• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatchx

Banned
Thought I'd chip in my on my e3 predictions. I really don't think we'll hear ANYTHING until then. I consider myself pretty realistic, and I try to include everything rumoured.

-3DS sales age, sizzle reel with Kid Icarus, Resident Evil, MGS3, Mario Tennis Open, Mario Kart, 3D Land, etc
-Upcoming N/A 3DS releases and maybe some dates. Monster Hunter 3, Final Fantasy : Therythm, Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem for localization. Animal Crossing later in the summer (probably will be announced earlier at Nintendo Direct) Luigi's Mansion in the fall. SHOCK - Bravely Default in the fall with new name!
-Wii time. Show some sales, stats. Been a good run boys.
-Smoke. Dun dun dun. Wii U....but name changed to something way better! A video demo of capabilities mixed with a quick sizzle reel with a bunch of games. Shows people/families playing.
-Miyamoto shows off his new game which is something we could never possibly predict. I won't even try.
-Reggie comes up and talks about the UI. Online abilities, face chat capabilities, apps, books, movies, etc. System plays DVDs and maybe Blu-Ray (with big applause if this happens), and talks about built in tech demos (mostly what we've already seen).
-Trailer for new 2D Mario called Super Mario Bros. Infinite. It allows you to draw new levels on the tablet and play online with up to four players. Trailer shows little kids drawing. Families having fun. Can create a level at the same time others play levels. Due on 3DS too, with some cross-play stuff. DLC. Will be at launch.
-Pikmin 3 trailer. Looks very, very dope. Coming in launch window.
-Retro studios trailer for new Mach Rider game. Open World. Due 2013.
-Third party time. Ubi Soft gets up and shows that Alien Game, maybe a quick look at AC3.
-RE:6 trailer is shown, shows tablet abilities.
-Lego City Stories is shown. Looks cool.
-Sizzle reel with a bunch of 3rd party ports.
-Reveals launch date, maybe the price.
-Aunoma actually takes the stage. He shows a quick trailer for Zelda 3DS. Looks pretty cool. Semi top down.
-Iwata takes the stage. Talks about some stuff, then BOOM! One more surprise! We see that the Namco/Sega/Capcom project is actually Super Smash Bros. for 3DS with a shit-fuck-load of their characters. B-B-But when is it coming out?

The end.

Gaf Reaction:

-People freak out that the graphics don't look like a huge jump over PS3/360.
-People don't understand Miyamoto's new game, people think it looks dumb.
-Doom and Gloom. Where's GTAV?
-2D Mario looks like NSMB and people complain.
-So.....2D Mario is the only 3DS reveal hitting this year?
-Retro's game is fap-worthy.
-When people calm down, Nintendo win's e3

Nibel

Super Smash Bros? Then again, we know next to nothing about it.

This is the only game that comes to mind. But since you can use your WiiMots+Classic controllers with the Wii U, I don't see a real purpose to use a system like the 3DS as an additional controller. Then again, Sakurai loves to put everything into his games to give every player enough options.

Smash is a special case, though. There are two games coming. Are those going to be identical or not? Is the 3DS version an enhanced port of an old version? I don't know why they decided to create two games.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Ok I know that it was talked about MoH: Warfighter and that it will be comeing to Wii U

Now, is the statement that the game will be released on October, 23rd for PC, PS3, X360 and WiiU a hint that it will be the consoles release date or will it be released prior to that??

Quote from the article:
"Medal of Honor: Warfighter" erscheint am 23. Oktober für PC, PS3, Xbox 360 und Wii U.

Link to article:
http://derstandard.at/1330390612862/PC-PS3-360-Wii-U-Medal-of-Honor-Warfighter-beruft-im-Oktober-ein

So, two games leaked/announced for Wii U at GDC?
One from Ubi and one from EA?

Jackano

Ok I know that it was talked about MoH: Warfighter and that it will be comeing to Wii U

Now, is the statement that the game will be released on October, 23rd for PC, PS3, X360 and WiiU a hint that it will be the consoles release date or will it be released prior to that??

Quote from the article:
"Medal of Honor: Warfighter" erscheint am 23. Oktober für PC, PS3, Xbox 360 und Wii U.

Link to article:
http://derstandard.at/1330390612862/PC-PS3-360-Wii-U-Medal-of-Honor-Warfighter-beruft-im-Oktober-ein

Yeah it's a megaton Ok but I don't think developers, and to be honest even Nintendo don't know the exact date already.
This is something decided maybe 3-6 months prior to the date. The hope to have a release early than we thought (september, early october) is appealing, but you are just overhyping here. The only sure things are that the system won't miss Thanksgiving in the US and Christmas in Europe.
Third parties only know that, and delaying the Wii U version to make it at launch 2-3 weeks after the announced october dates is not a problem.

More than that, I remember Turok and ISS64 on PAL N64 being released a month before the actual console :lol

Edit: Oh, and by the way, if all the AA multiplatform third party titles (Wii U version) of the holiday season starts to agregate on the system release date, it will be a very interesting launch line-up on paper. And a big tool for Nintendo's communication teams to work with.

TriGen

Quote from the article:

Link to article:

I've said before I think the Wii U will be released before NOV because of all the games coming out before then that we know will be on the Wii U. Also you need to think of the 2 or so Nintendo exclusives, if the console launches in NOV when a lot of games are already out or close to coming out they'll start eating each other's sales, nothing will piss third-parties off more then people picking up a Nintendo game instead of their game when launching the console 1 month earlier would have avoided that problem.

They also need to be careful of not having the Wii U version of the game come out a lot later then it would for 360/PS3, if someone is hyped for a game and they already have a 360/PS3 their not waiting anymore then a couple weeks tops for the Wii U version, I know how hyped I get when a game I really want comes out, no way I would wait an extra 2 months for the same game, even if it had a couple extra features. Those reasons are why I think the Wii U will come out between mid SEP- mid OCT, it's not a lot earlier then NOV but there is enough of a gap to have games come out a few at a time, think about it you launch in NOV pretty much every game will be out for the Wii U at the same time, it's better to have a steady flow leading up to Christmas.

Cookychan

Banned
Thought I'd chip in my on my e3 predictions. I really don't think we'll hear ANYTHING until then. I consider myself pretty realistic, and I try to include everything rumoured.

-3DS sales age, sizzle reel with Kid Icarus, Resident Evil, MGS3, Mario Tennis Open, Mario Kart, 3D Land, etc
-Upcoming N/A 3DS releases and maybe some dates. Monster Hunter 3, Final Fantasy : Therythm, Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem for localization. Animal Crossing later in the summer (probably will be announced earlier at Nintendo Direct) Luigi's Mansion in the fall. SHOCK - Bravely Default in the fall with new name!
-Wii time. Show some sales, stats. Been a good run boys.
-Smoke. Dun dun dun. Wii U....but name changed to something way better! A video demo of capabilities mixed with a quick sizzle reel with a bunch of games. Shows people/families playing.
-Miyamoto shows off his new game which is something we could never possibly predict. I won't even try.
-Reggie comes up and talks about the UI. Online abilities, face chat capabilities, apps, books, movies, etc. System plays DVDs and maybe Blu-Ray (with big applause if this happens), and talks about built in tech demos (mostly what we've already seen).
-Trailer for new 2D Mario called Super Mario Bros. Infinite. It allows you to draw new levels on the tablet and play online with up to four players. Trailer shows little kids drawing. Families having fun. Can create a level at the same time others play levels. Due on 3DS too, with some cross-play stuff. DLC. Will be at launch.
-Pikmin 3 trailer. Looks very, very dope. Coming in launch window.
-Retro studios trailer for new Mach Rider game. Open World. Due 2013.
-Third party time. Ubi Soft gets up and shows that Alien Game, maybe a quick look at AC3.
-RE:6 trailer is shown, shows tablet abilities.
-Lego City Stories is shown. Looks cool.
-Sizzle reel with a bunch of 3rd party ports.
-Reveals launch date, maybe the price.
-Aunoma actually takes the stage. He shows a quick trailer for Zelda 3DS. Looks pretty cool. Semi top down.
-Iwata takes the stage. Talks about some stuff, then BOOM! One more surprise! We see that the Namco/Sega/Capcom project is actually Super Smash Bros. for 3DS with a shit-fuck-load of their characters. B-B-But when is it coming out?

The end.

Gaf Reaction:

-People freak out that the graphics don't look like a huge jump over PS3/360.
-People don't understand Miyamoto's new game, people think it looks dumb.
-Doom and Gloom. Where's GTAV?
-2D Mario looks like NSMB and people complain.
-So.....2D Mario is the only 3DS reveal hitting this year?
-Retro's game is fap-worthy.
-When people calm down, Nintendo win's e3

Pschh, Reggie will assure this himself on stage.

darthdago

what about Epics presentation of Unreal engine 4 behind closed doors??
some leaks about it finally running on WiiU? (I think it will but confirmation wld be nice)

hatchx

Banned
some leaks about it finally running on WiiU? (I think it will but confirmation wld be nice)

Apparently it's scalable.

I think we should give up the idea that the wiiU is going to be a power beast above the 360/Ps3.

Roo

It's like a hypnotising pendulum.....jsnfieubckuygkhdfvdf
HAY GURL HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
or
FAB-U-LOUS

MzoQW.gif

Nibel

Just a rumor by a French news site. This could be wrong, I wouldn't count on UE4 for Wii U.

Wii U is at a major disadvantage if it can't run UE4. It should be able to if Nintendo is serious about 3rd party support once the new XBox and Playstation come out.

Yeah it's a megaton Ok but I don't think developers, and to be honest even Nintendo don't know the exact date already.
This is something decided maybe 3-6 months prior to the date. The hope to have a release early than we thought (september, early october) is appealing, but you are just overhyping here. The only sure things are that the system won't miss Thanksgiving in the US and Christmas in Europe.
Third parties only know that, and delaying the Wii U version to make it at launch 2-3 weeks after the announced october dates is not a problem.

More than that, I remember Turok and ISS64 on PAL N64 being released a month before the actual console :lol

Edit: Oh, and by the way, if all the AA multiplatform third party titles (Wii U version) of the holiday season starts to agregate on the system release date, it will be a very interesting launch line-up on paper. And a big tool for Nintendo's communication teams to work with.

Turok didnt come out before the pal n64 it did in fact come out a few days after it

DrWong

Wii U is at a major disadvantage if it can't run UE4. It should be able to if Nintendo is serious about 3rd party support once the new XBox and Playstation come out.

Guys, if Wii U has no UE4 support it will not be based on tech issue but political/editorial decision. This thing is scalable.

Nibel

yeah but im asking could they put on the logo if it not really running on a Wii U in that clip

I think that logo means that the Wii U can handle UE3.
Interesting info: Samaritan runs on UE3.5 and not UE4 like many people assume. If Rein is serious about "getting Samaritan on Flash", then I wouldn't be surprised if they port it - or the UE3.5 - to the Wii U.

Which we saw running in various games on the Wii U last year.

Yeah, but then we knew as a fact that was footage of PS3/Xbox360's versions, this time around they put WiiU's logo specifically to not-so-vaguely hint that those Aliens' bits were actual WiiU footage, otherwise they could have put the bare logo writing some explicatory notes along the lines of "We are working on WiiU as well but at the moment we can't show anything".

Most probably you're right, that was just some Pc/Xbox360/Ps3 random footage because WiiU games are still under NOA till E3 and they couldn't show anything beforehand without Nintendo's permission, still it's not clear why they should have chosen allegedly to throw some fake WiiU footage.

lednerg

No multi-platform console game is ever going to look better than the PC version. Those days are long gone; give up the dream.

No multi-platform console game is ever going to look better than the PC version. Those days are long gone; give up the dream.

Technically, it was never the case except for in extreme situations where the developer made the most unoptimized version (RE4 PC).

andthebeatgoeson

I hear the percentage chance for Thursdayton is equivalent to how many times more powerful the Wii U is compared to 360. Or, the you could just use the amount of GBs of ram.

1-8

Nibel

Technically, it was never the case except for in extreme situations where the developer made the most unoptimized version (RE4 PC).

The first time I played RE4. And nonetheless I loved the hell out of it.
The I played the Wii version.. perfection.

But what lednerg says is true, the gap between PC perfomance and console perfomance will be even bigger in the next years.

Do you mean that Aliens' bit was too good to be a console version?

I'm asking as the video I saw yesterday was bad-quality and I couldn't say whether it was meh or any good, besides I am not very tech-wise to be honest.

Do you mean that Aliens' bit was too good to be a console version?

I'm asking as the video I saw yesterday was bad-quality and I couldn't say whether it was meh or any good, besides I am not very tech-wise to be honest.

It was an old clip on a bad video feed.
It's impossible to make any judgement calls on how it looks.

I doubt we'll see any games running on the system before E3.
Even N-Gamer's AC3 article will just have standard bullshots from the other versions.

I'm really glad I didn't get on the GDC hype-train.

We've heard nothing.

Actually, we've heard quite a bit.
The problem is that people were expecting Nintendo to come out and say "Here's the new Wii U!"

I doubt we'll see any games running on the system before E3.
Even N-Gamer's AC3 article will just have standard bullshots from the other versions.

Yeah, they'll keep being secretive about WiiU come E3 - and even then they will not fully disclose in-depth all details for that matter - we all should have known that in advance.

Yeah, they'll keep being secretive about WiiU come E3 - and even then they will not fully disclose in-depth all details for that matter - we all should have known that in advance.

Anyone that's followed Nintendo releases before knew that.
Even after the system launches, there will still be things we don't know.
It's just how Nintendo is.

Thanks for the clarification AceBandage and Boris Feinbrand, at the very least looking at the bright side they didn't put in it PS3/XBox360's versions for a change.

As a general rule, trailers for multiplat. games that have a PC version are always taken from the PC version. The XBL trailers for BF3 were all PC footage.
At most they overlay console specific button prompts and thats it.

I also expect this to happen for most Wii U 3rd party games.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Actually, we've heard quite a bit.
The problem is that people were expecting Nintendo to come out and say "Here's the new Wii U!"

Gee, I wonder why! *looks at this thread*

People were hyping up GDC as some torrential flood of new info on the WiiU, with massive leaks and awesome games everywhere.

Oh well, the hype train will surely keep rolling with even greater momentum towards E3.

burst

Didn't nintendo say they would be releasing all the way up to e3. So far we have just had the NFC/NiN network announcement. Hopefully we should have some more along the way. It will help build up hype if they are teasing and staying in the headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom