• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

NES launch price: ¥14,800

SNES launch price: ¥25,000

N64 launch price: ¥25,000

Wii launch price: ¥25,000

WiiU launch price: ??

....just saying

Edit: lobdale is absolutly right(other thread). nes/ famicon was the exception from the rule. sorry for the inconvienience

Terrell

For people thats buying scribblenaunts..

from their facebook page.

LGmC7.jpg

Ice cold.

Smart Whiskeymatt would be going to bed right now and would just read summaries on both the conference and the Nintendo Direct after waking up. Smart Whiskeymatt is boring though so I won't be listening to him.

RAWi

lets be honest..... nothing will ever surpass the childhood greatness that was sonic's reveal.

It's a tough reveal to surpass... but I am confident that Sakurai will make.

But, what a day was it, when Sonic was revealed.

----

15 more minutes approx.!

NES launch price: ¥14,800

Fixed that for you

Edit: You fixed it yourself :)

Also note, the US usually had a $199 system at launch. But also, exchange rates are quite a bit different now - most of those years, that ¥25,000 was worth around $220, but these days it's worth $322. So that could make a big difference on how Nintendo chooses to price it in both Japan and the US.

Holy crap, December launch? Gamepads sold separately, Wii controls not included even in premium set? Boy have I been wrong with my predictions :)

WHAAA over 300 yep I will wait and not till December 8th you guys are all wrong.

and over 350 for the 32GB this is outrageous

It was 25,000 yen for the basic set with 8GB, 30,000 for premium set with 32GB plus 500 points towards downloads and I think 10% off download price, maybe 10% off all downloads until the end of 2014, I didn't quite get that point

Gamepads not sold sperarately until next year.

Gamepads are expensive.

System is perfect. Will get the black one since I was expecting 30,000 anyway.

No Wii Mote.

Nintendo Land being cheaper is smart. Remember Wii Sports was not a pack in in Japan.

HYPE.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!

RAWi

Can anyone summarise the non tech info they just divulged?

New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land boxarts were shown
Wii U Basic Set and Premium Set.
Nintendo Network Premium revealed. (Comes with Wii U Premium Set, gives you 10% discount for downloades, only from 2012-14).
Prices and Release dates revealed (Japan-Only).

If I miss something (I am sure I am), please complete this :D

It was 25,000 yen for the basic set with 8GB, 30,000 for premium set with 32GB plus 500 points towards downloads and I think 10% off download price, maybe 10% off all downloads until the end of 2014, I didn't quite get that point

Ah, premium buyers get 10% of the points they spend on downloads back until the end of 2014. And the premium set also comes with the controller stands.

imjust1n

Banned
300 for 8GB
and 400 for 32 GB

only thing im confused about is if the gamepad will come with the 8GB or not I think if for sure does in the 400$ one

and the launch day is 12-8-2012

Now this is for Japan I think it might be later for us but before Christmas and after black friday lol

JMPerona

So i was right all along for the ram situation, since february :)

It's from this 1GB for "OS" that my bolded "HUGE" and "AT LEAST" (as some have understood) come.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38580503&postcount=531
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41676271&postcount=3426

Although i had a little "fear time" after my sources told me of an "retail condition mode", so i guess it's just some sort of deactivation of those 1GB for the OS.

I imagine that they will do like in the late 3ds and release some (or a lot) of RAM for the games when the fix the final OS... I mean RAM from the os to the games.

Thraktor

That was interesting. Particularly the 1GB of RAM for the OS, they've obviously got some serious announcements on "entertainment" and online features coming later today to be needing that sort of RAM footprint, although for the life of me I can't think what.

I've also now got to watch three different Nintendo presentations at the same time later on, which is going to get confusing to say the least.

I really hope White = normal and Black = Premium isn't happening in North America.

Fuck it, I'm buying white regardless.

I'm guessing the Western premium model may include Nintendoland. That's really the only way that i'll bite on it. I'll go with the standard if the only real difference is a small harddrive upgrade and a 10% discount on digital titles.

300 for 8GB
and 400 for 32 GB

only thing im confused about is if the gamepad will come with the 8GB or not I think if for sure does in the 400$ one

and the launch day is 12-8-2012

Now this is for Japan I think it might be later for us but before Christmas and after black friday lol

All systems come with console, AC adapter, Gamepad, Gamepad recharger, HDMi cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom