• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
People drink when they are thirsty.

image.php

LOCK

GAF>Internet>Ban

I laughed more than I should at this.

The desperation we are seeing comes from the fact that we haven't got a single exciting concrete piece of news in a very long time. Not to mention that e3 is in two months and it is time for people to start slipping tid-bits anyway.

Anth0ny

Why do people always assume rumors are true?

Beats me. I stopped believing what the Internet told me about video games when they lied to me about Luigi in Mario 64.

sm64luigi2tjbuy.jpg

WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S FAKE?

Since then, I've been skeptical of rumors.

My mind was blown when this turned out to be real:

dB18R.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
Beats me. I stopped believing what the Internet told me about video games when they lied to me about Luigi in Mario 64.

sm64luigi2tjbuy.jpg

WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S FAKE?

The 64 was a gold mine for rumors like that.

Remember those rampant rumors about being able to get the Triforce in Ocarina of Time?
It seems like we had a different ridiculous sequence of events to follow each month.

I was listening to IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat podcast today. Rich George commented that he had asked his sources about he the developers claiming Wii U was weaker than current gen, and he said that their reply was "Maybe those developers just suck."

around 29:30

Of course, it is also in the middle of about 20 minutes of defensive sounding talk about thw whole subject of graphical power.

Yeah.. he didn't exactly hide 100%. The hints were there, with that one being the most obvious. His word choice the entire time was very deliberate.

Yeah, and he even pretty much straight out said "I mirrored the website and altered my copy" well before most people caught on that it was fake (because after that he kept reasserting that he neither doctored nor photoshopped the pic and that it was a real screenshot of a web page -- all technically true statements).

The 64 was a gold mine for rumors like that.

Remember those rampant rumors about being able to get the Triforce in Ocarina of Time?
It seems like we had a different ridiculous sequence of events to follow each month.
Yeah, and when we finally found the actual way to get it, we were pretty surprised at how straightforward it was compared to those needlessly convoluted rumours.

edit: this was a joke, mentioning this because it's sleepytime, and I don't want any heads scratching overnight. :)

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Wow they really need to just announce the 3DS Lite at E3 and be done with the attachment. I would buy and/or trade in my current 3DS for one.

My opinion is that the second stick was purely added at Capcom's request.
It was the price the big N had to pay in order to get two Monster Hunters on their system.

AzaK

INSECURE.

Very, those things will fall off at the drop of a hat.

BTW, I didn't expect old Reject to get a perma ban for that fake-out the poor bastard. If some moronic websites look at that and actually just take it as fact without verifying it, and people then go and believe it, well thats their tough titties IMO.

HylianTom

Banned
Ugh, I watched him do that and just had a sickening feeling.
Your new avatar got really disturbing for some reason. Did he grow a third eye, or is that some sort of visual artifact?

True, I'm an idiot, they need to announce the 3DS XL. Guess my Ambien is finally catching up with me... :p
I could use some. :/

If some moronic websites look at that and actually just take it as fact without verifying it, and people then go and believe it, well thats their tough titties IMO.
You would think that they've learned to verify by now, especially after the fireworks we had earlier this year..

Anth0ny

Yeah, but my all time favorite rumors are the one about the 'truck' in the Pokemon games. I remember spreading a bunch of bogus cheat codes about it in elementary school.

First, catch all 150 Pokemon.

Use the itemfinder 100 times in the Bike Shop to find the Truck Keys.

Go to the truck. It will only move if you have a level 100 Machamp with strength.

When it's moved, Mew will appear. It is only catchable with a master ball, but you have to weaken it first.

Good times.

LOCK

I've been wondering if Nintendo will continue the Wii after the Wii U's release or let it die a fast death?

Could be a good marketing move to actually show a differential with the Wii U.

Very, those things will fall off at the drop of a hat.

BTW, I didn't expect old Reject to get a perma ban for that fake-out the poor bastard. If some moronic websites look at that and actually just take it as fact without verifying it, and people then go and believe it, well thats their tough titties IMO.

That was his thought-process and motivation and he is gone while they still remain...

Life just isn't ____

ReyVGM

I was listening to IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat podcast today. Rich George commented that he had asked his sources about he the developers claiming Wii U was weaker than current gen, and he said that their reply was "Maybe those developers just suck."

Of course, it is also in the middle of about 20 minutes of defensive sounding talk about thw whole subject of graphical power.

Poor Arkham :(

HylianTom

Banned
Poor Arkham :(

Ha!

I'd completely forgotten about him in relation to that comment.
But seriously, nice to see someone in gaming media say it aloud. And from what we're hearing if Nintendo is making their console so easy to develop for, then the developers not able to get anything good out of the hardware must reeeeallly suck.

Ha!

I'd completely forgotten about him in relation to that comment.
But seriously, nice to see someone in gaming media say it aloud. And from what we're hearing if Nintendo is making their console so easy to develop for, then the developers not able to get anything good out of the hardware must reeeeallly suck.

The problem is people expecting a straight port from the 360 to magically look and perform better on Wii U, without tweaking the engine to work for the system.

I mean, if Epic is saying they are doing some great things with it, then that's all I need to hear. I don't really like their games, but they do know what they're doing when it comes to using a console's power.

Instro

I'm not inclined to think its just because the developers suck. Some devs may not be getting the dev kits and support that other developers are, and as we have heard recently engines/middleware require more tweaking along with the hardware than we previously heard/assumed from all the early "easy to port" comments. IIRC Alberto mentioned that the Darksiders 2 engine's performance increased several hundred percent after some adjustments to fix some problems. These kinds of issues may be where the recent power comments are stemming from.

I've been wondering if Nintendo will continue the Wii after the Wii U's release or let it die a fast death?

Honestly, if the WiiU isnt sold at a loss then they should try to kill of the Wii as soon as possible. It seems to me that unless their new console is losing money like the PS3 was, which kept the PS2 on the market forever, then they would want to get people on board straight away. Hell, letting the DS hang around didn't exactly do the 3DS any favors either.

NeoRausch

I got a feeling that it is going to be a playstation2 situation. The original wii will be crawling around for a long long time.

hence the redesigne and a lower price model plus a pack in of wii sports resort, mario kart and NSMB will make it that wii sports mario machine for many families.

just my guess.

AzaK

Reggie has said as much in interviews that they would both be around together. This also makes the whole naming thing more weird if they are going to advertise both.

I thinks its fair to say that the art of squeezing power out of consoles (through optimzation, good coding and cleve work arounds) has been pretty much destroyed by the large influx of western/PC developers that have moved into the console space in the last 15 years. There are some that give it the good fight, but now it seems that its all "we need more RAM/Power/ETC" or just let EPIC optimize the middleware. But I wonder if its a testament to true talent (or lack there of) of some current developers to work miracles with in their limitations. Or if the nature of modern development dictated by the pressure of deadlines/milestones and the dread publisher/developer relationship has rendered it a skill that can no longer be affored or truly viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom