• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Satisfaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there. I´m really loving my WiiU, but am wondering if any of you have the same problem...when I play on the WiiU, I have to charge the Pad every single time because the battery is always dead! even when I fully charge it from before...because next time I turn it on, it´s completely empty again....weird
I never had this issue but I leave it charging when I'm not using it. I've seen other people mention it uses power while "off".

AGITΩ

Games Purchased So Far on Wii U:
Retail:
  • Assassin's Creed III (Including all DLC)
  • Epic Mickey 2
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Warriors Orochi 2 Hyper
  • Zombi U
  • NintendoLand [Pack-in]

eShop:
  • Balloon Fight
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Punch-Out!
  • Super Metroid
  • Trine 2: Directors Cut

Games Currently out that I plan to buy:
Retail:
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge
  • Lego City Undercover

eShop:
  • Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2
  • Megaman X

Guaranteed purchases for the rest of 2013 (pending release):
  • Assassin's Creed IV
  • Batman: Arkham Origins
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
  • Mario 3D
  • Mario Kart 8
  • New Super Luigi U
  • Pikmin 3
  • TW101
  • Watch_Dogs

I have a wifi issue. My WiiU is AWFUL at maintaining a steady connection whereas my PS3 does just fine. Both devices are right next to each other. What gives?

I have a wifi issue. My WiiU is AWFUL at maintaining a steady connection whereas my PS3 does just fine. Both devices are right next to each other. What gives?

Try changing the wifi channel in the router config, sometimes interference from other routers nearby affect the network negatively.

Man, I need to say it again, first time with any AC game, really liking AC3, looks pretty too. I went with AC3 first might get the Ezio trilogy later.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I will definitely get Batman Origins on Wii U. The gamepad interaction makes Arkham City so immersive. Just spent 2 hours running all over Arkham City doing all kinds of badassery and the interactive map helps make that time so much more efficient than having to constantly pause. Plus, the way biographies, weapons, hacking tools; etc are immediately accessible at your fingertips just makes the whole experience unique to all other versions.

I will definitely get Batman Origins on Wii U. The gamepad interaction makes Arkham City so immersive. Just spent 2 hours running all over Arkham City doing all kinds of badassery and the interactive map helps make that time so much more efficient than having to constantly pause. Plus, the way biographies, weapons, hacking tools; etc are immediately accessible at your fingertips just makes the whole experience unique to all other versions.
I've been hearing good things about this game on Wii U, besides some framerate issues. If I can find it on the cheap I might pick it up.

Games Purchased So Far on Wii U:

Yay, another list game! I'm in:

Games bought at retail
NintendoLand - still more to explore
New Super Mario Bros U - beaten, nearly completed
Arkham City - beaten, nearly completed
Zombi U - not yet started, pending completion of Arkham City and Metroid 3

Games purchased digitally
Trine 2
< Anything that costs 30¢ >

Announced Games I'll get whether or not other games are completed
Rayman Legends
New Super Luigi U

Announced Games I will consider getting pending completion of other games
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Lego City Undercover
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Deux Ex (that's a thing, right?)
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Sonic Lost World
X

Wii games I really should be getting around to somehow acquiring, some of them delayed due to not completing other games, some of them because they didn't seem to deserve a full price retail purchase
Sonic Colors
Red Steel 2
Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Zack & Wiki
Skyward Sword
Wario Land: Shake It!
The Conduit
Excitebots
The House of the Dead: Overkill
Motherfucker, why I don't I already have this!?
Xenoblade
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Punch-Out!!
Rabbids Go Home
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Tales of Graces
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Metroid: Other M (with mute button at the ready)
Conduit 2
Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Ye gods, how can you people afford to get all these games? And how do you manage to complete them so quickly? You fellas much be fabulously weathy gaming wizards!

Yay, another list game! I'm in:

Zombi U - not yet started, pending completion of Arkham City and Metroid 3

Man is there GAF consensus that the Wii did delivered? Cause I think it did.

My highlights were Metroid Prime 3, RE 4, Mario Galaxy 1&2, NSMwii and DKCR. But there are so many awesome games. I need to finish Galaxy 2 and DKCR.

boxter432

awesome playing Super Metroid on the gamepad...except I have messed up twice with restore points and lost TONs of progress. first time was just loading the game and it went to a point earlier than I thought it should have...second time I thought I was creating a point and accidentally loaded instead...all of a sudden I was back in front of the Kraid room after being way past that. ffffffckkkkkk

use it for netflix alot, both on the TV and gamepad. watched all the new Arrested Developments, and am now starting from the beginning again.

Games bought at retail:
Zombi U
NSMBU
Batman
NLand (included with the PRO)

Games bought at the eShop:
All the .3€ catalogue (which is Balloon fight, Punch-out, F-zero, Kirby and Super-Metroid)
Assassin's Creed 3 (for 29.90 during the ubisoft deal)
Toki Tori 2
Nano Assault Neo
Mighty Switch Force HD
Bit Trip Alien 2

In bold the games that have surprised me in a good way.
With NSMBU I expected a great game from the beginning, but at the end it just was a greater than I had thought.
ZombiU was the game that made me happy with my WiiU. It was the first game I bought and it made me ENJOY the WiiU in a way I never expected. GREAT.
Toki Tori 2 was another GREAT surprise. I was willing to play some puzzle game so I bought it expecting to be simply decent and what I found is one of the best adventure-puzzle games EVER made. Absolutely incredible and difficult while still simple, a design masterpiece that in my opinion deserves at least a 2013 GOTY nomination.
Bit Trip Alien 2. I still don't know why I bought it, because it's not my kind of game really, but I must admit that its great and that it made me enjoy that kind of games.

What I expect from the future:
Besides Pikmin 3, Wonderful101 and Deux Ex if the port has any decent work behind, I think that next week will be a better time to judge it :)

the battery life is pretty bad. you won't get more than 4-5 hours.

Yeah, I don't like that at all. Nintendo used to be all about mainstream pricing and high battery life. Now they're pushing the envelope of mainstream pricing, and they've given up on the batteries. :|

Man is there GAF consensus that the Wii did delivered? Cause I think it did.

My highlights were Metroid Prime 3, RE 4, Mario Galaxy 1&2, NSMwii and DKCR. But there are so many awesome games. I need to finish Galaxy 2 and DKCR.

I have more Wii games than I had N64 and GameCube games combined, even if you don't count the games I received as gifts. There was a lot of garbage from third parties who just didn't care for the system, but there were also plenty of very worthwhile games that easily validated the purchase of the console.

awesome playing Super Metroid on the gamepad...except I have messed up twice with restore points and lost TONs of progress. first time was just loading the game and it went to a point earlier than I thought it should have...second time I thought I was creating a point and accidentally loaded instead...all of a sudden I was back in front of the Kraid room after being way past that. ffffffckkkkkk

Miiverse is saving my butt. There have been a couple times already that I've been saved in seconds from sucking at gaming (both cases involved "hey, plant bombs in this non-obvious spot!" solutions). I think I'm still pretty early on, at that giant boss that you get to after shooting the eye that turns into a door, so there will likely be more "HEEEELP!!!" screenshot posts of mine going that way.

edit: I meant to note that it'd be nicer if "load restore point" were red and "create restore point" were green to make it harder to accidentally wipe progress

My games so far:

- COD BLOPS 2
- Zombie U.
- NFSMWU.
- NSMBU.
- MH3U.
- Super Metroid.
- Super Mario World.
- Toki Tori 2.

I love this system with a passion. Off tv is such a fantastic feature.

Kjellson

Of course. I did this with Batman when it finally arrived on the eshop.

It'll download the game to where your save file is stored, which means that you might have to move your save file from system memory to external HD first.
Thanks for the tip!

Hey, so I got the go-ahead from a mod to create a Wii U Nintendo Network Game & Service Thread [monthly] similar to the Vita version. Go ahead and pitch your title ideas for June, as well as some other stuff that should be included in the OP. Thanks!

What do you think of this banner? Still working on few, they aren't great but someone more skilled in making banners feel, free to contribute!

2.png

Hey, so I got the go-ahead from a mod to create a Wii U Nintendo Network Game & Service Thread [monthly] similar to the Vita version. Go ahead and pitch your title ideas for June, as well as some other stuff that should be included in the OP. Thanks!

What do you think of this banner? Still working on few, they aren't great but someone more skilled in making banners feel, free to contribute!

2.png

I'm not sure I understand what the thread is supposed to be about.

Help me out Gaf! I have $19.70 to blow in the eShop. What should I get? I'm in to pretty much any type of game although I would prefer more indie over VC content.

Super Metroid is tons of fun. It's incredibly brutal if you die once and haven't saved in awhile.

The challenge mode in NSMBU is awesome. Thanks to whoever recommended me to check it out.

I don't like the Netflix app. It's not as good as the one on the PS3.

Games so far:

Monster Hunter
New Mario Bros
Nintendo Land
Batman Arkham City
Rabbids

The Cave
Trine 2

Planning to get:

Batman: Arkham Origins
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Mario 3D
Mario Kart 8
New Super Luigi U
Pikmin 3
TW101

Am really hoping for a new Endless Ocean as well

VanWinkle

2.png

Awesome. I love the monthly Vita threads, and it will be great to have for the Wii U, as well. Just a place to talk about Wii U and see what's coming up that week in retail and eShop.

Oh, I like the banner, too.

If all I want to buy is Super Metroid for .30, do I have to add $10 to my wallet? Why can't I just purchase the game?

I thought this too for the longest time until i hit pay with credit card instead of add funds like i had been doing previously where the option was on thhe bottom right.

The option to just pay what you need is automatic with the credit card option i guess.

Help me out Gaf! I have $19.70 to blow in the eShop. What should I get? I'm in to pretty much any type of game although I would prefer more indie over VC content.
I'm guessing the other $.30 went towards Super Metroid.

Some eShop/Indie games I've enjoyed:

Zen Pinball 2 - Tables are cheap and fun
Kung Fu Rabbit - like N+ but easier
Mighty Switch Force - Tough platforming
Nano Assault - Robotron on microroids
Wii U Panoramic Tour - Kyoto
Trine 2 - noted for it's beauty

I have others, but these are outstanding value!

Neifirst

I'm satisfied!
Retail games - all beaten (except MH3U - put in 90 hours though)
Nintendoland
New Super Mario Bros U
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed
LEGO City Undercover
Need for Speed Most Wanted U

eShop/Virtual Console
Bit.Trip.Runner2
F-Zero
Punch-Out
Kirby's Adventure
Mega Man
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dreamland 3
Kirby's Dream Course

Definitely getting
Earthbound VC
The Wonderful 101
Wind Waker HD
3D Mario
Mario Kart

xandaca

Wii U games bought at retail
- New Super Mario Bros U [7/10]
- ZombiU [7/10]
- FIFA 13 [6/10]
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops II [6/10]
- Darksiders II [7/10]
- Sonic Racing Transformed [7/10]
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge [5/10]
- Resident Evil Revelations [6/10]

e-Shop
- Super Mario World [10/10]
- Super Metroid [8/10]

Pre-ordered
- Pikmin 3
- The Wonderful 101
- Assassin's Creed IV
- Splinter Cell Blacklist

Intend to buy
- Bayonetta 2
- 3D Mario
- X
- New Super Luigi U (maybe)
- Rayman Legends (maybe)
- Wind Waker HD (maybe)
- Mario Kart (maybe)
- Watch_Dogs (maybe)
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (maybe)

Toki Tori 2 is the best answer to that question. Indubitably the BEST indie game on the eShop if you don't care about it being a PURE puzzle game. It's a MUST-HAVE in capital letters, with a GREAT design or, in my opinion, one of the best game designs I've ever seen.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Toki Tori 2 is special, a must have. I'd recommend Little Inferno as well. Smart, relaxing, and an ideal game to play off TV while watching something else.

I bought a wii u for 229 in the uk and sold it for 225.... But kind've wish I had waited until after e3.

I think Nintendo could really wow everyone as they seem to have been written off... I'd really like to see them do a great job, as they really are the last true 'games' company out there.

They need to be a lot bolder thought and start using their talent on new franchises.

I'm really, really looking forward to their E3 Nintendo direct.... And will jump back in if the games are good.

2.png

I don't think having a monthly circlejerking thread like the Vita ones is a good idea. There's also already a Nintendo Downloads thread that I think covers the news aspect.

AGoodODST

List time :D

Wii U games bought at retail
- Nintendo Land (pack in)
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Darksiders II
- ZombiU
- Assassins Creed III
- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
- Fifa 13
- Sonic Racing Transformed
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge
- Lego City Under Cover
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Resident Evil Revelations

e-Shop
- Trine 2
- Nano Assault Neo
- Runner 2
- F Zero
- Balloon Fight
- Punch Out
- Kirby's Adventure
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Metroid
- Mega Man

Intend to buy

- 3D Mario
- Mario Kart U
- Wind Waker Reborn
- Pikmin 3
- The Wonderful 101
- Luigi U

2.png
Whuh?

I don't think having a monthly circlejerking thread like the Vita ones is a good idea. There's also already a Nintendo Downloads thread that I think covers the news aspect.

Hopefully, it doesn't come to that. I'd like it to be an informative thread, also filled with constructive criticism. I've got a few things to discuss about the Wii U, myself.

It is finished (
what have I done
):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=577053

ahm998

Retail games
Nintendoland
New Super Mario Bros U
Sniper Elite V2
Ninnja Gaiden 3
Assasin Creed 3
LEGO City Undercover
Need for Speed Most Wanted U
Tekken Tag 2
Mass Effect 3
Batman:Arkham City
Darksider 2
Call of duty:Black ops 2
Injustice:God Among us.
Resident Evil:R
Zombie U

Eshop/Virtual Console/app
Bit.Trip.Runner2
Punch-Out
Nano Assault
Little Inferno
Trine 2
Mighty Switch force HD
Kung-fu Rabbit
Puddle HD
Toki Tori 2
Kyoto Video

Definitely getting
Splinter Cell:Blacklist
Batman Origin
Rayman Legend
Bayonetta 2
Smash
Yoshi Yarn
Call of duty:Ghost
Assasin Creed 4
Watch Dog
Deus Ex Human Revolution
X
Pikmin 3
Project Cars
Luigi Bros. U
The Wonderful 101
Wind Waker HD
3D Mario
Mario Kart
Wii Fit U

In 6 month only Wii U master Satisfaction.

SHAZOOM

Sort of want to triple dip for ARKHAM CITY, though I might just save that for Deus Ex HR if the rumors of reworked boss battles is true.

But now you have me thinking how the pad could be used in Deus Ex. Hacking could be awesome, and things like remote cams for the turrets/robot hacks could bring another piece of depth to the gameplay, giving you more ways of keeping track of your surroundings.

GulAtiCa

Anyone notice the Wii U eShop product page is now different? Much more compact and easier to use, instead of having like 3 or 4 tabs

Sort of want to triple dip for ARKHAM CITY, though I might just save that for Deus Ex HR if the rumors of reworked boss battles is true.

But now you have me thinking how the pad could be used in Deus Ex. Hacking could be awesome, and things like remote cams for the turrets/robot hacks could bring another piece of depth to the gameplay, giving you more ways of keeping track of your surroundings.

It's not rumors - it was listed as one of the things they changed.

jblank83

Zombi U
NSMB U
Nintendo Land
Lego City
Monster Hunter
Amazing Spider-Man (bad port)
NFS MW
Runner 2
The Cave
Zen Pinball 2
Nano Assault Neo
Bunch of $0.30 VC games

Shortly I'll add
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Rayman Legends
AC 4
Batman Origins
Sonic

That's more good gaming than I ever got for any other first year system, including PS1 and PS2, with the exceptions of DC and GC.

Spent some time with the Gamepad last night doing non-gaming related stuff... What a revelation. The browser truly is great; reading news articles on the pad is a joy. Thanks to whoever pointed out the right stick click focus trick as it's indispensable. Caught up on all the summer movie trailers as well; Youtube (via the browser) is so smooth and enjoyable. I also found a Wii U-compatible anime streaming site that works flawlessly, and watched a couple episodes of Attack on Titan. Yes, I'm sure all these things work just as well on an iPad, but I don't have one of those, so it's nice to have another handheld device in the house I can use for these purposes. As much as I want the E3 direct to be stuffed full of gaming megatons, I do hope they have something to announce soon regarding interesting non-gaming apps.

On a less positive note, I spent a bit of time browsing Miiverse, and ugh, such a wasteland of pointless comments and thinly-veiled trolling... The few developers communities that exist are somewhat interesting, however -- I like how Two Tribes and the Bit Trip crew are using it as an opportunity to interact directly with gamers. More of that and less of the "Yeah this post if you like Smash Bros" stuff would go a long way to making it something worthwhile. The art is nice of course, and my activity feed is full of cool drawings by some of the better artists I've come across, but overall it is a good reminder of why I avoid social networks whenever possible.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I've been have trouble opening the eShop and Miiverse for some times now. At least 1 time out of 3, the eShop/Miiverse will be stuck on the loading phase for 1+ minute, and then I'll get a popup with an error message.

I searched on Nintendo's website, and the error is about having trouble connecting to the Nintendo Account, or something similar.

My connection is fine, and every other internet feature is working flawlessly (Netflix, browser, etc.).

I tried setting a static IP, no change.

It really looks like a problem on Nintendo's end, but am I the only one with that problem?! I don't remember this happening until a couple months ago (with the update? I'm not sure...)

In the official nintendo site there is some sort of app, with which one can check all the function/buttons of the wiiugamepad...
Could anyone plz provide the link?
Thanx!!

Trine 2 demo is fun. I'm not sure if I'll get the full game.

I did download super metroid for 30 cents. Very good purchase on my part. This is the first time I've ever seriously played it. Now I appreciate how Retro was able to translate prime to 3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom