• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tehalemi

Really wasn't expecting this until months from now...

:')

Got a Wii U Deluxe for Christmas!!!

Downloading update now, so far half way through. Been taking about 10 minutes so far. The wait's killing me. xD

tumblr_ll5dkxmFNq1qds7k7o1_500.gif

:D

OH man Batman was a blast!!!
3AQmK.gif

Got to get some sleep now, Wii U GAF enjoy your Merry Day!

KASUMI!!!! :3

Catwoman in Animated Series Suit <3

Hope when I wake up we have a Nintendo Direct or I'll just start up batman for another 10 hours
3AQmK.gif

Quick question/concern that hopefully there's some answer or workaround that I'm missing:

It just occurred to me...if I transfer my Wii save data to Wii U, that means all of my Brawl character unlocks and such will be deleted from the Wii...which unless I'm mistaken means I won't be able to use Gamecube controllers anymore (without straight up re-unlocking all of the characters all over again, which isn't going to happen).

Revven

Well I got a Wii U for Christmas this morning. Something I wasn't expecting really. It's setting up now, I had no trouble connecting to my internet either unlike launch day reports. :)

Just gotta register it on Club Nintendo now.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Now I'm curious -- is there no way to change the region and get the localized version? I thought you could do that on the 3DS -- change regions and redownload the local version of a specific title.
That's an interesting question actually..

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just a heads up - if you play Sonic Racing today, you get holiday greetings from SEGA and a message that Alex Kidd is now playable. Not sure how long this has been available - I got the game as a present today.

Just a heads up - if you play Sonic Racing today, you get holiday greetings from SEGA and a message that Alex Kidd is now playable. Not sure how long this has been available - I got the game as a present today.

was that an update or an internal clock unlock?

edit: lol he is cute

SEGA loves holidays... so two presents so far

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
was that an update or an internal clock unlock?

Well, there was a three minute update before I started, but the message appeared as soon as the game loaded - before I even started a race. And of course, this was my first ever time playing it.

Nibel

So today I found out that if you play as the ghost in the Luigi's Mansion game of Nintendoland and press both triggers, you can create an EMP

wat

Well, there was a three minute update before I started, but the message appeared as soon as the game loaded - before I even started a race. And of course, this was my first ever time playing it.

this was some kind of timed things since I did not get an update for it today

So today I found out that if you play as the ghost in the Luigi's Mansion game of Nintendoland and press both triggers, you can create an EMP

wat

I wish Nintendo would patch in online play I would double dip faster with a digital copy since I would be able to play with others

Wouldn't you expect it to be more likely for ethernet ports to be phased out as time goes on?

Not that it wasn't a poor decision leaving one out, but the framing of that statement seems backwards.

As a guy who plays fighting games online a lot, the inconsistency of wireless is no bueno. Especially considering how many people share the wireless in this house

Ethernet or bust

Jarsonot

Got my friend's kids a U, they ran to get the Wii downstairs 'cause they thought it was just a controller for the Wii. They're pretty smart kids, have a Wii, DSs, and PS3, and watch TV. Nintendo really really sucks at marketing.

Maybe they think they don't need kids asking for it for Christmas? Because THESE kids were extremely nonplussed about it (until we booted up nintendoland, then hours of fun).

Wouldn't you expect it to be more likely for ethernet ports to be phased out as time goes on?

Not that it wasn't a poor decision leaving one out, but the framing of that statement seems backwards.

this is true although it would have been nice to have it there instead of the USB adapter thing which should have come in the box as well

As a guy who plays fighting games online a lot, the inconsistency of wireless is no bueno. Especially considering how many people share the wireless in this house

Ethernet or bust

If it was this important why did you not get a USB adapter? Are you just finding out that this was missing? We had threads about it most of November we had threads about every major negatives about the Wii U. Wii U is not really a Fighters Console just yet did you get TEKKEN for it?

I guess many people will find out today and we have to wait for them to catch up...

Revven

So my Wii U is set up. That update did not take as long as I've read from other people >_>;

If anyone wants to add me, my NNID is Revven. Feel free to follow me on miiverse too, if you want to. :)

Miiverse is going to take a now shape today... gone are the days where you could read every post in a community... I bet we start seeing post fly by every second as the community numbers increase.

Can't wait to see the PC/Smartphone access

Had a hardlock playing Scribblenauts. Just randomly. Switched to ZombiU.

Me and my brother more or less have gotten used to the twin sticks. He hasn't died yet.
I did have a quick look at Miiverse earlier. Talk about making a good first impression.

Actually, the hardlock might be related to downloading Rayman in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom