• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

renitou

On storage: I've seen some conflicting information on whether SD cards or flash drives can be used to store downloaded Wii U games. I read in one review that a hard drive with its own power supply was the only form of external storage that would work. Disappointing if true; can someone point me toward the full breakdown of what media will store what?

6,000+ replies, forgive me if it's been answered.

Will WiiWare games that were available on the Wii eventually be available for the Wii U? I want to purchase La Mulana, but the old stuff is nowhere to be found.
Just go on the wii shop and get them. You dont need to get them off the Eshop

You can access the wii vc and wiiware shop from the wii u just go on the wii side

denshuu

Yea but apparently there're individual game achievement or something.

When they say that, they're just saying that games can keep doing what they've always been doing. Like how Valkyria Chronicles has a list of badges or how Street Fighter has icons/titles that unlock when you meet certain conditions. There's no real achievement system.

I really like the Wii U eShop's interface compared to the 3DS and Wii. Although it's a little weird to watch a video for a Wii U game when you look down at the pad in your hands and the video showing someone else's hands holding another pad displaying a game mechanic.

GAF lied to me! They told me it was stupid to think I could go into a store on launch day and pick one up without a preorder, but I just did. I didn't even want this thing! This is in Huntsville, AL by the way.

I got the basic (only one available) with no games. I'll probably wait until Black Friday and take advantage of some of those deals.

Been reading the comments in Miiverse (which I really like btw) and it seems that the general consensus with AC3 is that it does look better than the other console versions. I just don't entirely trust the comments on Miiverse atm seeing as how this is a console launch and the rose colored glasses are usually in full effect.

I'm waiting at TRU right now where they can't find the Wii U pre orders. It's been like 15 minutes. How do you lose something like that? Wtf.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Been reading the comments in Miiverse (which I really like btw) and it seems that the general consensus with AC3 is that it does look better than the other console versions. I just don't entirely trust the comments on Miiverse atm seeing as how this is a console launch and the rose colored glasses are usually in full effect.

I thought the devs themselves said it looked identical.

Also, 1 1/2 hours in, my update is now at about 25%. That's worse than the horrid PS3 downloads.

dwu8991

Banned

the lighting colours are better

while the 360 is more subtle

Why did this make me laugh so much?

MrSXKl.jpg

xandaca

Anyone get FIFA 13? I'd appreciate anyone who could let me know if there's a player editor, as it'll be a dealbreaker for me when I get my Wii next month. Glad it sounds like the games I'll definitely be getting - ZombiU, NSMBU, BlOpsII - are pretty much what I'm hoping for. Fingers crossed Nintendo's servers will be clearer for all the patches when I get the console on my birthday just ahead of Christmas.

Anyone getting error 111-9000 when trying to connect to the eshop? I can get online, but can't get back into the eshop when I could earlier.

Instro

Is it possible to play games on the TV while getting sound through the headphone jack? Or can you only do that while playing directly on the pad?

WTF? So it finished downloading the update, then it stated to apply the update and at about 92%, it says it failed and rebooted the system. Then afterward it just goes through the setup process like create your Mii and so forth. Did my system update or not?

Somnid

Is it possible to play games on the TV while getting sound through the headphone jack? Or can you only do that while playing directly on the pad?

So I use a monitor and can't get sound via HDMI. Interestingly in most scenarios the Gamepad just mirrors the audio of what would come out of your TV (I bet not all games are like this though). So for all that I've seen, yes, you don't need speakers at all, just the Gamepad.

CaLe

Hey guys, no matter what I do, my screen is cut off on the sides... There's no settings on my TV that helps, and there's nothing in the console's settings either...

Anyone else had the same problem ? This is pissing me off...

Anybody having the screen cutoff on the main tv like me?

028134cce6c9ddca364e055d65c8ead4.jpg

I'm running 1080p.

I'm having the same problem.....

Pezking

Nope. Using HDMI turns off the other port.

WHAT?!?

Wait a minute: Does that mean that if I choose to send the video signal via HDMI to my TV, there is no way I can connect the Wii-U to my AV-Receiver without HDMI input?

I can't use the AV Multi Out Port to do that while using HDMI for video?

I hoped that I could at least get Pro-Logic that way, just like with the Gamecube and the Wii before (Component to my TV, cinch to my Denon AVR-1603).

Please tell me that isn't true! :-(

(If it is: Does the Wii U support component cables for video, and would that enable connecting the Wii U to my AV Receiver via multi out?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom