• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, that controller looks terrible, so it had better be even better quality than the official one. I'd rather just mod the regular one with some colored buttons so it looks like the one our fellow gaffer made.

Kjellson

Am I the only one who thinks that looks grotesque?
image.php

Oersted

3 3DS game tweet accounts that are just based on characters? makes sense

if they started following anyone else rumors of deals and new games would start flying

There is NOA, NOE, Pokemon and many more to follow, which wouldn´t raise any kind of suspicion.On the other hand, NOA follows lots of lots of people.

antonz

There is NOA, NOE, Pokemon and many more to follow, which wouldn´t raise any kind of suspicion.On the other hand, NOA follows lots of lots of people.

I think the difference seems to be that NOA twitter is run by the PR firm while I think NCLs is run in house etc

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm currently playing X-Com (PS3 verison), and the game is practically screaming for a WiiU version. The Gamerpad would help it become such a more streamlined and intuitive experience.... it's just a shame that such a potentially great WiiU experience isn't coming. :/

I throw it a couple of times "accidentially" at the floor. I would say its pretty durable ^^

:eek:

You are a much braver man/women then I could ever be.

Oersted

So at Nintendo, you are playing with your CEO? Damn it...

Playing at Yamashita-san's house worked with one wall in-between! (laughs) When asked "Can I use it in my bedroom?" we can say that it would work within the same space when there is nothing in the way, but basically it depends on how your house is constructed, so we have to ask that you test it in your own home.

AGITΩ

I feel I should get some money off of this.

Anyway, I'm excited for the Wii U display set up. Already hyped my Manager to the point of, if the Nintendo rep doesnt show up tomorrow, I'm setting the damn thing up myself (after I call up my Nintendo rep to make sure everything is cool). The Box came with instructions.

The one thing that I did notice before I got off work was looking at the Fixture, the actual Console isn't pre set up like the Gamepad and the wiimote/nunchuck. Though I didnt dig through any of the other 6 boxes to double check. If it's not included in with it, then the Rep's might actually bring the system with them, which could rain on my personal set up parade.

Drago

The fact that the Start/Home/Select buttons are on the very top of the SNES-style controllers renders them useless to me :/

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Edit: I was too late

least not an hour =}

:lol

AGITΩ;43286580 said:
I feel I should get some money off of this.

Anyway, I'm excited for the Wii U display set up. Already hyped my Manager to the point of, if the Nintendo rep doesnt show up tomorrow, I'm setting the damn thing up myself (after I call up my Nintendo rep to make sure everything is cool). The Box came with instructions.

The one thing that I did notice before I got off work was looking at the Fixture, the actual Console isn't pre set up like the Gamepad and the wiimote/nunchuck. Though I didnt dig through any of the other 6 boxes to double check. If it's not included in with it, then the Rep's might actually bring the system with them, which could rain on my personal set up parade.

DO IT!!!!

Pharros

One of the managers of an EB Games in my region was recently at a Nintendo event and got his hands on a Wii U and was apparently very impressed and excited to get a demo unit. Unfortunately he had no idea when they'll be receiving one :(

On the other hand I hope his excitement means that he'll consider opening at midnight for launch. I wonder if it is up to each regional manager..

Tehalemi

I got dibs on the "Technicolor Dream Coat" one and the "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" one!!! >:D

Oh wow, tomorrow its already the day, that was fast xD.

Now, time to wait for new Nintendo Direct. October 23 or 24 (that's my bet).

The possibility of it being on the day of my birth???
o_o

goodgood.gif

AGITΩ;43286580 said:
Already hyped my Manager to the point of, if the Nintendo rep doesnt show up tomorrow, I'm setting the damn thing up myself (after I call up my Nintendo rep to make sure everything is cool). The Box came with instructions.

DO IT!!!!

NOW!!!

;p

One of the managers of an EB Games in my region was recently at a Nintendo event and got his hands on a Wii U and was apparently very impressed and excited to get a demo unit. Unfortunately he had no idea when they'll be receiving one :(

Probably Nov 15.

Videogames always, always, take too long.

Oersted

From Iwata asks:

20. Pikmin: The first game in the Pikmin series, released for the Nintendo GameCube system in October 2001. Pikmin 3 is scheduled for release for the Wii U console in the spring of 2013.

Noooooo.jpg

donny2112

With the Wii U coming with an HDMI cable, and those old surveys showing the majority of people used non-HD cords to watch stuff on their HDTV (meaning there's probably still a fair few doing it today), the Wii U could be the first HD content that a lot of people watch on their HDTVs.

AGITΩ

With the Wii U coming with an HDMI cable, and those old surveys showing the majority of people used non-HD cords to watch stuff on their HDTV (meaning there's probably still a fair few doing it today), the Wii U could be the first HD content that a lot of people watch on their HDTVs.

This is possible. I know the majority of the people I've interacted with that arent as informed and tech focused as us, they don't know that in order to get As Advertised graphics, they need the High Def cables. Not only that but the fact that they are typically never included, they don't want to shell out the extra cash for the cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom