• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U "Skylanders SWAP Force" Basic Bundles confirmed for North America

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I didn't notice it included Nintendo Land as well, back in the Gamestop thread. It sounds not bad, even if it being just the Basic model (8GB) kind of weaken the potential of this bundle. Still, not bad. Nintendo, advertise this, please.

Robin64

Bigger picture. Confirms that the Washbuckler color is indeed exclusive to this pack.

ZDmdrWy.jpg

bumpkin

Agree. Nintendo is doing a good job with the bundles, but for the audience they are trying to reach I still think 300$ is too high for most of them.
But the Swap-Force starter on its own is $75, so that's actually a $75 savings compared to the current Deluxe w/ Nintendo Land bundle.

L~A

Bigger picture. Confirms that the Washbuckler color is indeed exclusive to this pack.

ZDmdrWy.jpg

Thanks a lot for the pic Robin64, added it to the OP.

And I think it's already been mentionned, but I wouldnt be surprised if this was where the Basic Packs that were recalled ended up.

Rocky

Banned
Don't see how Skylanders and Just Dance mean Nintendo is going to "win" the holidays. Who's going to buy a whole new console to play these games when they are also being released for the Wii, which most families probably already have.

Nobody bought the Wii U for those games last year, so why would this year be any different?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
But the Swap-Force starter on its own is $75, so that's actually a $75 savings compared to the current Deluxe w/ Nintendo Land bundle.

I agree there is significant savings, but the sticker price is still high.

Don't see how Skylanders and Just Dance mean Nintendo is going to "win" the holidays. Who's going to buy a whole new console to play these games when they are also being released for the Wii, which most families probably already have.

Nobody bought the Wii U for those games last year, so why would this year be any different?

What's even funnier is that the Wii U version of Just Dance 2014 (this year's entry, released October 2013) doesn't support off-TV play while Just Dance 4 (released fall 2012) did support it.

GulAtiCa

Good bundle IMO.

Black is the deluxe bundle which means for every 50 dollars on the eshop you spend you get 5 back in eshop credit which ends up adding up nicely.
Yep. I've spent over $700 on the Wii U eShop, which means I've gotten $70 back so far.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I have a basic white because of the color

Exile20

Looks like that GameStop flyer was spot-on : Nintendo just announced that a Skylanders SWAP Force Basic Pack would be released just in time for Black Friday in North America. Price is apparently 299.99$, and it will be released on Nov. 15th.

Contents are :

- White Wii U Basic system
- Nintendo Land (disc version, apparently)
- Skylanders SWAP Force starter pack with :
a) game
b) Portal of Power
c) three Skylanders figures, including Ninja Stealth Elf (one of the Core Skylanders), Blast-Zone and an exclusive color shift Washbuckler
- a collector poster, trading cards and sticker sheets

And if you buy the bundle at GameStop, you can get :

- 25$ gift card
- backpack
- some Wii U games for 25$ (like Scribblenauts Unmasked and Rayman Legends, I believe).

Here's a pic of the box :

(Bundle me with an Ouya and lock if old)

I have to admit, it's a pretty nice bundle, with a great value. Could be big for the Wii U this Christmas.

If they market it then this will sell big.

GulAtiCa

No I mean it's not as good a deal as I thought lol

10% may not be as much as it seems, but certainly adds up overall. I now really need folders. I have 4+ filled pages. Will certainly increase by a lot over the holidays with different VC and eShop releases.
Though technically I actually spent less then $700, but the DDP counts games I've gotten for free.

I wish this DDP was on 3DS.

L~A

Personaly, I use the credits for pretty much any purchase. And what the 70$ saved thing is missing is that the money you get can go toward another coupon.

So when you get a 5$ coupon, that means you already got 5$ off your next coupon (which is why using the coupon on anything else than the Wii U eShop is a bit dumb, imo). So technically, the savings are bigger than just 70$ ;)

Personaly, I use the credits for pretty much any purchase. And what the 70$ saved thing is missing is that the money you get can go toward another coupon.

So when you get a 5$ coupon, that means you already got 5$ off your next coupon (which is why using the coupon on anything else than the Wii U eShop is a bit dumb, imo). So technically, the savings are bigger than just 70$ ;)

Yeh, I'm yet to use a code on the 3DS for this very reason.

Yanikun

Banned

ZDmdrWy.jpg

It's sad a little bit that Skylanders Swap Force is featured as the huge system-selling game and all Nintendo Land gets is a tiny sticker in a corner calling it a "bonus game."

Exile20

It's sad a little bit that Skylanders Swap Force is featured as the huge system-selling game and all Nintendo Land gets is a tiny sticker in a corner calling it a "bonus game."

It makes sense, NL is an old game and also Skylanders has more pull.

Yanikun

Banned
It makes sense, NL is an old game and also Skylanders has more pull.

Of course, and Skylanders is a much more expensive game. I'm just not sure it would have hurt to have also featured Nintendo Land prominently on the box. You can miss that sticker and not know you have a lot more content than you thought in that bundle.

Zing

Banned
Fuck why couldn't the NSMB bundle be in white?!
No kidding. I assume it's because all existing 32GB systems are black and they want to encourage digital purchases. I don't care about storage since 32 isn't enough for going all digital anyway. I literally just bought a basic system from kijiji yesterday. Mainly to save $100, secondarily to have a white system.

This bundle is a nice deal. It isn't a blow out, though. A shame it comes with a variant. I dislike variants, and there is no stand alone Wash Buckler.

zroid

Banned
This bundle is very appealing to me. Despite being a basic model. Nintendo Land was the most important thing in there anyway.

Top Bottom