• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread The Third: Casting Dreams in The Castle of Miyamoto

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
You guys should really not talk about vulnerabilities and hacking, i'm sure this is against some form of the GAF TOS. I know you guys mean well cause we are crazed for info but come on lol.
Even if it isn't violation of any EULA/TOS of NeoGAF, it's highly inappropriate (and cause for ban). We should be able to go by this legally and in a way that doesn't hurt the interests of any company.

Rösti;36445736 said:
Even if it isn't violation of any EULA/TOS of NeoGAF, it's highly inappropriate (and cause for ban). We should be able to go by this legally and in a way that doesn't hurt the interests of any company.

I'm all for that, get to it!

Convince them you're a developer, sign an NDA, break it for our benefit.

Thanks in advance, sorry for all your future prison time! ;)

You can't wait that long till E3? D:

We could do a Kickstarters project for his departure to South America or some other distant location.

I'm... okay with this! Always wanted to visit Peru...

Then it's decided. Now all I need is a company name. Something inconspicuous like, say, GAFSOFT, Neontendo or BethGAFsda.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
To get a development license, I am pretty sure you need an office and employees.

Unless they relaxed those rules.
We require that companies are working from a secure business location. A secure business location has security systems for the building. The office space is secured from other offices in the same building. The office space is not shared with any other company. Sub-leases will need to be reviewed. The office space is not located within a personal residence.
Source: http://www.warioworld.com/apply/

Nibel

Isn't this like, illegal?

Fuck the Police

ML9Cy.gif

(I agree with you. This isn't worth it at all)

AzaK

The whole office thing that Nintendo requires is just one big "Fuck You" to small developers. Some of which can obviously make some kick arse games that Nintendo could benefit from having on their systems.

Nibel

Holy crap, I think we've reached a new insanity level :lol

But seriously, stop that hack talk! We should stick to honest, stupid, intelligent speculation with all its flaws. We are better than that shit. And remember: stuff like this isn't only bannable, but the thread could be closed as well.

So, back to the normal stuff, please!

Bagu

To get off the crazy train, let's talk about something else.
Like controllers! The WaveBird to be specific, and how much I want it. We should all want it really. Everyone email Nintendo saying you want a second line of Wavebird controllers for Wii U!

But seriously, stop that hack talk! We should stick to honest, stupid, intelligent speculation with all its flaws. We are better than that shit. And remember: stuff like this isn't only bannable, but the thread could be closed as well.

I'm not sure, but isn't it a possibility of NeoGAF getting in shit for it, especially since it leads back here as you folks ARE talking about it, in public...so the whole internet can see it.
So, stop while you're ahead folks.

Like controllers! The WaveBird to be specific, and how much I want it. We should all want it really. Everyone email Nintendo saying you want a second line of Wavebird controllers for Wii U!
I do not. My small hands didn't like the Wavebird.

Like controllers! The WaveBird to be specific, and how much I want it. We should all want itreally. Everyone email Nintendo saying you want a second line of Wavebird controllers for Wii U!

I had two, threw away one because it was filthy.

I wish I kept that one too.

Nibel

Like controllers! The WaveBird to be specific, and how much I want it. We should all want itreally. Everyone email Nintendo saying you want a second line of Wavebird controllers for Wii U!

Yeah, I got 4 of them here. They are pretty neat and the range is great.

I wonder if the GC controllers will be supported somehow...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

I agree with you, Nibel. While looking through directories isn't a crime or anything offensive, I saw that it may incur unwanted discussions and I'll keep info on it to a minimum.

Yeah, I got 4 of them here. They are pretty neat and the range is great.

I wonder if the GC controllers will be supported somehow...

How would that work without the console having GC controller ports?

The only way I could think of would be if they released new "GC" controllers that could hook up to the Wii U wirelessly.

Christine

I continue to be of the opinion that between the touchscreen and the IR remote, Nintendo has established more than enough UI differentiation. The dual analog features of the padlet and especially any independent dual analog controllers should be as close to competing devices as possible.

Nibel

The only way I could think of would be if they released new "GC" controllers that could hook up to the Wii U wirelessly.

Maybe release an additional peripheral.

You can put that - let's call it GCC, GameCubeConnector - on the table or on the ground or whatever and plug your GC controller right into it. The device is wireless connected to the Wii U. Hm?

And Rösti, what you did wasn't a crime. ;)
But we should give a damn about such stuff, be honest and nice.

Think about good man Reggie - what would he think about us? His Mii may never appear on 3DS Mii Plaza again. And even strong men cry.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

A WaveBird with a receiver connected through a USB port might work. Demand for a solution with a Gamecube controller could be quite high for Super Smash Bros. on Wii U. There's of course the Classic Controller (Pro), but it's not quite the same thing.

Bagu

A new generation of wavebirds! Now with bluetooth, or they can continue with the RF tech the first ones had. I'm not sure how they compare...
WaveBirds!

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Look at......

e3-2011_2_shot3.jpg

those oranges ! :D

because we were obviously in need of a padlet picture with a fruits basket

Edit: and we can see that the upad can stand vertically alone, so it will be easy to use as a mini-sensor bar while you're on your sofa. Or maybe... maybe the basket is the planned stand !!! (or there's a small thing like a wii-remote behind :p)

Look at......

e3-2011_2_shot3.jpg

those oranges ! :D

because we were obviously in need of a padlet picture with a fruits basket

Edit: and we can see that the upad can stand vertically alone, so it will be easy to use as a mini-sensor bar while you're on your sofa. Or maybe... maybe the basket is the planned stand !!! (or there's a small thing like a wii-remote behind :p)

Where is this image from? And a simple flip out stand would be ideal, though this could just be a clear prop for photography purposes.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Is that the bird demo? It looks like something else?

yes it's the bird demo :) it's just a sunset setting.

Just look at that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX9UDAtB070&feature=related

It was nearly one year ago, in unstable and very firsts dev kits, development tools, SDK, with quickly built demo, and with that use of the padlet. Now imagine what you'll see come E3. And now facepalm yourself if you happened to doubt in front of some recent statements, and really thought that the Wii U will be just a Xbox360 repackaged with some slight improvements here and here ("on par").

Azure J

So someone in the PS4 thread is stating that the Wii U's CPU isn't dual threaded (thus 3 cores/threads). I'm thinking that's a pretty weird thing for the system to be designed with. What say you speculation GAF?

Personally, I refuse to believe one thing without considering the other. Has there been anything stated so far that suggests this is the truth or that the processor is in fact 2 way SMT? (Dual threaded for those not up on the terminology.)

BD1

Banned
A new generation of wavebirds! Now with bluetooth, or they can continue with the RF tech the first ones had. I'm not sure how they compare...
WaveBirds!

I truely hope Nintendo releases a worthy successor to the WaveBird for Wii U. A true, stand alone blue tooth control that does not need to be tethered to a Wii Remote. If they are honest about capturing the "core" market that never came to Wii, they need to offer a multiplayer solution that does not require purchasing a Wii Remote. They cant assume everyone has a Wii Remote (unless they are including one in the box).

WaveBird Pro SKU, please.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm not believing anything until E3.

I want facts, damn it, not hints, speculations and vague developer quotes.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Rösti;36448030 said:
Are you aware of the fact that hotlinking images is not recommended? If you haven't read the FAQ, do so: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428775

Just in case. Wouldn't wanna see you booted.

As for Wii U media, I normally use Nintendo's press site or Getty Images: http://www.gettyimages.com

Yeah i've read it but the sources are rather stable, i doubt they will change what is displayed by offensive content. Well.... you made me nervous for a moment lol. Thanks for the concern.

Edit: hey, after catching-up with the last pages, at least i'm not unintentionally tempting people to be too "curious" with the nintendo developer site :p Just joking, nothing wrong with searches on public directories. Maybe you'll find something interesting :)

Bagu

I truely hope Nintendo releases a worthy successor to the WaveBird for Wii U. A true, stand alone blue tooth control that does not need to be tethered to a Wii Remote. If they are honest about capturing the "core" market that never came to Wii, they need to offer a multiplayer solution that does not require purchasing a Wii Remote. They cant assume everyone has a Wii Remote (unless they are including one in the box).

WaveBird Pro SKU, please.

Best thing you can do is contact Nintendo and let them know there's a interest for it. If a good number of people email them about, they might notice.

StevieP

Banned
So someone in the PS4 thread is stating that the Wii U's CPU isn't dual threaded (thus 3 cores/threads). I'm thinking that's a pretty weird thing for the system to be designed with. What say you speculation GAF?

Personally, I refuse to believe one thing without considering the other. Has there been anything stated so far that suggests this is the truth or that the processor is in fact 2 way SMT? (Dual threaded for those not up on the terminology.)

I would also like clarification.

As far as I know, Wii U CPU is of unknown power ISA architecture, with:

3 cores, 2-way SMT
3MB L2 cache (split asymmetrically)
out-of-order

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

He's also referencing the IGN rumors about the Wii U. Funny how some IGN rumors are thrown under the bus while others are accepted with open arms.

Top Bottom