• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Average dudebro: Why would I play GTA V on the fucking Wii U when I can play it on my awesome Xbox?

Well.. there are also people who don't have the need to buy a new console for one single game.. this is why Wii U needs original killer software. Multiplatform third party stuff is just a nice bonus.

Cookychan

Banned
Yeah, I heard something from one of my co-workers to the effect of "Nintendo is done because they're incapable of catering to a typical adult gamer."

I looked him dead in the face and told him, "no, they'll succeed because they don't pander exclusively to your fickle demographic" and walked away.

I overheard two guys bitching about Nintendo after watching me play Revelations, and said "the Wii U is iPad sized and has Wii graphics." Almost intervened with "Did you just crawl out of your 360's vagina this generation?"

Cookychan

Banned
Average dudebro: Why would I play GTA V on the fucking Wii U when I can play it on my awesome Xbox?

"GTA V on Nintendo? Yeah, I bet it's superior to my awesome, last-gen, 599 US Dollars beast that is now technologically inferior but technically was from launch day or so."

guek

Banned
all it's going to take is the right games and the right marketing. Proper execution of marketing is the tricky part, but the formula is easy enough

Nibel

This is awesome news if true... imagine an advert for a Wii U launch title, first out of the next gen gate, with "Made with unreal Engine 4" slapped on at the end. Yum.

129167586636177506p8uq4.gif

frostbyte

I overheard two guys bitching about Nintendo after watching me play Revelations, and said "the Wii U is iPad sized and has Wii graphics." Almost intervened with "Did you just crawl out of your 360's vagina this generation?"

I want to play Revelations but I don't want to pay Australia's jacked up prices. :(

Chances are the GPU barely resembles a 48xx card anymore. It'll have been tweaked beyond recognition by the time the system releases, with updated shaders, tessellation and efficiency.

Would be cheaper for AMD and Nintendo to just put a 68xx class GPU in the box, rather than going to all the trouble of customising a 48xx class part to that degree.

I don't remember the last time Nintendo had a good run at marketing but they got the Wii sold

the Wii was being sold out and hitting retirement homes like a plague I am happier to see a Nintendo that can sell hardware than to see a good hardware struggle like the gamecube did.

I don't think Sony is having much fun with the Vita right now and I don't think they love PS3 trailing the 360

would having Wario being a Major Nelson type spokesman help?

frostbyte

Would be cheaper for AMD and Nintendo to just put a 68xx class GPU in the box, rather than going to all the trouble of customising a 48xx class part to that degree.

Wouldn't the heat be a larger concern then? and I'm pretty sure AMD and Nintendo would do whatever is the most efficient way.

I've gotten used to being ass-raped with pricing, I plan on moving to Japan as an adult anyway.

Japan's not exactly the cheapest place to live...

They probably have, I'm not sure - we know it started with a 4770LE type card as a substitute, but somewhere down the line it's likely changed.

if Wii U's games look anything like the Zelda demo or the flying bird thingy I'm perfectly fine then.
those two look already better than 98% of this-gen games.

(yea i know...."but it's a demo without AI, physics bla bla nadda nadda")

frostbyte

if Wii U's games look anything like the Zelda demo or the flying bird thingy I'm perfectly fine then.

That's absolutely true. In the end, we'll get Nintendo games in HD and gasp. And there will be much rejoicing either way.

btw guys, what 3rd party games do you want to see the most on the Wii U? Mine's personally Dark Souls and Assassin's Creed. and one of them is already confirmed :)

now that we know for sure that the WiiU runs UE4 at 1080p 60fps and streams 4 uPads at the same time in SD

how much are you guys willing to Pay for it?

$499 maybe?

I think thats fair even dudebros will buy at that pricepoint

Nibel

Aside from Link's face, the tech demo looks really great.

GWya1.gif

HylianTom

Banned
If Nintendo goes this more powerful route with its hardware - and I do remain skeptical - then I really hope they nail-down any cooling issues that tend to come with more powerful stuff. If forced to choose between "3x 360" and "7x 360 - but with RROD added," I'm choosing the former every time.

Otherwise:
Hype!

Wiz

now that we know for sure that the WiiU runs UE4 at 1080p 60fps and streams 4 uPads at the same time in SD

how much are you guys willing to Pay for it?

$499 maybe?

I think thats fair even dudebros will buy at that pricepoint

It'll be between $299 to $399. I dunno but $499 seems a bit too high if it the launch lineup doesn't support it.

That's absolutely true. In the end, we'll get Nintendo games in HD and gasp. And there will be much rejoicing either way.

btw guys, what 3rd party games do you want to see the most on the Wii U? Mine's personally Dark Souls and Assassin's Creed. and one of them is already confirmed :)

AC3 Wii U version is best version!
I'm curious about it. and the alien game

frostbyte

Personally $399 is the sweet spot for me. I really don't want to spend more than that on a console and if it's higher, I'll just have to wait for the price drop while everyone's playing glorious Pikmin 3 in front of me :(

AC3 Wii U version is best version!
I'm curious about it. and the alien game

I'm not too hot on Alien Freaks from Outer Space from what I've seen of it. Seems like one of those games that's mildly fun that'll tide you over till good games start releasing and then you'll ditch it like it's hot. Then again, it might turn out to be awesome at E3 so I'll reserve judgement for now.

Cookychan

Banned
I'm currently job-hunting, so with money earned and money gained and the other stuff scammed outta my parents, it should be okay anyway to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom