• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Virtual Console "Complete" Releases

I recently posted a thread about going with a Wii U or Switch for Zelda: BotW : Here's the Thread for that discussion and primarily due to fiscal reasons, I went with the Wii U. It has been a blast! I have found older titles a joy to dive back into, LoZ: Wind Waker HD and finding games that were previously out of reach, Metriod Prime Trilogy, I'm looking at you.

Seeing the variety and breath of consoles available in the eShop I had a question after seeing the Super Mario Advance titles for sale. Since some of the games are available are released for multiple systems, I was curios if there was a list of versions compared to each other and the differences between them.

Reactions: TLZ
Not much to say here other than Image Fight 1 and 2 are only on the Wii U Virtual Console as well as Necromancer with English Digital Menus....

Quasicat

I’ve got the GameCube on the vWii side, but haven’t kept up on more recent developments. I should really look and see if they got Nintendont to work completely on the Gamepad (not just screen, but also controls).

Somoza

WiiU seems a great machine (moreso if modded) and cheap these days. I am thinking about getting one now before the price starts to go up. I hope wiiu are as hard to break as the gamecube.

Uh, you are really gonna need to look up each title individually.

I wondered if it was a game by game basis. I wonder what kind of differences Super Mario World for the SNES compared to the GBA port.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I wondered if it was a game by game basis. I wonder what kind of differences Super Mario World for the SNES compared to the GBA port.

The only Super Mario Advance game you want is the Super Mario Bros 3 port, because the WiiU version includes the levels that were previously only available on the GBA if you had the e-reader. All the other Mario Advance games are worse than their SNES counterparts, due primarily to graphical differences and the difference in resolution for the GBA.

Weilthain

Banned
Wii u has great great games. end of a era hardware for Nintendo, beginning of a new software era.

One big criticism was that it was super sluggish on the OS menus and my disc drive no longer reads so I can only play my digital games.

i am fully moved over to switch but I miss 3D world so much. They need to port that. January or February 2020 is my hope.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Funny i recently bought a wii u again.
After rage selling it.

Got the top 20 games.
Besides mario kart 8 and bayonetta 2.
As they really add nothing if you own em on switch.

Still thinking about getting wooly word.
Tropical freeze is ass.
And yooka 2 did it better anyway

Top Bottom