• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

So lemme get this straight: Nintendo is doing a Japanese hardware thing at 3AM EST, then doing a JP software thing at 10AM EST, which is at the same time as the NA thing (I don't know if that's software or hardware).

Anything I miss?

Redford

aka Cabbie
I want to ask if there will be any new games shown but in my head Reggie is answering: "what's wrong with you? we already showed you."

antonz

So lemme get this straight: Nintendo is doing a Japanese hardware thing at 3AM EST, then doing a JP software thing at 10AM EST, which is at the same time as the NA thing (I don't know if that's software or hardware).

Anything I miss?

Not really.

Japan #1 3 AM EST

Japan#2/US/EU 10 AM EST

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Anything I miss?

Yes.

First Nintendo Direct, for Japan, is about the Japan specific Wii U launch details, plus hardware information.

The second bunch of conferences all happen at the same time. There's Reggie's press event in NYC, and NOE's Nintendo Direct with Satoru Shibata, each giving launch details for their respective regions. Nintendo Australia will be following the NOE Nintendo Direct with our launch details. At the same time there's as these two events second Japanese Nintendo Direct, focused on first and third party software.

Just started it, on episode 5. After catching up on Breaking Bad fully, jumping into season 1 of Dexter was a bit startling. The first season seemed like a show with a great protagonist, awesome concept, and some great moments... But had some glaring flaws (probably so apparant because I just came from the masterpiece that is BB). But Season 2 has been really good so far, and the writing and support characters have really picked up, along with the major conflict building very nicely so far. Excited to see where it goes from here, and I'm guessing It gets even better from your comment.... Shit I might watch one more before I call it a night.

Dexter is one of those shows that gets better over time, in my opinion.

Now that I'm caught up on Parks and Rec and The Legend of Korra, I need to start watching Breaking Bad, I guess.

And Nintendo is awesome.

big_erk

Rich over at IGN did tweet that game announcements are happening for sure. It will be fun just hope there is more than the expected and that Japanese support isn't too out there. Bra and panty games etc wont ever come stateside so have to hope for moderation

Hey, we get Dead or Alive, what else do you want?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Today President of Nintendo Saturo Iwata, and legendary creator of Super Smash Bros. Masahiro Sakurai, proudly announce that the collaborative program with Namco-Bandai, an effort to ensure quality development of Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, has begun pre-production.

Oersted

Sakurai retweeted the NCL Nintendo Direct tweet.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaaaaaan

posted this an hour or so before.

697322_o.gif

but nevermind. hype

Anth0ny

Today President of Nintendo Saturo Iwata, and legendary creator of Super Smash Bros. Masahiro Sakurai, proudly announce that the collaborative program with Namco-Bandai, an effort to ensure quality development of Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, has begun pre-production.

Please stay tuned for more information at a later time.

Badass. So based on this, when can we get a teaser trailer?!

Hype.

I think he was making a joke about Smash Bros. barely beginning development so we'd have to wait a long time for it. :p

Damn. My hype levels are not even letting me think straight at this point. I'm not even thinking... can't even work on my assignment I should be taking care of right now.

The M.O.B

The most we will get, in the unlikely event we get anything for smash at all, is a cg trailer.

And that is all the internet needs.

BELIEVE.

How often does Nintendo announce games with a CG trailer? I can't remember the last time.

I'll be riding in the caboose at the back so I can disconnect in case this train is headed off a cliff.

Tehalemi

Three events all scheduled for the same time. Golly, it's almost like there's global game announcements under embargo until tonight.

fry.PNG

The whole thing's been a big coverup to hide the truth - the truth that the Wii U is just a new controller for the Wii, and when it is first synced to the Wii, it activates the dormant HD circuitry hidden in the Wii.

It's a conspiracy I tell you! A CONSPIRACY!!!

b3cf55d8b3f3397e29c5a263515a9137.jpg

I'm not sure if I should go to bed and wake up for the ND or just stay awake till then =/

I say if no necessities need attending to in the morning, stay up. I mean I'm playing Steam games all night until 3am right now. :D

No life FTW!!! u__u

EatChildren

RE: Smash Bros.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were mentioned in some respect. They noted it at E3, and they announced the Namco-Bandai collaboration on a Nintendo Direct. It wouldn't be totally out of character to say something about the game.

But I wouldn't expect that 'something' to be as substantial as, say, a trailer. Brawl took five months from when development started to the E3 2006 trailer, and I figure the close relationship between the Wii and GCN hardware allowed for pretty quick development. Sakurai definitely wasn't working on Smash Wii U/3DS until Kid Icarus: Uprising released which was back in March. The partnership with Namco wasn't announced until June.

A trailer or teaser is possible if they've really knuckled down, but given the time frame and schedule I think it's a bit too soon for a proper Smash reveal.

Don't do this to yourself guys. Just expect something shitty like a mainline Pokémon game for wiiU, smash bros trailer, metroid prime, Zelda trailer and 199 launch price.

Roo

RE: Smash Bros.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were mentioned in some respect. They noted it at E3, and they announced the Namco-Bandai collaboration on a Nintendo Direct. It wouldn't be totally out of character to say something about the game.

But I wouldn't expect that 'something' to be as substantial as, say, a trailer. Brawl took five months from when development started to the E3 2006 trailer, and I figure the close relationship between the Wii and GCN hardware allowed for pretty quick development. Sakurai definitely wasn't working on Smash Wii U/3DS until Kid Icarus: Uprising released which was back in March. The partnership with Namco wasn't announced until June.

A trailer or teaser is possible if they've really knuckled down, but given the time frame and schedule I think it's a bit too soon for a proper Smash reveal.

At this point, even a placeholder logo could make me happy

I thought about a month ago, they said they had a basic engine going. And if Sakurai mentioned making moves, doesn't that mean the game is up and running to some extent?

ohlawd

Pokemon Dungeon 3DS (Winter for JPN) is in Corocoro...Looks like my sources were wrong. Not for Wii U.

Pokemon Dungeon? Is that the Mystery Dungeon series on GBA/DS?

EDIT: just saw the pics. HNNNNNG

Don't do this to yourself guys. Just expect something shitty like a mainline Pokémon game for wiiU, smash bros trailer, metroid prime, Zelda trailer and 199 launch price.

So ridiculously awesome that my hype is gone because it ain't gonna happen!

Hiltz

I think 3DS only got Mario Tennis as its only new announced title from Nintendo at last year's September conference. Wii didn't get diddly squat in its 2006 conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom