• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think Crysis 3 is coming to Wii U. He cant flat out and say "its coming to WiiU" while being under NDA. Just wait until E3, 6(7) more weeks :)

If you actually watch the video, he's pretty unequivocal. Granted, a developer outright lying to an interviewer is no longer unheard of, but that seems a bit overly optimistic.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Didn't Alberto or someone credible hint they heard Crytek was doing a Wii U demo at GDC? Or did I make that up?

HylianTom

Banned
But my Nintendo-centric blog idea will be great. What's wrong NintendoGo.com?
I like this. Something to combat the relentless attitude found in most large outlets.

I really wish Nintendo had the guts to say to these sites:
"Fuck you - no more review copies, no more interviews, and you're disinvited from our conference. Have a great E3. You won't miss us, right? We're too goddamn kiddy and behind the times and technologically obsolete to bother covering anyway, right, hmm? We'll just invite these smaller fan-driven community sites instead. Buh-bye!"

Instro

Didn't Alberto or someone credible hint they heard Crytek was doing a Wii U demo at GDC? Or did I make that up?

That was certainly rumored, specifically Crytek UK. Keep in mind that Crytek has a few different titles in development across their studios. Crysis 3 may not make sense due to the timing and it being a sequel, but Homefront 2 and the supposed TimeSplitters sequel will probably make it. It'll be up to EA to decide really.

BurntPork

Banned
Crytek video is pretty unequivocal. No way to spin this as anything other than a failure by Nintendo* to overcome its history of poor relations with Western third parties.

Well, it's just one title. :/

*I say Nintendo because the onius is on them - it's been clear for a while that they would have to work a lot harder to get decent third-party support than Sony or MS did for their HD consoles, or will for their next. Some of that is a result of decisions Nintendo has made in previous generations that have alienated third parties, and some is just stupidity/stubbornness/etc. on third parties' part, but the reality is what it is and Nintendo can't expect third parties to change it purely out of the goodness of their hearts.
Since you seem more balanced, would you mind making the thread? This seems like important information.

Linkhero1

I like this. Something to combat the relentless attitude found in most large outlets.

"Fuck you - no more review copies, no more interviews, and you're disinvited from our conference. Have a great E3. You won't miss us, right? We're too goddamn kiddy and behind the times to bother covering anyway, right, hmm? We'll just invite these smaller fan-driven community sites instead. Buh-bye!"

I was taking a jab at certain Nintendo blog site :p

I do, however, agree with you. I'm sick of these sites, but I don't see Nintendo shunning them out anytime soon. I'm still not sure what to do with NintendoWorldOrder.com

CryEngine and Crysis do not go hand in hand.

EA would be the one deciding if Crysis 3 ends up on Wii U.

You're right, but judging from the interview it doesn't seem that it's being worked on.

"Fuck you - no more review copies, no more interviews, and you're disinvited from our conference. Have a great E3. You won't miss us, right? We're too goddamn kiddy and behind the times and technologically obsolete to bother covering anyway, right, hmm? We'll just invite these smaller fan-driven community sites instead. Buh-bye!"

I know a couple of sites that dont deserve review copies, interviews and E3 access :3

Is anyone going to make a thread about the
Crysis 3 thing? I'm on my phone, so it's hard for me.

Seriously someone saying a game is not coming to a system is not worth a new thread, it'll just fill up with trolls and crap, i'm so glad you are on your phone at the moment Mr Pork

come on guys. fact-checking website. not nintendo-centric. something people would use and not openly mock.

I thought you said last time was "last chance".

Anyway, I'm in the process of forming some tables but suffering from massive pre-implementation feature creep (I want to make it with mediawiki-like content tracking and rollbacks). I'm incredibly lazy, though, and in the middle of a class group project which involves making databases and websites, coincidentally enough.

Redford

aka Cabbie

Yeah. I'd rather have a more specific Nintendo fansite for a change. Some are around under that guise, but put out the same snarky crap as anyone else. I like the idea of a fact-checking site, but if someone wants to do that, they can go ahead. It's a great idea.

BD1

Banned
I am just getting myself ready now; a lot of major HD Twin games won't start hitting Wii U until spring/summer of next year (if ever). If Wii U dev kits weren't widely available when those games went into production, many of them won't/can't be ported in time for simultaneous multi-platform release.

If I'm wrong, I will be pleasantly surprised.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Luckily, the mods will step in and block the thread... Right? Right?

Maybe we could spin the news.

"Nintendo said that Crysis 3 doesn't meet their quality standards so will not be featured on Wii U...."

Penguin

I always thought the point of this thread.. was to contain stuff like that

So we didn't have a dozen Wii U thread every day like we did in the wake of e3 last year

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Rösti;37250018 said:
Is the crisis of timid third party support a fact or is it just Crysis 3 that won't land on Wii U? Nobody knows for sure, but the graphically intense escapade for 2013 isn't looking likely to see a release on Nintendo's next generation system.

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/-fat-chance-of-crysis-3-coming-to-the-wii-u-226413.phtml

So, can it run Crysis?

That really sucks. I thought they were supposed to be helping iron out the specs. I thought for sure the would be supporting Wii U.

That sucks but I never played the first two. They're just sitting on my steam backlog waiting to be played.
Oh my. You need to move Crysis to the top of your backlog list. It's one of the best FPS campaigns ever made.

Linkhero1

Investor meeting in two days. I have two midterms this week. We'll probably be on the next thread by next week. E3 is almost here. I don't know what I'm doing right now. My body is ready. Somebody hold me.

suracity

"Fuck you - no more review copies, no more interviews, and you're disinvited from our conference. Have a great E3. You won't miss us, right? We're too goddamn kiddy and behind the times to bother covering anyway, right, hmm? We'll just invite these smaller fan-driven community sites instead. Buh-bye!"

Huh! However there is no way Nintendo is going to do this. Because do you think the Big 3 really give a **** about gaming journalism?
The only things matter are those people running business, keeping this industry grow and making profit.

I don't mind a new thread on this. Hell I don't even care some random positive/negative pieces of news flying around. Because the real answer is so near and either way all these will have an end.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
To be clear: IF Crysis 3 doesn't come to Wii U, it's not AT ALL because of a hardware reason, from what i know, the system can run the latest CryEngine optimally. At 720p, but optimally.

Consider this a fact, and spare me the "blablabla ideaman blablabla i doubt him blablabla" ><

Instro

If THQ is still around long enough for Homefront 2, if there really is a Time Splitters sequel, if EA has learned anything from this gen. Pretty big ifs.

I don't quite see how Crysis 3 being a sequel should be a problem though, is that game series so story-heavy ? If AC3 can hit Wii U I don't quite see any reason for Crysis 3 not to do the same, unless of course they think it wouldn't sell.

Personally I'd say AC3 is much more standalone than Crysis 3. In any case this is something EA can decide on at any time really, its not like doing a port would be a huge task considering the game is a year out.

Linkhero1

To be clear: IF Crysis 3 doesn't come to Wii U, it's not AT ALL because of a hardware reason, from what i know, the system can run the latest CryEngine optimally. At 720p, but optimally.

Consider this a fact, and spare me the "blablabla ideaman blablabla i doubt him blablabla" ><

wsippel said the same, so I've taken this as a fact.

BY2K

Membero Americo

IdeaMan saves the day!

DrWong

To be clear: IF Crysis 3 doesn't come to Wii U, it's not AT ALL for a hardware reason, from what i know, the system can run the latest CryEngine optimally. At 720p, but optimally.

Thanks for the confirmation but I'm sure we all here understand that if the game doesn't come to Wii U it's not related to spec' (hell, it comes to PS360). But cool post.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I am just getting myself ready now; a lot of major HD Twin games won't start hitting Wii U until spring/summer of next year (if ever). If Wii U dev kits weren't widely available when those games went into production, many of them won't/can't be ported in time for simultaneous multi-platform release.

If I'm wrong, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Well, going off of Tomb Raider and Epic Mickey 2 this appears to be the case. I'm guessing the 75% of the third party games I'm getting this year won't be on Wii U. It's hard not to be pessimistic about this. People around here keep trying to remain optimistic, but there's just too many reports about specs for me to remain that way. In the end, it's the games though, and I'm beginning to have my doubts. Even if Wii U was just as powerful as Durango and Orbius I think third parties would still be reluctant to support it. I'm beginning to think Wii U will be for Nintendo games and maybe a handful of third party exclusives. The better pull some magic off at E3.

Yeah, are people really jumping to conclusions because of this? I don't blame them for not wanting to put Crysis 3 on Wii U. I don't think it would sell all that great. I know I wouldn't be buying it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Yeah, are people really jumping to conclusions because of this? I don't blame them for not wanting to put Crysis 3 on Wii U. I don't think it would sell all that great. I know I wouldn't be buying it.

If the thread is made. Watch. Just watch.

Turns to shit faster than you can say "Doomed".

nikatapi

Thanks for the info as always IdeaMan!
Does this mean that the WiiU can do all the effects at 60fps?What do you mean by "optimally"?

Well, going off of Tomb Raider and Epic Mickey 2 this appears to be the case. I'm guessing the 75% of the third party games I'm getting this year won't be on Wii U. It's hard not to be pessimistic about this. People around here keep trying to remain optimistic, but there's just too many reports about specs for me to remain that way. In the end, it's the games though, and I'm beginning to have my doubts. Even if Wii U was just as powerful as Durango and Orbius I think third parties would still be reluctant to support it. I'm beginning to think Wii U will be for Nintendo games and maybe a handful of third party exclusives. The better pull some magic off at E3.

Well, you could just choose to believe Satterfield.

But yeah, as I've said before, Nintendo should have little trouble convincing third parties to greenlight Wii U versions of any and every multiplatform HD title shipping in Q4 of this year or later. If, in reality, more than a few such titles end up slipping through the cracks, it'll bode quite poorly for the system's future. (Not that multiplatform titles are enough in themselves, but that's another matter.)

Epic Mickey 2 denial is particularly bizarre, since all other indications are that Spector's/JP's relations with Nintendo are quite warm, and the excuse Spector gave makes no sense (he claimed that the game was "so far" into development by the time Wii U was "announced," yet EM2 couldn't possibly have been much more than 5-6 months into development by the time dev kits were made available early last year).

NBtoaster

I think he's implying that they don't have the time or workforce for a Wii U port.

Most companies are stretched thin supporting 3 platforms, you can't just expect them to support 4.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Son of the Dragon project may come to Wii U ?

It's at the end of this Renegade Kid interview (page 2), google translated from spanish:

Finally, about Dracula: Son of the Dragon. What happened?

We signed the game with Gamecock, who published the first U.S. Dementium. They were a great group. Son of the Dragon agreed with them to Wii and Nintendo DS, three years ago, before the 3DS. We started developing this dual game was going well. It was like a kind of Castlevania and 3D third-person, but you were Dracula and were getting some RPG elements to give you wealth. It was action-oriented, had much combat (people experienced in the subject was with this). He was ambitious and complicated, and I think it would be fun and very good. Dracula is incredible, has so much potential and history behind it.

Southpeak bought Gamecock then. By then, the Wii market was going through many challenges, especially with the original games, 'hardcore' or whatever you call games for players, not for the family. Southpeak I think he thought "this is a lot of money, do not know if it's something that will sell well," so I understand. It was naturally disappointing, but perhaps it was the right decision, unfortunately.

Any chance for the future? Perhaps the duo U Wii - 3DS or something?

You can, of course. We again have rights, so we can do things with it. It is always possible, is something I have spent many veves in my career. I have an idea, it does not work for any reason, and suddenly reappeared in some way ... That always made me feel, not to lose all these ideas. They can change, learn new ways, but always good and never ceases to amaze when old ideas are again useful. It's great.

It is certainly possible. I am a huge fan of the game in third person. I have not done any, so you have to do is a personal challenge.

Third parties sales are going to suffer on Xbox360 and PS3 this holiday season with the WiiU out.

I can't imagine third parties willfully missing the gravy train, especially if the WiiU can easily support their game engines and then some. They most likely can't because of resource issues, which is a shame because they have their priorities wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom