• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It's not to blame Gaf, but the general situation.
I'm really tired to hear and read all this chatting about "engines" not getting anything about "games".
especially on Nintendo platform, I'm not so focused on the hi-tech side of gaming...

Anth0ny

I just want to be able to play my Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash, DK, F-Zero, etc, with more graphical power in glorious HD.

Third-Parties is a big bonus.

That's pretty much how I feel.

Third parties are nice, but I own my Nintendo consoles for the first party games.

We will get Zelda at E3. Maybe F-Zero. Mark my words.

HylianTom

Banned
Eh.. I'm at the point where graphical style does more for me than technical statistics. If Nintendo can do Mario Galaxy with the Wii's level of power, then I shiver at what they'll be able to do with mere "2-to-3-times-360" graphics.

And if I can get two or three really good third-party titles per generation (ex: RE4, Tales of Symphonia, etc), then that's all bonus for me. I barely have enough time to keep-up with just Nintendo's output on the console and handheld. Damn adult responsibilities!

Nibel

That's pretty much how I feel.

Third parties are nice, but I own my Nintendo consoles for the first party games.

We will get Zelda at E3. Maybe F-Zero. Mark my words.

Zelda at E3 after Skyward Sword just has been released last year?

Never.

presses jump button

0jb43.gif

Sadist

I just want to be able to play my Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash, DK, F-Zero, etc, with more graphical power in glorious HD.

Third-Parties is a big bonus.
Same, but with one tiny exception: I'm just hoping for Capcom support. I need mah Resident Evil.

Nibel

Eh.. I'm at the point where graphical style does more for me than technical statistics. If Nintendo can do Mario Galaxy with the Wii's level of power, then I shiver at what they'll be able to do with mere "2-to-3-times-360" graphics.

Important point!

Back when I was lurking here, I remember people writing that Nintendo isn't prepared to create HD graphics. :lol
I honestly don't know in which universe Nintendo isn't capable of great graphics. Galaxy games on Wii are magic, and it's the maybe most interesting thing to see what we will get when they enter the HD ring finally.

HylianTom

Banned
Wait.. did someone say "new Zelda at E3?"

I might need to consult a doctor in four hours. Nayru, that kinda talk gets me all hot n'bothered!

Instro

I don't think it really matters who has the NDA on UE4, the engine is likely to be on just about everything from ios/vita up to consoles and PC. It could be Nvidia, it could be MS, it could be Nintendo. It could be all 3 of them really.

Anth0ny

Important point!

Back when I was lurking here, I remember people writing that Nintendo isn't prepared to create HD graphics. :lol
I honestly don't know in which universe Nintendo isn't capable of great graphics. Galaxy games on Wii are magic, and it's the maybe most interesting thing to see what we will get when they enter the HD ring finally.

Nintendo made the best looking HD game of all time in the Gamecube era. They'll be ready for Wii U graphically, don't worry.

Unless it's being produced by RETRO (which is up for discussion...) Zelda will not be at E3.

I personally think Zelda are working on Metroid. I don't, however, find Zelda to be totally impossible - just not likely.

Who know, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

tkscz

This is why I miss Rareware. They pulled this off on the original Xbox:
Bats_Tower_stronghold.jpg

conker-live-reloaded-20050421002451968.jpg

Then topped it with this on the 360:
banjo-kazooie-nuts-bolts-20081009023517174_640w.jpg

banjo-kazooie-nuts-bolts-20081009023525221_640w.jpg

which looks better than anything Epic has done on the 360. I'd love to see what they could do next gen. Oh well, at least we still have Retro.

All they need is a simple Zelda demo that would take them two months to polish up or even a trailer with epic music and we know how far those go when Zelda is concerned they mean nothing to the end result but mega hype at a presentation. So yes Nintendo will have Zelda at E3 it just wont hit the store shelves for 3 years

you guys are cruel to yourselves really

Important point!

I completely agree that Nintendo is more than capable of creating amazing graphics but they haven't been at the forefront of that race on any of their own consoles since the N64. They were constantly outdone by 3rd Partys.

Also I honestly don't understand the OMG GALAXY is incredible! Galaxy has fantastic art but a seriously hampered engine. The skyboxes in that game are terrible and the overall IQ is nothing to get excited about.

Anth0ny

All they need is a simple Zelda demo that would take them two months to polish up or even a trailer with epic music and we know how far those go when Zelda is concerned they mean nothing to the end result but mega hype at a presentation. So yes Nintendo will have Zelda at E3 it just wont hit the store shelves for 3 years

you guys are cruel to yourselves really

Retro Zelda will be out next year and will be the first in an epic Wii U Zelda trilogy. Each game will be released bi-annually.

why do i do this to myself

Unreal Engine 4's NDA is not Nintendo come on guys
KuGsj.gif

it would be easy for Microsoft to crush a WiiU E3 presentation with a simple demo of the nextbox running this, this is easy and logical

but putting our hope on Nintendo being the one
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

that's not logical at all, Wii U's presentation will be about everything but graphics.

StevieP

Banned
You know, I've already adopted the mentality that 3rd parties (mainly western), just won't support the wii u in a meaningful way. This way, I won't be disappointed.
Having said all that, pessimism aside, I would love to be proven wrong.

Keep this mentality in mind. The Wii U is not going to get the same level of support as, say, Microsoft.

No multi-platform console game is ever going to look better than the PC version. Those days are long gone; give up the dream.

Keep this in mind, too. lol

Wii U is at a major disadvantage if it can't run UE4. It should be able to if Nintendo is serious about 3rd party support once the new XBox and Playstation come out.

The Wii U can *run* UE4, but whether it is ported or not is a different story. Scalability will allow that engine to run on a lot of stuff.

what about Epics presentation of Unreal engine 4 behind closed doors??
some leaks about it finally running on WiiU? (I think it will but confirmation wld be nice)

It seems that Unreal Engine 4 was NDA but not because of epic it seems. I wonder if it was running on Wii U and Nintendo decided to nda'ed the whole presentation...

I've not heard that the NDA didnt come from Epic itself...but...the way you mention it...it would make perfect sense...
Wii U = bleeding edge technology *confirmed* :))

It makes sense for it to be Nintendo, what with their leak control and everything... but it's probably the Durango.

Wow Epic, kind of being pushy dicks at this point. Seriously, the console makers need to make money too you know.

With recent rumors that the WiiU would be running the UE4, I can see it being Nintendo who made that NDA.

Well, it is most likely Microsoft.

But I want to believe. :(

Guys guys, c'mon. It's not Wii U. (Nor is it MS for that matter).
It's a PC with a high end Kepler GPU. All the next gen consoles are AMD chips.

_DSC0726_689.jpg

Retro Zelda will be out next year and will be the first in an epic Wii U Zelda trilogy. Each game will be released bi-annually.

why do i do this to myself

you are cruel

but so is Nintendo

instead of allowing Retro to shine with a major new IP that they created themselves yeah I can see them being cruel enough to stick Retro with 6 years of Zelda whoring :(

and you'll eat it up all of you cruel people

Nibel

This unnanounced Retro game is killing me.. it could be:

- Metroid Prime/ new Metroid game, maybe 3rd Person
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 2
- "Dead" Nintendo Franchise rebirth
- A own IP

The last one won't happen, though.

Instro

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/Data/2012_3_7/Epic-Games-Shows-Off-Unreal-Engine-3-in-Flash-and-Kepler/_DSC0726_689.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Of course, but that doesn't answer the question of who put the NDA on it. Unless you mean Nvidia were the ones who wanted the NDA, in which case I would probably agree considering the demo was running on unfinished/unreleased hardware and all.

BY2K

Membero Americo
This unnanounced Retro game is killing me.. it could be:

- Metroid Prime/ new Metroid game, maybe 3rd Person
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 2
- "Dead" Nintendo Franchise rebirth
- A own IP

The last one won't happen, though.

I want #3 to happen again. Retro is good at it.

tkscz

Keep this mentality in mind. The Wii U is not going to get the same level of support as, say, Microsoft.

Keep this in mind, too. lol

The Wii U can *run* UE4, but whether it is ported or not is a different story. Scalability will allow that engine to run on a lot of stuff.

_DSC0726_689.jpg

Not my point, my point was that Epic is being a pushy dick.

StevieP

Banned
Of course, but that doesn't answer the question of who put the NDA on it. Unless you mean Nvidia were the ones who wanted the NDA, in which case I would probably agree considering the demo was running on unfinished/unreleased hardware and all.

I'd agree. Well, it's either NVidia or the Steambox is spec'd with Kepler.

Not my point, my point was that Epic is being a pushy dick.

That's ... well that's Epic. Rein's calling card practically.

Anth0ny

how long would it take Nintendo to HDfy this for my WiiU?

they could do a director's cut and add the missing dungeons and some new quests and features without killing the charm of this beast

If the only game at launch was a Zelda HD collection

I'd be in heaven

And I fixed that link ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom