• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii will cost less than 25,000 yen / $250

Amir0x

Banned
Magicpaint said:
So basically you're agreeing with Dcharlie. Both systems will have great games.

I was more commenting toward ALL his posts in this thread, not specifically just that point. You know, COCKSTATIONAVERAGETC, and also that Wii is on par or something.

DCharlie

Banned
So... what are you guys arguing about? I can't even follow this.

1. the wii is overpriced if it's anything over 150$
2. are poeple who are dissing the wii top end price of wii, just being cockmasters and ignoring the PS3 price?
3. advancement in gaming is suddenly about graphics alone - faked up ones in the main it would seem are the rallying flag of the feckless proles! hurrah!

PS3 has so many great games it's ridiculous, the Wii third party list looks positively barren by comparrison. Is it worth triple the price or double the price? Fuck no.
what the fuck would i care? the wii suggested line up takes a bit shit in the mouth of both other next gen machines.

But nonetheless, it's triple to price with BRD, infinitely superior graphics AND confirmed superior surround sound, built in HDD with every system, exclusive games like MGS4, FFXIII, etc

oh that's that then - i'm obviously going to enjoy a machine with MGS4 and FFXIII! and the triple price thing becomes trivial just like that!
the only people who give a flying fuck about superiour graphics are those who are going to shell out $XXX for the previleage/hardcore gamers. The vast majority of gamers couldn't give a flying shite about the graphical quality if the game/machine offers something new/interesting at a reasonable price. Nintendo realised this, they nailed it - sony/MS are too busy in wankstick land sitting on a whole 25 inches of wefuckedupadildo.

with Wii, you get your Nintendo games... and then you get Red Steel and Elebits.

oh yes, Nintedno support is so shit. but no worries the PS3 has a whole 2 games worth getting in FFXIII and MGS4. Fuck the fact that Nintendo are going to be releasing 20+ games. I don't give a shite about who is providing what , as long as there are good games.

Which is fine, Wii is about Nintendo. Nintendo games. But nothing has been proven yet. Nintendo has a looooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

like wise - MS and Sony have proved zero as to why their next gen means more than the wii. "Something different" is the future.... "bigger, better, faster, stronger" is absolutely fucked as a concept as far as i'm concerned - so , i guess wii'll see what happens.

Amir0x

Banned
DCharlie said:
what the fuck would i care? the wii suggested line up takes a bit shit in the mouth of both other next gen machines.

That's fine, but it's not really indicative of any given value then! Since if you think that, clarity of thought isn't really on your agenda!

DCharlie said:
oh that's that then - i'm obviously going to enjoy a machine with MGS4 and FFXIII! and the triple price thing becomes trivial just like that!

the only people who give a flying fuck about superiour graphics are those who are going to shell out $XXX for the previleage/hardcore gamers. The vast majority of gamers couldn't give a flying shite about the graphical quality if the game/machine offers something new/interesting at a reasonable price. Nintendo realised this, they nailed it - sony/MS are too busy in wankstick land sitting on a whole 25 inches of wefuckedupadildo.

Hey, the only people who give a shit about graphics are ME, and I'm not a privaleged gamer. I'm quite poor. The atrocious graphics, the shitty sound, the type of terrible value only Nintendo can give you because they hate you, they hate gamers, and they systematically wish the destruction of the industry isn't specific to just Wii. But regardless, it comes down to the games. 360 and PS3 have more games announced, more exclusives, more big titles, infinitely superior graphics, more features, more EVERYTHING - it's simply superior products in every regard, and the cheap price is a MUST because what you're getting with Wii is simply NOT competitive compared to PS3, but especially 360.

DCharlie said:
like wise - MS and Sony have proved zero as to why their next gen means more than the wii. "Something different" is the future.... "bigger, better, faster, stronger" is absolutely fucked as a concept as far as i'm concerned - so , i guess wii'll see what happens.

They've proved it alright - XBL 360 is the first true revolution of next-generation, experiences just become even superior than they ALREADY are with great graphics and sound, and gaming as as spectacular as it ever was with traditional controllers. In fantasyfuckland where the shit is actually providing the sort of content that is competitive, or where braintraininganimalcrossingshitcrapvirtualpets are your favorite titles... or if you just like seeing Mario in 18 titles, comparable value is obvious!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kuroyume said:
Sure does... Better than sticking Mario in all your games.
*counts all the games coming out on Wii with Mario in it*

Wow I can do it with one hand, maybe you're right after all. Is this a Nintendo product? Where's Mario Party?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
jj984jj said:

Wow I can do it with one hand, maybe you're right after all. Is this a Nintendo product? Where's Mario Party?
With the Wii mote, it better be coming. It might be fun again.

Amir0x

Banned
jj984jj said:

All will soon be announced in the corporate daily - Mario Tennis Wiimote, Mario Golf Wiimote, Mario Party Deluxe Wiimoting Fun, Mario Kart WiiWii!

I, for one, can't wait. Half these games are tailor made for this shit!

Amir0x

Banned
SnakeXs said:
Only if Nintendo takes it back and stops whoring it out to Hudson.

I doubt it, for some reason every version continues to sell extremely well. So I guess some subsection of gamers is buying them.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Amir0x said:
The atrocious graphics, the shitty sound, the type of terrible value only Nintendo can give you because they hate you, they hate gamers, and they systematically wish the destruction of the industry
Wow. You obviously forgot to take your pill today.

360 and PS3 have more games announced, more exclusives, more big titles, infinitely superior graphics, more features, more EVERYTHING - it's simply superior products in every regard, and the cheap price is a MUST because what you're getting with Wii is simply NOT competitive compared to 360 and PS3.
Or you can see the Wiimote as the most amazing product that will be released this year. Many gamers do.

Your graphic rant is pure comedy: after several months now, you still haven't understood the Wii. Nintendo's philosophy. Their positioning. The value they bring to this industry, to customers. You hate it. Yet you keep saying you'll get a Wii this fall. That it will be fun. Wow. Schizophrenia, live on GAF.

Amir0x said:
I doubt it, for some reason every version continues to sell extremely well. So I guess some subsection of gamers is buying them.

You realise the games ARE fun right? I play with 3 other gamers on MP5 like every weekend. Course they didn't buy a new one every year... but we're thinking of upgrading to 7 now. :p

Amir0x

Banned
marc^o^ said:
Wow. You obviously forgot to take your pill today.

Hey, I'm not the one taking it raw and then 'accepting' it because of Wiimote. They could do both, they didn't.

I've long since accepted it, but these are all benefits PS3 and 360 very significantly have over Wii. There's absolutely no competition.

marc^o^ said:
Or you can see the Wiimote as the most amazing product that will be released this year. Many gamers do.

Hey, without the games the Wii is merely a novelty; without the proofs of concept it's just a new way to control the same games we're used to.

Fine, and it will be fun, but it's not going to compare to systems that just have way, way better software support at the moment. Ya know, 'cause of games.

marc^o^ said:
Your graphic rant is pure comedy: after several months now, you still haven't understood the Wii. Nintendo's philosophy. Their positioning. The value they bring to this industry, to customers. You hate it. Yet you keep saying you'll get a Wii this fall. That it will be fun. Wow. Schizophrenia, live on GAF.

I understand it perfectly; unfortunately it's no less shitty and utterly ridiculous. The whole surround sound debacle highlights it perfectly.

Amir0x

Banned
Dragona said:
You realise the games ARE fun right? I play with 3 other gamers on MP5 like every weekend. Course they didn't buy a new one every year... but we're thinking of upgrading to 7 now. :p

They're one of the few games my Mom and sister plays with me (read: they force me to rent it for them), so I'm well aware of the "fun" they bring. Which is to say, I don't enjoy them much at all. They're often really unbalanced, have stupid pointless items, boring boards, half the mini-games usually are outright offensively shitty, and also the worst offender... having to sit through terribly unfunny animations/comments from bowser/donkeykong/etc. It really kills the flow.

Amir0x said:
They're one of the few games my Mom and sister plays with me (read: they force me to rent it for them), so I'm well aware of the "fun" they bring. Which is to say, I don't enjoy them much at all. They're often really unbalanced, have stupid pointless items, boring boards, half the mini-games usually are outright offensively shitty, and also the worst offender... having to sit through terribly unfunny animations/comments from bowser/donkeykong/etc. It really kills the flow.

Dude. They're fun. We don't play Smash Bros. It's always about the Mario Party. The scary part: we're all hardcore gamers. SHOCK HORROR. Even scarier: we do not play them as a drinking game.

MORE SHOCK. MORE HORROR.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Ami, what you're missing is that Nintendo NOT doing both is a large part of Wii's Revolution.

I've said it before, but do you think weird ideas would have a chance on a PS3-powered Wii? Honestly. Companies aren't going to bank big budgets on "test" games and proof of concepts. And, ESPECIALLY during the first 2--4 years, users will DEMAND high end, big budget titles. PS2-looking games on PS3 won't sell, period.

Do you really think if DS had PSP's power it would be where it is? I really don't.

Amir0x

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
Dude. They're fun. We don't play Smash Bros. It's always about the Mario Party. The scary part: we're all hardcore gamers. SHOCK HORROR.

I didn't say it wasn't fun for a lot of people. I just said, it's not fun to me (and I guess reviewers are pretty tired of them too). For the reasons I listed!

Amir0x

Banned
SnakeXs said:
I've said it before, but do you think weird ideas would have a chance on a PS3-powered Wii? Honestly. Companies aren't going to bank big budgets on "test" games and proof of concepts. And, ESPECIALLY during the first 2--4 years, users will DEMAND high end, big budget titles. PS2-looking games on PS3 won't sell, period.

Do you really think if DS had PSP's power it would be where it is? I really don't.

Yes, I think they would have a great chance of doing it on a PS3-powered Wii. What people don't realize is that you don't have to spend 50,000,000,000 dollars to make a PS3 game. After the initial upfront on the devkit or whatever, you could still make Disgaea-low-resolution-sprite crap.

If Nintendo, 360 and PS3 all did it... the low budget games will flourish somewhere, and likely it would have been on Wii anyway.

Anyway, I'm not asking for a PS3 powered Wii anyway. I would have liked at LEAST an efficient form of Gamecube's architecture pumped up to next-gen standards, with HD and true 5.1 surround sound support. They could have done this and offered it at a decent price still, unless the controller is really more expensive than any of us have fathomed.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the true gauge of a console's value is, of course, the pleasure it brings you...but nintendo's recent consoles have done pretty badly on that front too! when i buy a console, i want more than a dozen interesting games. and i want some of those games to not have mario in them. $99 or bust on wii -- if n64 and gamecube haven't taught me a lesson, i don't know what will.

Amir0x said:
I didn't say it wasn't fun for a lot of people. I just said, it's not fun to me (and I guess reviewers are pretty tired of them too). For the reasons I listed!

You sure do complain about them alot. :p

Kuroyume

Banned
Why do Nintendo fans think Sony and XBOX fans don't have fun when playing games?

What's with people thinking the Wii shouldn't be cheaper? :lol You want to pay more?

Does that make sense to any sane person?

SnakeXs

Amir0x said:
Yes, I think they would have a great chance of doing it on a PS3-powered Wii. What people don't realize is that you don't have to spend 50,000,000,000 dollars to make a PS3 game. After the initial upfront on the devkit or whatever, you could still make Disgaea-low-resolution-sprite crap.

If Nintendo, 360 and PS3 all did it... the low budget games will flourish somewhere, and likely it would have been on Wii anyway.

See that's where I disagree.

Low end budget titles don't sell early on. Period. If you spent 600 bucks on a machine, you're not gonna buy low-res sprites. It's that simple. Why would you? Add in a flux capacitor and the thing would send you back to 85. You paid for a high end machines, you'll demand high end games.

Amir0x

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
You sure do complain about them alot. :p

man I haven't talked about my dislike of Mario Party in a LONG time! It's hardly even on my hate radar anymore, there are worst things to hate!

Anyway, I can see how the concept would be fun but I just think the game is in need of a serious overhaul. At the moment, a lot of things are holding it back for me personally.

Snakexs said:
See that's where I disagree.

Low end budget titles don't sell early on. Period. If you spent 600 bucks on a machine, you're not gonna buy low-res sprites. It's that simple. Why would you? Add in a flux capacitor and the thing would send you back to 85. You paid for a high end machines, you'll demand high end games.

Shit, no. Nobody would do that on a 600 dollar machine. Good thing you don't have to charge 600 dollars to get a system with these graphics!

drohne

incidentally, there's nothing to justify this idea that wii IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAMING PARADIGM THAT CAN'T BE MEANINGFULLY COMPARED TO 360 OR PS3. every last one of its games is in an established genre -- you see a few "light entertainment" titles like wii sports or wii orchestra, but you see games like that on playstation as well. the controller isn't doing anything radically new either...aside from drawing lots of attention to itself. it takes more than crap graphics and a funny controller to COMPLETELY DEFY ALL PREVIOUS METRICS OF CONSOLE VALUE -- it takes new ideas. which nintendo haven't shown as yet.

Mrbob

Wow, I guess DCharlie finally shows his true colors as a raving Nintendo fanatic. Only a Nintendo fanatic could suggest the current Revolution software lineup is better than the current 360 software lineup, and that Xbox 360 Live has not brought gaming to a new level.

SnakeXs

Mrbob said:
Wow, I guess DCharlie finally shows his true colors as a raving Nintendo fanatic. Only a Nintendo fanatic could suggest the current Revolution software lineup is better than the current 360 software lineup, and that Xbox 360 Live has not brought gaming to a new level.

Really?

*loves his 360*

*loves the upcoming 360 line up*

*is more excited about Wii*

Yeah, you're right, I can't say it.. Damnit... :)

SuperPac

drohne said:
the true gauge of a console's value is, of course, the pleasure it brings you...but nintendo's recent consoles have done pretty badly on that front too! when i buy a console, i want more than a dozen interesting games. and i want some of those games to not have mario in them. $99 or bust on wii -- if n64 and gamecube haven't taught me a lesson, i don't know what will.

Oh please, there are way more than a dozen interesting games on GameCube (and at least that many without Mario in them).

[Nintex]

Mrbob said:
Zelda TP will most likely beat OOT. OOT is still the best game ever according to many people on this board. With the best game , yes Wii has the best line-up.

KINGMOKU

Mrbob said:
Zelda TP is better then anything the 360 may ever see in its lifespan, so yeah, he is correct.

Amir0x

Banned
[Nintex] said:
Zelda TP will most likely beat OOT. OOT is still the best game ever according to many people on this board. With the best game , yes Wii has the best line-up.

But that's a Gamecube game, liarface!

SuperPac said:
Oh please, there are way more than a dozen interesting games on GameCube (and at least that many without Mario in them).

I might have liked PS2 much more than GC, but this is true. I owned over 30 GC games, which is enough for me.

Amir0x said:
*plays Zelda: TP with traditional controls like the game was designed around*
~YOU ARE WINNER!~

The game hasn't been designed around those controls in almost a year now. If you want to fool yourself otherwise, that's your perogative but...

But I'm not going to touch the argument that Zelda > everything on 360 with a 2934729847923874928347 metre pole.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Well, they are different industries. Generally, game hardware is sold at cost or at a loss and the money is made up in software. The price isn't usually inflated because it could be prohibitively expensive otherwise (omg ps3). The same is generally true with TVs (which are probably more on the cutting edge as well) and cell phones. But I have had the same cell phone for like nine hundred years. :D

Wha? So what if they are different industries?...

The Wii is not prohibitively expensive at under $250, it's just you've chosen to concentrate all your focus on the hardware as being your arguement for pricing...the hardware may or may not be all that cutting edge...but if you actually see the size of the Wii you'll understand maybe...just maybe...Nintendo spent their money on miniaturization + Wii-mote technology...

In the Wii-mote you have motion-sensing...speaker and rumble currently? Correct? Well if the VoIP comes to be true and the memory in the Wii-mote comes to be true too then...maybe you'll realize that that's a whole loads of shít to have in a small small controller like that...which brings me smack right back to what I was saying about the console investment Nintendo have made...

Miniaturization...

It costs money...:) You may not believe it was worth the investment...but hey...not everyone can be happy...

SnakeXs

Amir0x said:
*plays Zelda: TP with traditional controls like the game was designed around*
~YOU ARE WINNER!~

*possibly does the same*

*plays in widescreen, the way the game was meant to be experienced*

:)

Amir0x

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
Game hasn't been designed around those controls in almost a year now. If you want to fool yourself otherwise, that's your perogative but...

There's nothing fooling; it's a Gamecube game. The dungeons were designed around traditional controls, from day one the game was designed around that controller. Just because they've spent a year overlaying Wii controls into this doesn't really mean much for me personally.

Now if they suddenly announce some Wii specific dungeons, then neat!

The first true Zelda game for Wii will be one where every aspect was built with the system in mind. And I guarantee you, it'll be infinitely better due to it.

drohne

SuperPac said:

way more than a dozen? nobody likes a list war, but i can't agree. maybe if you include multiplatform games you'd rather play on xbox.

Top Bottom