• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiinUSoft: use WiiU Pro Controller/Wiimote/more on PC w/ SUPPORTED Bluetooth adapters

TheMoon

Is there an easy to read list of games compatible with controllers (and also which ones require use of analog triggers)? I'm looking to grab GTAV soon on PC but I've always been awful with KBM, so I'm hoping I can just use a controller I already own, like the Wii U Pro, or if necessary find the wireless dongle that connects 360 to PC.

Just go on steam and look at the games you care about and see if they have controller support. It's fairly straightforward. Oh and pretty much any game released in the last 5+ years that is also on console has controller support. Exceptions are rare.

The Hermit

I am bumping this thread, because I am (trying) to use this with some success. I do have a question: can I use both a WiiU pro and a X360 controller at the same time?

I wanted to play SFIV with some friends of mine but so far no success on that.

BTW, please dont recomend me the mayflash, because I live in Brasil and I have to deal with the import time, taxes and the currency exchange that its quite bad here.

Miker

I am bumping this thread, because I am (trying) to use this with some success. I do have a question: can I use both a WiiU pro and a X360 controller at the same time?

I wanted to play SFIV with some friends of mine but so far no success on that.

BTW, please dont recomend me the mayflash, because I live in Brasil and I have to deal with the import time, taxes and the currency exchange that its quite bad here.

Yeah, you can. Hook up the 360 controller first, then use the program to connect the Pro Controller as player 2. I've had 4 controllers hooked up at once - 360, PS3, PS4, and Wii U Pro Controller.

Amalthea

Banned
I'd love to use the Pro controller on my phone but it always asks for my controller PIN and I have no idea where to look for that.

The Hermit

Yeah, you can. Hook up the 360 controller first, then use the program to connect the Pro Controller as player 2. I've had 4 controllers hooked up at once - 360, PS3, PS4, and Wii U Pro Controller.

Ok, I´ll do that!

whoa all console controllers in one system... <3 PC gaming

A patch has been released so that this works without requiring the Toshiba Bluetooth stack on Windows 8 and 10. (Haven't personally tested it since I'm still on 7.)

http://www.wiinupro.com/news/solongtoshiba

Oh goodness that's great. I've had such a headache trying to keep this thing working on my computer. After plugging up my DS4 and it worked perfectly, I thought I would never go back to the pro, but it's just such a good controller.

HIUHAU

Has anyone been able to play Dark Souls with it yet? I've just downloaded the software as it now doesn't require Toshiba Stack and it worked well with Stardew Valley and Rocket League so far, but in Dark Souls it just isn't recognized despite what I do.

Rich!

Has anyone been able to play Dark Souls with it yet? I've just downloaded the software as it now doesn't require Toshiba Stack and it worked well with Stardew Valley and Rocket League so far, but in Dark Souls it just isn't recognized despite what I do.

thats because it's detecting two controllers. dark souls flat out refuses to work if it detects more than one controller input

you gotta disable everything apart from the xinput controller.

Anyone knows what to do when the controller always goes into sleep mode after a couple of minutes and needs to be reactivated/reconfigured completely?

The Hermit

Anyone knows what to do when the controller always goes into sleep mode after a couple of minutes and needs to be reactivated/reconfigured completely?

I had something similar and I fixed using it with the WiiU for a while before reconnecting to the PC.

Playing SFV with it btw, its pure bliss

I wish there was a nicely set up package like this for the Gamecube controller. The existing drivers work fine, but the buttons are mapped really strangely, making it unworkable for a lot of games.

Mesoian

Can I use this program to switch the facebutton layout to what a normal 360 layout would be?

Because that is murdering me right now.

The Boat

My left analog on the pro controller has become unresponsive in the up direction. Any tutorials on how to fix?
You can try resetting the controller, I think it's L R + and - at the same time but google it.

Other than that, if you have a can of compressed air, try pumping a lot of air inside where the left stick goes in. This fixed my gamepad left stick.
If that fails you'll have to look up how to open the controller and either clean from the inside or replace the stick which should be relatively simple.
Edit.: or does this happn only on the PC?

Iced

Mayflash doesn't support multiple controllers on xinput.

I see. What if I'm just one dude?

The reason I ask is I have a bluetooth adapter, and I also have the Mayflash Wii U pro adapter. Just wondering if anyone knows if one is more laggy than the other before I bother installing software.

me0wish

I see. What if I'm just one dude?

The reason I ask is I have a bluetooth adapter, and I also have the Mayflash Wii U pro adapter. Just wondering if anyone knows if one is more laggy than the other before I bother installing software.

Convenience I guess?
Mayflash only needs to be synced once, bluetooth needs to be synced every time you turn off the controller.
Both work flawless for me, never noticed any sort of lag, might also depend on your bluetooth.

Iced

Convenience I guess?
Mayflash only needs to be synced once, bluetooth needs to be synced every time you turn off the controller.
Both work flawless for me, never noticed any sort of lag, might also depend on your bluetooth.

Yowza. Guess I'll stick with the Mayflash adapter for now! Thanks for your input.

HIUHAU

thats because it's detecting two controllers. dark souls flat out refuses to work if it detects more than one controller input

you gotta disable everything apart from the xinput controller.

Hmm, sorry about the noob question, but how exactly do you do that? I remember reading something similar somewhere on the web but can't find it anymore. I tried disabling HID Game Controller (there were 2 of them) in the Device Manager one at a time and even both at same time but none of the approaches worked.

-MB-

So I recently installed this software so I can use my WiiU Pro pad on PC games, but I have the little problem of it being desynched after every windows reboot.
Now I have to remove the old entry in Bluetooth settings and remove the odl entry and resync every time, which is obviously an annoyance.

Any way to fix this? ( This is on Windows 10 using the latest patch, so no Toshiba stack.)

Time to bump an old thread. So, yesterday Dark Souls 3 came out and there is this problem with 360 wired controller that it won't work unless you disable HID Controller in Device Menager. Then it works.

Unfortunately, it's trickier with Pro Controller. It also doesn't work but when I disable HID Controller in Device Manager, Pro Controller isn't even recognized by WiinUPro.

Any ideas how to get it to work? WiinU treats Pro as a 360 pad so I thought it would work.

MLH

Jeba&#263;Bied&#281;;200763708 said:
Time to bump an old thread. So, yesterday Dark Souls 3 came out and there is this problem with 360 wired controller that it won't work unless you disable HID Controller in Device Menager. Then it works.

Unfortunately, it's trickier with Pro Controller. It also doesn't work but when I disable HID Controller in Device Manager, Pro Controller isn't even recognized by WiinUPro.

Any ideas how to get it to work? WiinU treats Pro as a 360 pad so I thought it would work.

Yep I've had that same problem with all three Dark Souls games, for some reason they always pick the HID-complaint game controller as default.
Anyway, here is how I get past it, unfortunately it requires a wired 360 game controller:

- Make sure all other controllers are unplugged and disconnected
(Control Panel->Hardware&Sound->Devices&Printers then remove any game controller)

- Plug the 360 wired controller into your computer & start up Dark Souls
(The game should control perfectly fine with the 360 controller)

- Alt Tab out of dark souls and connect your WiiUPro controller via Bluetooth, but do not connect it in WiinUSoft yet.

- Unplug the wired 360 controller, and then use WiinUSoft to connect your WiiUPro controller as Controller 1

- Alt Tab back into Dark Souls and enjoy!

Why do I go through all this trouble do you ask? Well my 360 controller doesn't work so well anymore, the analogue sticks are too loose. Plus I like the digital trigger for dark souls.

valouris

I guess this is the best thread for my question. My 360 pad for Windows battery died, and I now use the Wii U Pro controller to play Dark Souls 3, with a mayflash adapter. However, this adapter automatically maps the buttons to their corresponding name, i.e. pressing A, does whatever pressing A indicates in the game. Which is cool I guess if you are a new player to everything, but I have Dark Souls button layout ingrained in my mind with the traditional layout, i.e. A being the bottom button (not the right one) etc. I remember noticing that this happens in every game, not only in Dark Souls. Is there a way to universally (or even game-by-game) change the layout to act as though it is a 360 controller?

Miker

I guess this is the best thread for my question. My 360 pad for Windows battery died, and I now use the Wii U Pro controller to play Dark Souls 3, with a mayflash adapter. However, this adapter automatically maps the buttons to their corresponding name, i.e. pressing A, does whatever pressing A indicates in the game. Which is cool I guess if you are a new player to everything, but I have Dark Souls button layout ingrained in my mind with the traditional layout, i.e. A being the bottom button (not the right one) etc. I remember noticing that this happens in every game, not only in Dark Souls. Is there a way to universally (or even game-by-game) change the layout to act as though it is a 360 controller?

I thought the Mayflash adapter had a firmware update to allow 360-style button mapping.

ChrisG683

I've been playing Dark Souls III since release with my Wii U Pro Controller + WiinUSoft, but suddenly today my PC is no longer able to pair with my controller.

It used to show up as a Nintendo.... etc device, but now it just shows up as a Game Controller in discovery.

I have been using the Microsoft stack hotfix, but I even tried switching over the Toshiba stack and it still refuses to connect the controller... anyone else run into this problem?

---Edit

On further inspection, it seems like my PC's bluetooth has just stopped being able to pair devices altogether... strange..

MLH

since I upgraded to windows 10, I can't connect the WiiU pro, even with the Toshiba Stack...

going from Win8 to 10 also screwed up my Toshiba Bluetooth driver so I had to reinstall it.
I also needed to disable driver signature enforcement on bootup before re-installing the Bluetooth driver
Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Advanced Startup -> restart now
then when it's rebooted: pick troubleshoot -> advance options -> startup settings -> disable driver signature enforcement.

Psxphile

Hm, old thread. I use Mayflash so this doesn't really appeal to me but one comment caught my eye as I was perusing the thread:

Wait, a non-antisemetic software solution for Windows? About damned time!

IMed my friend a few minutes ago; seems to work!

What was this about?

Jeba&#263;Bied&#281;;200763708 said:

There's a guide on the steam forums for DS3 specifically, although it would likely apply to any other game with the same issue (previous DS games, FFVII, etc.)

A couple of things that maybe should have been mentioned in their post:
-You have to attach the Wii U controller as an xinput device first so that the emulated device will appear in the device manager before you disable the real device.
-It may be obvious if you're comfortable using the device manager, but for any novices out there trying this you can determine which one is the emulated device by right clicking on the HID game controller in the device manager, going to properties, General tab, and looking under location. The real device will be connected by bluetooth, the emulated device by USB.

It used to show up as a Nintendo.... etc device, but now it just shows up as a Game Controller in discovery.

I have been using the Microsoft stack hotfix, but I even tried switching over the Toshiba stack and it still refuses to connect the controller... anyone else run into this problem?

It will occasionally show up in the discovery as Game Controller for me as well, but when it actually syncs up it will switch over to the proper device name.

A couple of other things I've noticed:

-If at any point when disabling or re-enabling the HID device it suggests that it requires a reboot for changes to take effect, it didn't seem to work until I actually rebooted and tried again despite everything appearing to be fine in the device manager.
-I seem to recall being able to go through the connection wizard without issue initially, but now once I leave the PIN field blank and hit next it will stall there until I hit cancel. Once the window closes it syncs right away. This is in Windows 10. Maybe it was always like this and I'm remembering things incorrectly, but in any case, it connects pretty quickly.

sfried

Sorry for the necro.

Assuming you've updated your Mayflash Adapter to the latest firmware, layout switching is done by pressing and holding "Start" and "B" buttons for 3 seconds. To revert, press and hold "Start" and "A" buttons for 3 seconds.

Just think of it as oressing and holding Start with the button you want to use for "Accept" in most games. XInput muscle memory too ingrained? Press and hold Start and B untill you notice you are exiting menus with the A button.

Speaking of which, does using the latest WiinUSoft over the Mayflash Wii U Pro controller adapter reduce lag?

TheMoon

You have to remove the device when you're done and re-sync when you want to use it again.

I went through the same steps as I did last night. Starting my bluetooth software, starting wiinusoft, syncing (bluetooth software recognizes it again but it doesn't show up in wiinusoft anymore when I refresh). I even reinstalled the whole wiinusoft package. The controller is connecting to my bluetooth device but it won't show up in wiinusoft anymore.

It's frustrating because it went so smoothly without any problems last night.

edit: reinstalled the toshiba stack (which I didn't use last night at all, it worked flawlessly with my other bluetooth software that came with my dongle) and it works again (for now).

Top Bottom