• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpman23

I have thought of the following three 3rd party developers as some of the best on Nintendo hardware of late, and am excited to potentially see some of their labors tomorrow (all currently doing Activision projects, interestingly):

- Vicarious Visions [Skylanders something?]
- Did the sublime THPS 2 on the GBA launch and the Wii/DS Guitar Hero games​
- Eurocom [007 Legends]
- Dead Space Extraction
- GoldenEye 007​
- Treyarch [BLOPS 2]
- Ported MW4 engine to Wii
- Brought BLOPS and MW3 out day and date with the other versions​

I'm personally hoping to get some information on the next Conduit from High Voltage Software.

boyshine

BLOPS2 better have someone aiming with the Wiimote. And Pikmin 3 needs to be at launch.

And they should delay NSMBU until Pikmin 3 reaches at least 300k sales.

Is it not better to launch with Mario, get people to buy the console first.. then release Pikmin at a date where it might actually have a chance of a medium level of commercial success?

Anth0ny

I love how people told us to keep our hype in check. Suck it, pessimists!

k2p5n.jpg

Go on... get hyped. There's gonna be a blowout! New games! Smash Bros! Monolith's new game! Zelda too!

I mean, why else would they have so many press conferences? Can't contain all the awesome in only one!

BD1

Banned
I have thought of the following three 3rd party developers as some of the best on Nintendo hardware of late, and am excited to potentially see some of their labors tomorrow (all currently doing Activision projects, interestingly):

- Vicarious Visions [Skylanders something?]
- Did the sublime THPS 2 on the GBA launch and the Wii/DS Guitar Hero games​
- Eurocom [007 Legends]
- Dead Space Extraction
- GoldenEye 007​
- Treyarch [BLOPS 2]
- Ported MW4 engine to Wii
- Brought BLOPS and MW3 out day and date with the other versions​

We know Skylanders is coming, so I would be shocked if it isn't announced tomorrow. Personally, I think Nintendo and Activision would have a lot to gain from some sort of an "enhanced" Skylanders partnership this holiday.

Oersted

k2p5n.jpg

Go on... get hyped. There's gonna be a blowout! New games! Smash Bros! Monolith's new game! Zelda too!

I mean, why else would they have so many press conferences? Can't contain all the awesome in only one!

You know what you are doing to you? Yes? Fine. Have fun xD . Im with you.

Tehalemi

Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

Heh...Hehh...heh...all going according to plan...

Finally figured how to make spoiler tags, rofl.

<_<

>_>

-continues to orbit the sun...for now-

Sheroking

Wait, if the second NCL thing overlaps with the NOA and NOE events, what the hell are they going to do in the first show?

Surely they aren't going to announce software or pricing with an event that's matched with the American and European events later.

Wait, if the second NCL thing overlaps with the NOA and NOE events, what the hell are they going to do in the first show?

Surely they aren't going to announce software or pricing with an event that's matched with the American and European events later.

Wii U Launch Presentation, 4PM: Announcement of release date, price, and information about the system itself.

Nintendo Direct Wii U Preview, 11PM: Information relating to 1st and 3rd Party software. Lined up with the European & American (and Australian!) ND/Conferences.

Sheroking

Wii U Launch Presentation, 4PM: Announcement of release date, price, and information about the system itself.

Nintendo Direct Wii U Preview, 11PM: Information relating to 1st and 3rd Party software. Lined up with the European & American (and Australian!) ND/Conferences.

So we'll have NCL pricing hours before the NOA pricing?

Great, 6 morning hours of people panicking and converting Yen to USD.

Oersted

Edit: beaten

So we'll have NCL pricing hours before the NOA pricing?

Great, 6 morning hours of people panicking and converting Yen to USD.

Basically, yes. We'll have those horrible 6 hours of people converting &#65509;30,000 to USD and Euro and panicking (ignoring the unusual exchange rates going on right now).

Any reason to stay up for the JP presentation if you don't understand Japanese?

The 4PM (JPN) one will detail release date & price, so you may get an idea of US timing. Plus, they'll probably talk about online, the user interface, miiverse etc, which you'll at least be able to watch, I suppose. Not essential, though.

first: launch games in japan.

second: price and date.

would make the most sense. more or less.

Nope, other way round.

Penguin

Remember when folks were freaking out that Wii U wouldn't hit Japan/Europe this year because nothing was announced... and now we have too many events announced.

I always chuckle at people who can afford a Wii U but not a cheap 2nd TV? I am guessing you can get something for like 99 bucks.

I think the only place the TV replacement thing will play well is Japan. and IMO it's an example of Nintendo making bad decisions based on the small Japanese market.

What a terrible post, and what an arrogant tone, too. People tweet, chat with friends or play mobile games and watch TV at the same time, and now they will be able to play console games while watching - We multi-task more than some care to recognise, and even when one takes that out of the equation, a good quality TV for £99 on what planet? A HD one to go with the HD console at that price? That's not even the point. There will be many who have small homes, and multiple televisions in one home isn't something you find in all countries - It isn't practical. Then there are electricity bills, energy efficiency and environmental concerns. It matters. I would suggest that it was an excellent decision, and I could see people in student halls or houseshares using it because their housemates want to watch a programme. I could see children using it while their parents watch the News. All that before even mentioning that the GamePad can and will do more than 'replace the television set'. Oh, and 'small Japanese market?' - It has the third largest economy and the tenth largest population in the world (at over 120 million); If that's 'small', then one has to wonder what that makes everybody else. Simply put, they'll do what they want, and they're right to ignore people who dismiss as 'small' things they don't get.

As You Were.

RedSwirl

Has anybody made a time zone chart for all this yet? The directs and the briefings. I think the JP one for me is 3AM EST but I'm not sure if that's the direct or briefing or what.

Daknight

Damn be my luck :( Tommorrow is an extremely busy day for me at work! Recording audio in the morning and video conference during the afternoon...So much info OVERLOAD once I get home to see all this O_O

Well I hope there is an overload of info giving there will be 4 Nintendo direct!

To me, making the games events all at the same time bodes very well for what we will potentially get.

I was bummed out that the Japan first one would spoil things or there wouldn't be unified unveilings so what Japan got, might be it and whatnot but now it makes it all the more interesting.

Not getting too pumped up though but even new footage of the games we know would be welcome.

Banned
*gasp* :O

photo_1201925_resize.jpg

I am also a Jets fan...you will see Nordiques fans are like Jets fans...all over the place and among the best in the league (one day for the Nords, currently true for the Jets)

Er...sorry for the OT moment guys...carry on...Wii U thing happening tomorrow or something along those lines
I as just egging you on. I hope Quebec gets its team back and smacks the habs around. I'm a leafs fan so you know my pain.

Also, 11 hours and 15 minutes until the conference :)

Banned
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata announces Nintendo's acquisition of Vivendi's stake in Activison Blizzard.

BOOM!

Naw bug seriously, like EatChildren said, this conference will only be about launch games and price and release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom