• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Wii U Virtual Console "Complete" Releases

Benjamin_MFF

Jun 22, 2008
I recently posted a thread about going with a Wii U or Switch for Zelda: BotW : Here's the Thread for that discussion and primarily due to fiscal reasons, I went with the Wii U. It has been a blast! I have found older titles a joy to dive back into, LoZ: Wind Waker HD and finding games that were previously out of reach, Metriod Prime Trilogy, I'm looking at you.

Seeing the variety and breath of consoles available in the eShop I had a question after seeing the Super Mario Advance titles for sale. Since some of the games are available are released for multiple systems, I was curios if there was a list of versions compared to each other and the differences between them.

Reactions: TLZ

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Aug 8, 2007
Uh, you are really gonna need to look up each title individually.

ExpandKong

Barlog's Bestie
Jan 9, 2018
LOL. Someone now has access to every single
  • NES
  • SNES
  • N64
  • GCN
  • Wii
  • Wii U
  • G&W
  • GB
  • GBC
  • VB
  • GBA
  • DS
  • 3DS
game ever released for the single low low price of 1x Wii U console (~$90US).
3DS too now? Do I need to dust off my Wii Woo?

Quasicat

Aug 8, 2019
I’ve got the GameCube on the vWii side, but haven’t kept up on more recent developments. I should really look and see if they got Nintendont to work completely on the Gamepad (not just screen, but also controls).

Somoza

Neo Member
Jul 21, 2019
Zaragoza, Spain
WiiU seems a great machine (moreso if modded) and cheap these days. I am thinking about getting one now before the price starts to go up. I hope wiiu are as hard to break as the gamecube.

Benjamin_MFF

Jun 22, 2008
Uh, you are really gonna need to look up each title individually.
I wondered if it was a game by game basis. I wonder what kind of differences Super Mario World for the SNES compared to the GBA port.

Chacranajxy

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oct 13, 2008
I wondered if it was a game by game basis. I wonder what kind of differences Super Mario World for the SNES compared to the GBA port.
The only Super Mario Advance game you want is the Super Mario Bros 3 port, because the WiiU version includes the levels that were previously only available on the GBA if you had the e-reader. All the other Mario Advance games are worse than their SNES counterparts, due primarily to graphical differences and the difference in resolution for the GBA.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Benjamin_MFF

Weilthain

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2013
Wii u has great great games. end of a era hardware for Nintendo, beginning of a new software era.

One big criticism was that it was super sluggish on the OS menus and my disc drive no longer reads so I can only play my digital games.

i am fully moved over to switch but I miss 3D world so much. They need to port that. January or February 2020 is my hope.

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015
Funny i recently bought a wii u again.
After rage selling it.

Got the top 20 games.
Besides mario kart 8 and bayonetta 2.
As they really add nothing if you own em on switch.

Still thinking about getting wooly word.
Tropical freeze is ass.
And yooka 2 did it better anyway