• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
-------------
Impossible Scenario Question Time - Choose Wisely
-------------

Ok, guys, would you rather:

A - see the Nintendo E3 press conference 3 days early (Sunday before conference) - BUT you may not view or post on GAF for the entire week
B - see the conference the same time as every one else, just like the other years
C - E3 sensory deprivation until Friday night (including GAF, etc.) - BUT you can play two of the Wii U games firsthand

C.

How can you see e3 before everyone else 0_o

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't mind seeing that happen this time around. It would feel right, especially as the usual pre-E3 leaks begin to show-up, fueling.. new hype.

Also.. the 3rd of May in 2006 was when Ubisoft issued a press release confirming a certain title for Launch Day for the Wii.
Oh man, that hurts. Poor Ancel.
Guys, i thought I was excited before. I dont post as often as you guys, but i always have a tab on this thread, either at work or at home.

I understand giddy hype. A week before DE:HR, i became obsessed. Knowing that game was coming so close ruined games for me until release. But i had yet to feel that way for the Wii U. Its a nintendo console, its a no brainer i will own it, unlike DE:HR of which was a mystical unknown property to me. I barely knew anything about the series even at that point.

But ideamans post that there is something major that nintendo has kept secret even from major partners, got me to the next level. It gave me that mystery element i needed to go super saiyan. Thoughts and dreams are running rampant through my head. The idea of a major bomb, like android on my screen in game with all the features that brings, has got me crazy excited even if it doesnt pan out. The kind of excitement that usually only comes the weekend before E3, or Christmas eve when i was younger.
e3tcqa2ozs.gif

Don't let yourself get that hyped, man. It's fun, but ultimately it's not worth it.

Kangi

-------------
-------------

A - see the Nintendo E3 press conference 3 days early (Sunday before conference) - BUT you may not view or post on GAF for the entire week
B - see the conference the same time as every one else, just like the other years
C - E3 sensory deprivation until Friday night (including GAF, etc.) - BUT you can play two of the Wii U games firsthand
C. I can wait on knowing the announcements if it means I can get my hands on the products early.

I'll keep trying to bring 'em.. but in 2006, Nintendo had their historic conference/blowout on the 9th of May, so our time for comparison is running out. :(

In one week, it will have been six years since The Conference That Changed Everything ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T79ruFPtjg ). Incredible.

"Two years ago at E3, we pulled the curtain back on Nintendo DS, and many said… 'huh?'" -Reggie Fils-aime

Ha, I like that!

Wow, the directing and dialog was incredible at this conference.

Don't let yourself get that hyped, man. It's fun, but ultimately it's not worth it.

Just need to allow yourself to get hyped for the possibilities, rather than the expectations. I was shaking with excitement last year, but ultimately wasn't too let down that only two games were revealed at the conference. Keep things in check and you'll be fine.

Oh right, whose creating the new thread

We drafted Rösti for that. Somebody spread the word.

I would also not complain if AniHawk were handed the keys.

Stop linking to the conferences, for Christ's sake.

Yeah, I just lost like twenty minutes of sleep I would have otherwise received.

Hrm. I'll probably get to work after thread vee starts, but I'll try to make a summary for my summary so people know that yes, in fact, there was news throughout this thread.

HylianTom

Banned
Stop linking to the conferences, for Christ's sake.
Sorry. Trying to be helpful, but I guess it ends-up being frustrating. :/

I think we tried to nominate GPW, but he didn't want to, and then a number of folks liked the idea of Rösti doing the honors.
(edit: and beaten.. poop.)

lednerg

IdeaMan was talking about using more than one tablet at a time. He had hinted at it before, saying that devs were testing it out. They obviously couldn't test it out if it were impossible. I think he must have found out recently that the dev he gets his info from is going to go ahead with it.

Sorry. Trying to be helpful, but I guess it ends-up being frustrating. :/

I think we tried to nominate GPW, but he didn't want to, and then a lot of folks liked the idea of Rösti doing the honors.
(edit: and beaten.. poop.)

It's too early for the Annual Re-Watch of the Conferences!

Am I reading the rumours correctly that Nintendo is working with Google on the OS layer for Wii U? Obviously wouldn't be based on Android, so why does Nintendo need Google?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Watch it be analog triggers.

I'd be excite for those.
Me too!
Just need to allow yourself to get hyped for the possibilities, rather than the expectations. I was shaking with excitement last year, but ultimately wasn't too let down that only two games were revealed at the conference. Keep things in check and you'll be fine.
I was the same last year. As hyped as I was about what might have been coming, I set my expectations as close to zero as I could as the conference kicked off.

Am I reading the rumours correctly that Nintendo is working with Google on the OS layer for Wii U? Obviously wouldn't be based on Android, so why does Nintendo need Google?

Yeah, timeline went like this:

IdeaMan: What I'm hearing about the software layer is unknown but impressive.

Matt: The OS will be amazing. I can't say why.

Half of WUST: Who's that? I believe him already!

The Other Half: Just some Google employee. Oh, wait!

IdeaMan: Huh, looks like this guy confirmed stuff I've heard. Obviously, this proves that I had secret information all along, amirite guys?

BlackNMild2k1: By the way, a couple years ago I made an awesome post showing how Nintendo has been pretty openly designing an operating system. Their head programmer now works for Google, and the project is currently copyrighted by both Nintendo and Google.

Some Random Person: Ugh, why is there ever any news in this stupid thread?!?!?

Roo

IdeaMan was talking about using more than one tablet at a time. He had hinted at it before, saying that devs were testing it out. They obviously couldn't test it out if it were impossible. I think he must have found out recently that the dev he gets his info from is going to go ahead with it.

He did?
hmmm... I missed that one

jacksrb

Exactly.

Half the fun of LOST was the discussion afterward.
Half the fun of E3 is experiencing the blowups, anger, and meltdowns firsthand. The news are about games i wont be able to play for months. People freaking out, posting awesome gifs, seeing new memes be born, that stuff is enjoyed in the moment.

I agree - sharing the craziness is half the fun. Of course, the hype threads and insanity are as much fun as the eventual news (case in point - the Nintendo Direct thread where everyone Reggie-fied their avatars).

But C is also tempting...for that new Mario from EAD Tokyo or Retro goodness...

It does sound pretty ridiculous. I did it last year for the first time and it turned out to be an unexpected source of hype. Who knows if it won't just be boring this year tho.

Iunno, I rewatched the 06 Nintendo Conference last year before E3, cause people were like "YOU SHOULD DO IT ASSHOLE!" and being the weakling I am I was like "okay ):"

It did nothing for me to say the least.

-------------
-------------

I am all about B

unless C allows me to play Xenoblade and Skyward Swords which I am saving to play on My WiiU day 1

Roo

This would make me consider buying a WiiU.

Multiple Tablets + user accounts + integrated online OS/services
If these three are true I might bite day one.

I can't say the same tho
I'll buy it no matter what.
Even if it only supports one Wii U controller, has 32-digit friend codes and a Brawl-esque online.
Can't live without Nintendo exclusives!!!!

Luv ya Nintendo <3

Posting my gif now, I'll post it in the new thread as well. I'm a couple days late, but oh well (;
DO NOT QUOTE, I REPEAT DO NOT QUOTE THE GIF!
andthenwewillmurderthem.gif

I approve of this call to Ubicide.

Also, you are now expected to produce one amazing animated picture in every thread you post in.

edit: ITT, we learn which posters do not have 20/20 vision

The text is too dark and oddly placed, it blends too much into the background, it's barely readable

Thanks -_-
First time making a gif, and I spent an hour on it because I don't know how to make a gif. So...whatever.

Also, I don't see how thats barely readable.

I approve of this call to Ubicide.

Also, you are now expected to produce one amazing animated picture in every thread you post in.

edit: ITT, we learn which posters do not have 20/20 vision
I'll consider it.

I have better than 20/20 so...I don't see how its barely readable.

Terrell

lol, I still can't believe you guys do this.

I already did it without the group.

I'm usually always at work during the E3 presentations, so I usually get to "see" the conference via liveblog. 2009 was an aberration in that I had a day off that year naturally and only occasionally watch them after the fact. I've never actually SEEN all of them until 2 days ago. So for some, it might have a benefit... I guess. Truthfully, I kinda feel like there's no point.

Thanks -_-
First time making a gif, and I spent an hour on it because I don't know how to make a gif. So...whatever.

What software did you use? I am curious about this, because my images have so far been entirely static.

Also I want to be like the Mama Robotnik of a couple years ago when I grow up
, pissing off the 56K and DSL folk by posting twenty megabyte gifs that get quoted ten times per page and never getting banned for it

Medalion

Banned
Thanks -_-

Also, I don't see how thats barely readable.

I'll consider it.

I have better than 20/20 so...I don't see how its barely readable.
The problem isn't the gif, that is fine. The text in some parts of the scene blend into the dark background of the floor which makes it hard to read, some other parts are ok.

What software did you use? I am curious about this, because my images have so far been entirely static.

Also I want to be like the Mama Robotnik of a couple years ago when I grow up
, pissing off the 56K and DSL folk by posting twenty megabyte gifs that get quoted ten times per page and never getting banned for it

Haha, to capture the clip I used PotPlayer and then an hour in photoshop editing the 970 frames -_-

There's probably a better way to do it.

Haha, to capture the clip I used PotPlayer and then an hour in photoshop editing the 970 frames -_-

Did you set it up initially as a 970-layer single photoshop image? Lining up the text might have been easier that way. If you computer didn't explode from the probable insanity of what I just said. :D

Yeah, timeline went like this:

IdeaMan: What I'm hearing about the software layer is unknown but impressive.

Matt: The OS will be amazing. I can't say why.

Half of WUST: Who's that? I believe him already!

The Other Half: Just some Google employee. Oh, wait!

IdeaMan: Huh, looks like this guy confirmed stuff I've heard. Obviously, this proves that I had secret information all along, amirite guys?

BlackNMild2k1: By the way, a couple years ago I made an awesome post showing how Nintendo has been pretty openly designing an operating system. Their head programmer now works for Google, and the project is currently copyrighted by both Nintendo and Google.

Some Random Person: Ugh, why is there ever any news in this stupid thread?!?!?

Are you going to be the one to start the next thread? You have my vote

boiled goose

good with gravy

Text is to dark and doesn't flow in usual gif fashion.
I would use white text, make it bigger, and make it pop more, rather than staying there for too long. Make it flow more like conversation.

Also, too many frames.
I feel part of a gifs charm and effectiveness is low frame rate. :p

good job on ur first one though, hope te see more at E3 ;P

Are you going to be the one to start the next thread? You have my vote

I likely won't be awake (or I'll be in the middle of my work commute) when it starts, but I'm thinking about doing the one after that. I like having prep time, like Batman.

Edit: Oh, no, I'm already starting to think of epic things, and silly things, and epicly silly things, to put into a first post.

Text is to dark and doesn't flow in usual gif fashion.
I would use white text, make it bigger, and make it pop more, rather than staying there for too long. Make it flow more like conversation.

Also, too many frames.
I feel part of a gifs charm and effectiveness is low frame rate. :p

Outlined text would be ideal. Black with a white outline around it, or the inverse of that. That way, it's seeable regardless of the background (unless the background is a random jumble of black with white outline text, which is probably pretty silly.

Linkhero1

I likely won't be awake (or I'll be in the middle of my work commute) when it starts, but I'm thinking about doing the one after that. I like having prep time, like Batman.

Edit: Oh, no, I'm already starting to think of epic things, and silly things, and epicly silly things.

I'd love to see a thread done by you. Do these epic things!

I'd love to see a thread done by you. Do these epic things!

Okay, I reserve the sixth thread, then. But be warned: If I suddenly decide it was a bad idea and change my mind, I will claim that I was drunk now.

Awww, man, so many beautiful layout possibilities!

edit: If the next thread is somehow made by AniHawk and becomes a second fourth thread, then maybe I'll do the fifth thread in a few weeks.

AAAAAGHHHH, I need to sleep but can't stop thinking of poster profiles for the key players here. >:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom