouble with the Wiimote controls in Black Ops 2? My KDR in MW3 (Wii) was pretty good, but I've been defeated pretty badly in most games. After watching this video, I suspect it's because the dual analogue auto-aim is way overpowered (the guy's crosshair isn't aiming anywhere near the person he kills most of the time) where the Wiimote basically has none. I quite like the challenge, but it's still annoying to know you're effectively competing against aimbots.

The Wiimote controls in Black Ops 2 are somewhat broken. There was an option missing and when they added it, it still didn't work. That's in addition to the aim assist for dual sticks being pretty high.

The pointer aiming in Nintendo Land for example is great and puts what's in BO2 to shame I think.

Senior Lurker

MS Informed
Sorry, I was referring to your future purchases, not the Blops one - that one's done. Yes, the GB and the PL stores (and the DE one, for that matter) both take foreign CCs. And that holds true for the 3DS eShops as well.
That would be great if it works because on the 3ds i have the American system and the shop doesn't take foreign credit cards for me. I wish it was possible to create a NA NNID and use it on a euro system.

Also i wonder of all disc games in Europe ship in the local languages only.

netBuff

That would be great if it works because on the 3ds i have the American system and the shop doesn't take foreign credit cards for me. I wish it was possible to create a NA NNID and use it on a euro system.

Also i wonder of all disc games in Europe ship in the local languages only.

It depends on the game: Some games come with English language track on the disc, some games are only available in local languages, some games are multi-lingual on PS3 but not on 360 and very few games allow an optional download of English language tracks.

Here in Austria, some shops will specifically list speech language for a specific game and import other EU copies (mostly UK) to offer an English language version when a game isn't multi-lingual.

If you want to be sure, just order all your games from the UK.

andthebeatgoeson

Um, Batman and ZombieU are really good. Since Bman is one of the best games this gen, if u can't get it on another system, get it on the U. Nothing spectacular but worth it. Worth it for me to double dip. Don't ask why.

ZombieU is also worth it and is a system seller for me. Really good game and true survival horror.

NNID: andthebeatgoeson

Add me and I'll hit you up when I get back home in a few days.

Tagg9

Questions: should I bother download Mario Bros tonight or wait for the Xmas update rush to conclude?

2). I have a deluxe WiiU. Is the discount or credit automatically applied?

No discount. You earn a small amount of credit that can be applied later on.

Questions: should I bother download Mario Bros tonight or wait for the Xmas update rush to conclude?

2). I have a deluxe WiiU. Is the discount or credit automatically applied?

download before bed most times with a large file like this you wake up 8hours later and you still have like 20% left with this rush even worst but no need to wait you can still use your Wii U while downloading a game.

kinda, when purchasing you get a code the next day just go to this site to get your code http://ddp.nintendo.com

Right now I'm not sure I want to keep this system. Had it for two weeks and I just opened it. Is there a game out right now that feels awesome and makes you want to see what the system will bring in the future?
don't be mario

NNID: andthebeatgoeson

I'll add ya too.

Right now I'm not sure I want to keep this system. Had it for two weeks and I just opened it. Is there a game out right now that feels awesome and makes you want to see what the system will bring in the future?
don't be mario

ZombiU, as long as you go in expecting a tense, slow-paced survival horror game as opposed to L4D. Loved it.

zroid

Banned
don't be mario

It's Nintendo Land for me, probably. No joke, it's the best time I've had with local multiplayer in a decade.

And if you're a fan of "true" survival horror, that game may be Zombi U for you. There's also a sublime Rayman Legends demo available to download.

don't be mario

it is all about games if you don't find something you enjoy for yourself you don't really have to keep the thing it would be worthless if you can't find anything YOU value

I would download the Rayman Legends Demo and see if you get a buzz from that.

depending on your tastes any of the 20+ games should be fun enough to hold you over if not get rid of the thing fast.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge was the most shocking surprise for me so far

Trine 2 Director's Cut is a gem

people seem to love ZombiU I have not played much of it hate horror but wanted to have it for when I was done with everything else and needed something different

so guys, after testing it through the w/e, how was TVii?

meh can't hardly get on that since its launch but it looks meh from GB video

Nintendo Land could have launched as DK: Crash Course alone and it still would have been worth 50 bucks. It's is the best thing to happen on a console since the dpad lol

don't be mario

Zombi U is the best implementation of the dual screen imo, and the game is pretty damn cool because of it. They really use it to add tension and immersion.

Im considering a japanese wiiu for the karaoke game and dqx

what is the difference between that and Sing Party?

S-E needs to localize DQX worldwide they really have no excuse not to do so that is just a waste of money to build an MMO and keep it locked to one region when you can cash in worldwide.

If they are serious about this MMO thing

don't be mario

Despite it being my least played game (NSMBU and ACIII), Nintendo Land has me the most excited for HD Nintendo. The artstyles and interesting gameplay elements have me looking forward to the next batch of games.

farnham

Banned
what is the difference between that and Sing Party?

S-E needs to localize DQX worldwide they really have no excuse not to do so that is just a waste of money to build an MMO and keep it locked to one region when you can cash in worldwide.

If they are serious about this MMO thing

Well for one it has the whole joysound library which includes ton of japanese, korean and american popsongs

JavyOO7

Good lord. After all this time in NSMBU I just realized something. If you opt to play with Wii remote in single player then all those ballons you see of Mii's you can actually see what they are saying. I can't get them to pop up when I'm playing the gamepad but I can if I play with Wii remote. Wow. At least that was a mind blown thing for me. =p

Dicer

Banned
It's finally sitting all hooked up downstairs, just waiting for my son to find it and shit himself in Excitement (well, I hope not literally)

Good lord. After all this time in NSMBU I just realized something. If you opt to play with Wii remote in single player then all those ballons you see of Mii's you can actually see what they are saying. I can't get them to pop up when I'm playing the gamepad but I can if I play with Wii remote. Wow. At least that was a mind blown thing for me. =p

With the Gamepad, press the button to view the map..

If you're playing with the gamepad you can just push R to read those.

Javier

Ok so I'm an idiot. I thought that because NSMBWU worked in English on my Spanish Wii U then other games would allow me to switch to English! Just bought Black Ops 2 and saw that I can't change the language. I'm assuming it will be the same with Zombi U if I buy it off the eShop (as in it would be in Spanish only)?

I think I should sell my Euro Wii U and buy an American one as I'm leaving Spain soon anyway (T_T).

EDIT: I'm also assuming that it's easy to format the Wii U before selling it so that the buyer could use their own Nintendo ID etc?
Hold on, European Wii Us don't have a language option in Console Settings? American systems let you freely change between English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.

neoemonk

It's finally sitting all hooked up downstairs, just waiting for my son to find it and shit himself in Excitement (well, I hope not literally)

Same here, almost ready. I'm doing the system transfer right now. Kind of bummed it deletes the data from the old console unless I read it wrong. I might want to mess around with the old Wii at some point.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.

Sounds like it's going to be a great xmas. Have fun! ^_^
Same here, almost ready. I'm doing the system transfer right now. Kind of bummed it deletes the data from the old console unless I read it wrong. I might want to mess around with the old Wii at some point.
Ahhh! I'm so jealous! Wish I was a kid again. :p

Also, it should keep your save data and your games.

Tehalemi

Merry Christmas, gang

Indeed, MERRY IWATA EVERYONE!!! :D

large.jpg

160642_o.gif

Dicer

Banned
Awww, pics please. You must be an awesome dad.

It's tucked way back of the tv stand atm, all remotes plugged into chargers behind it...his last gift will be a shirt with the gamepad wrapped inside.

It's all patched, 3 d/l titles (Nano Assault/Mighty Switch/Trine) and nsmbu retail...I was debating making a Santa Mii as the default login Mii.

I cant wait

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Merry Christmas WiiU gaffers!

It's tucked way back of the tv stand atm, all remotes plugged into chargers behind it...his last gift will be a shirt with the gamepad wrapped inside.

It's all patched, 3 d/l titles (Nano Assault/Mighty Switch/Trine) and nsmbu retail...I was debating making a Santa Mii as the default login Mii.

I cant wait

Holy shit, this is awesome. This is the type of craziness I am going to do on Christmas for my kids, I can't wait! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face btw, sometimes I forget the special amount of awesomeness that was Christmas Day as a child.

Nilaul

Merry Christmas!

I have no idea how to change my WiiU Mii. I click on edit, it won't let me; it says I have to go through settings. I have no idea what to do.

I cant wait
You all are really one awesome father. The world is a better place because of things like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom