• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wiimakes galore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miyamoto:
The hardware is basically a GC. We’ve upgraded our development tools to new versions but, you can still use GC programs as they are. With that in mind, I thought we could remake GC titles for the Wii and modify them to work with the Wii remote so that they’re more fun to play.

- By making GC titles work with the Wii remote, they’re going to be reborn.

Miyamoto:
Yes. However, you can still find some GC titles at second hand shops being sold so I don’t think we’ll be able to sell them at full price but because the development funds itself have been taken care of, we should be able to sell them at a moderate price. If we can release these GC remakes for the Wii quickly then we’ll be able to release more games from the third parties.

Full interview.

relyt9

Pretty cool, I wouldn't mind picking up RE4 for the Wii if it was at a reasonable price. But that's the key words, reasonable price. I don't feel like paying 30 dollars for RE4 for a controller upgrade that may (or not) make the game better. I say 10-20 dollars MAX. IMO.

temp

posting on contract only
Isn't this where "wiimake" came from? e.g. this is old? If so:

OOOOOOOOOOOLD. IS SO ORD. ME NO RIKEY ORD

datruth29

dino3uh.jpg

Marbles

Miyamoto:
With the Wii, there is a wide variety of software lined up for people of all interests. So in that sense, you have many things you can enjoy with this console.

- Maybe the "brain training" titles that’s appearing on the DS too?

Miyamoto:
Yes. And tennis. I think that’s more or less the kind of software you would go for but, about a year later or so something much more surprising may appear.

- You mean the software that you wouldn’t tell us about earlier?

Miyamoto:
It’s something we must do to reach the top. It’s our job after all.

Future megaton FTWii??

I'm kinda surprised Nintendo hasn't announced a ton of GCN games remade into Wii games. For instance

Mario Sunshine-Aim with the wiimote, fix the blue coin mess, add in a few more levels
Pikmin I&II-Bundle together and release since many people missed out on them
Zelda WW-Give it a TP control scheme (even though I hate it), and give us the 2 missing dungeons. Also give us more land
Baten Kaitos I&II-The first one undersold and we know the second one will too
Resident Evil 4-PS2 extras and were good to go with the wiimote.

Sell them all for 29.99 or less. It would round out the release schedule quite nicely:D

But Nintendo's probably thinking about using some of those games to launch with the DS2.

pswii60

Marbles said:
Future megaton FTWii??

yeah, they've just got to think of an idea first :)

To be fair, they did well with brain-training. Not that it was revolutionary, software like that has been around for years, but certainly not in a Nintendo-style easily-accessible format.

I think fitness non-games are an obvious direction for the Wii - if they don't go in that direction at some point I'll be shocked. It wouldn't surprise me if that is what he is referring to.

Soul4ger

perryfarrell said:
That's awful, nobody's gonna pay for that. How about some new games Nintendo?

I'm pretty sure there are a few of those coming as well. Not positive it's been confirmed or not, though.

Christopher

haha oh god not even a waiting a generation to make consumers buy their stuff ...AGAIN. No thanks Nintendo, not this time. The GBA was the last time I think I'm going to rebuy for awhile.

jarrod

Banned
Lapsed said:
Pikmin 1&2 (on one disc) wii-make please! :D
That's the first thing I thought of too.

Luigi's Mansion, Doshin, Chibi Robo, Odama, Kururin Squash and some other stuff would make sense too, though in their cases I think I'd rather see sequels built up more around the platform. Pikmin 1+2 with waggle would be a great package as is though.

There's some 3rd party stuff that'd be nice too though... a Katamari double pack from Namco maybe, and some Amusement Vision (Panzer Orta, F-Zero GX, Yakuza) and Clover (Ookami, God Hand) ports notably.

birdchili

XxXGollumXxX said:
I'm kinda surprised Nintendo hasn't announced a ton of GCN games remade into Wii games.

already too many ports/remakes showing up on the system, without any really killer-app stuff yet. announcing a bunch of gc ports (with Zelda already in dubious territory) is just going to cement a too-retro flavor to the console.

this isn't to say it's a bad idea in general... they just need to wait a while (i'm actually surprised they're already talking about this... though given the sketchy third-party support, Nintendo may be relying on some of this stuff to make it through a rather lean first year.)

I know many people don't like the idea because they're ports, but it is a way to get a lot of titles to the system early on in a short amount of time. There aren't a whole lot of titles on any system for the first year or so, and ports could be done by TOSE:lol Plus many people didn't own GCN but will hopefully own the Wii. They could use backwards compatibility, but the casual game probably won't buy GCN titles whereas they would buy it if it came in a wii game case.

Plus I wouldn't mind companies like square putting their ps2 games on the wii the first year to round the line up off. It should compliment new and bigger software though. So if Nintendo would go port crazy but use the team creating super smash brothers brawl, that could be a problem. You and me probably wouldn't buy these games, but 1 million people in america bought a remade super mario 64 for the DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom