• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxrunner

It seems that Unreal Engine 4 was NDA but not because of epic it seems. I wonder if it was running on Wii U and Nintendo decided to nda'ed the whole presentation...

Nintendo doesn't need my money they don't need my excitement but man I really really want them to again. I want good ole Nintendo back with this console. I want magic again. I want a system that launches with a Mario, or Zelda with the full force of a dazzling engine. I want to feel like a little kid when I first boot it up like I did with the N64. Nintendo please give me what I want!

darthdago

It seems that Unreal Engine 4 was NDA but not because of epic it seems. I wonder if it was running on Wii U and Nintendo decided to nda'ed the whole presentation...

I've not heard that the NDA didnt come from Epic itself...but...the way you mention it...it would make perfect sense...
Wii U = bleeding edge technology *confirmed* :))

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Come on guys, E3 isn't THAT far away...
:(

For me the waiting really begins on May 13th.

Classes end for me at the beginning of May, I'll be off the high of getting a Vita, I'll be done with Xenoblade, and I'll just be getting back from the Legend of Zelda Symphony. I imagine those next twenty-something days will be BRUTAL...

I'll probably go pick up one/two of the following to fill some time with: Max Payne 3, Dragon Dogma, Witcher 2, Sorcery, and/or Mario Tennis Open.

Bullza2o

For me the waiting really begins on May 13th.

Classes end for me at the beginning of May, I'll be off the high of getting a Vita, I'll be done with Xenoblade, and I'll just be getting back from the Legend of Zelda Symphony. I imagine those next twenty-something days will be BRUTAL...

I'll probably go pick up one/two of the following to fill some time with: Max Payne 3, Dragon Dogma, Witcher 2, Sorcery, and/or Mario Tennis Open.
I don't know if waiting is more brutal than having finals the week of E3 (Quarter system). Oh well..

they changed the console to a purple purse again, thats why they are scared to show it
LLShC.gif

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I don't know if waiting is more brutal than having finals the week of E3 (Quarter system). Oh well..

Dude that is horrible. I remember when I was in high school and E3 was usually at the beginning of May, which every year coincided with spring training for the football season. So every year (for four years) I would go to school at 8:00 AM and not get home until like 7:30 PM. At the time I was just excited to get the information, but I missed the amazing E3 2004 Nintendo conference (Twilight Princess reveal) and 2006 Nintendo E3 Press Conference (Wii unveiling) LIVE. :/

But yeah this year my summer classes begin early June, and I'll make sure that I can afford to miss a few of those early classes lol. Hopefully you don't have a final DURING the actual Nintendo Press Conference this year....

Cmd. Pishad'aç;35844636 said:
I want Wave Race United as launch title, with the best water physics ever. Period. And compelling online modes.

Either this, 1080 or, preferably, F-ZERO.
It's the perfect opportunity to flaunt the Wii U's power in lighting and rendering, and will be a real showcase for the system at launch. Plus, all 3 titles are arguably 'mature', or at least, targeted at a core audience in nature.

If none of these happen, I will not be happy. It makes too much sense not to.

Unreal Engine 4's NDA is not Nintendo come on guys
KuGsj.gif

it would be easy for Microsoft to crush a WiiU E3 presentation with a simple demo of the nextbox running this, this is easy and logical

but putting our hope on Nintendo being the one
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Nibel

KuGsj.gif

it would be easy for Microsoft to crush a WiiU E3 presentation with a simple demo of the nextbox running this, this is easy and logical

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

This is an important point. And you are probably right.

Door2Dawn

Banned
One is showing what the console could potentially do.

The other is showing fullblown playable games, and possibly the interface and other features and strategies for the console that will set itself apart from the rest.

Easy and logical. Yeah, okay.

This thread is fucking annoying to read.

edit: oh yeah lemme put some smiles in there to:
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

tkscz

What the hell!?

Could Nintendo really do that?

Any Company could do that, if it's own their next generation console. It's to keep their hardware secret, more than likely so other companies can't see it.

One is showing what the console could potentially do.

The other is showing fullblown playable games, and possibly the interface and other features ans strategies for the console that will set itself apart from the rest.

Easy and logical. Yeah, okay.

This thread is fucking annoying to read.

edit: oh yeah lemme put some smiles in there to:
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

What?

Durango -> UE4

Wii U -> CryEngine 3

Believe.

I think Cryengine is more impressive, to be utterly honest with you - and that's not because the likelihood of their partnership is high - form what I've seen this generation, Crytek have pulled greater graphical achievements than Unreal.

Yes, I went there.

maybe it steambox lolz come on guys it could easy be Wii U don't know shit about it really piss's me of that site would wrights them off with out thinking but then that the mind set this gen made

Nibel

I think Cryengine is more impressive, to be utterly honest with you - and that's not because the likelihood of their partnership is high - form what I've seen this generation, Crytek have pulled greater graphical achievements than Unreal.

Yes, I went there.

You are actually completely right.

There are games released in recent years which can't compete with Crysis from 2007. I love Epic Games and love to chainsaw some opponents in Gears 3 and think that the game looks great, but CryEngine are just above it.
Too many UE3 games share similarities in my opinion.

Crytek is nearly unmatched when it comes to graphics - Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica come to mind. Oh, and DICE set a certain benchmark with Frostbite 2.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just want to be able to play my Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash, DK, F-Zero, etc, with more graphical power in glorious HD.

Third-Parties is a big bonus.

Maxrunner

KuGsj.gif

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Not following this....specially considering that the next xbox devkit is rumoured to be running mid pc cards....

Yes, I went there.

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with you. Crytek really established themselves as one of if not the most talented developer when it comes to their engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom