• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiinUSoft: use WiiU Pro Controller/Wiimote/more on PC w/ SUPPORTED Bluetooth adapters

edit: reinstalled the toshiba stack (which I didn't use last night at all, it worked flawlessly with my other bluetooth software that came with my dongle) and it works again (for now).
Were you using the MS stack without the hotfix or on a version of Windows earlier than 8? In the FAQ on the site they mention that the MS stack will drop connections, so it may have been disconnecting after syncing which is something I've experienced with the DS4 when being uncooperative. The hotfix seems to be for Win 8/10 only as mentioned on the site and in the readme (and confirmed when I tried to get my pro controller working on my Win 7 HTPC earlier tonight without resorting to using the Toshiba stack lol)

TheMoon

Were you using the MS stack without the hotfix or on a version of Windows earlier than 8? In the FAQ on the site they mention that the MS stack will drop connections, so it may have been disconnecting after syncing which is something I've experienced with the DS4 when being uncooperative. The hotfix seems to be for Win 8/10 only as mentioned on the site and in the readme (and confirmed when I tried to get my pro controller working on my Win 7 HTPC earlier tonight without resorting to using the Toshiba stack lol)

Win7 64bit. Don't even know what the MS stack would be^^

I just used the bluetooth tool that came with my dongle that I've been using for my old cellphone before. And that worked flawlessly last night and not today. Ironically, the Toshiba stack didn't work when I tried it with the WiinUPro beta over a year ago. Today it does. :D

Coin flips all around^^

Win7 64bit. Don't even know what the MS stack would be^^
It would have appeared in the device manager like this
MwVRUfD.png

Can't get this to work at all with the hotfix on Windows 10. I connect the controller to Windows with my dongle, the same dongle I use to connect my TR Wii Remote in Dolphin without issue. I open WiinUSoft, I ID my controller, I attach it as an Xinput Device as controller 1, and it doesn't work. I really wanted to play AM2R with this controller. :(

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
Can't get this to work at all with the hotfix on Windows 10. I connect the controller to Windows with my dongle, the same dongle I use to connect my TR Wii Remote in Dolphin without issue. I open WiinUSoft, I ID my controller, I attach it as an Xinput Device as controller 1, and it doesn't work. I really wanted to play AM2R with this controller. :(

It's probably related to all the other controller problems in anivessary update for windows 10. If I remember correctly then WiinUSoft uses "exlusive mode" for the controller so you probably need to do the same workaround as is needed for ds4 controllers. Disable and reenable the controller in device manager before starting WiinUSoft.

Doopliss

Did you install the SCP driver?

Doopliss

it's part of the WiinUSoft Installer. you'd have to deselect it during the process.
If you get the non-installer version of WiinUSoft you need to install the SCP driver manually, but it's included in the zip. From the readme:

The SCP Service Driver must be installed. Use /SCP_Driver/ScpDriver.exe to install it.
You only need the "Configure Service" installed, you do not need to install its Bluetooth Driver.

If you get the non-installer version of WiinUSoft you need to install the SCP driver manually, but it's included in the zip. From the readme:
Yeah I got the non-installer version, guess I missed it in the readme. Thanks guys, I'll have another crack at it tonight.

schopaia

Looking for a controller to use on PC.. Is it fair to say that all these years later the only controller that works with no hassle or configuration / re-syncing / driver installation etc. is the wired 360 pad?

I have a wii u and I'd like to go the Pro controller route but I don't want to deal with it not working in even ONE game (going by all the posts about Dark Souls issues it seems I have to rule it out.)

Looking for a controller to use on PC.. Is it fair to say that all these years later the only controller that works with no hassle or configuration / re-syncing / driver installation etc. is the wired 360 pad?

I have a wii u and I'd like to go the Pro controller route but I don't want to deal with it not working in even ONE game (going by all the posts about Dark Souls issues it seems I have to rule it out.)
If your goal is 100% compatibility with all Xinput titles, then I believe you're correct. Even a wired Xbone controller has given me issues before.

I think I messed something up. Everything was working perfectly until tonight. I was unpairing the controller but I yanked my bluetooth done before it was finished. Now I can't pair my controller again because it doesn't show up in Windows. I press the sync button on the controller and it just doesn't show up on the list of found devices anymore. I have no idea what to do now.

Miker

I think I messed something up. Everything was working perfectly until tonight. I was unpairing the controller but I yanked my bluetooth done before it was finished. Now I can't pair my controller again because it doesn't show up in Windows. I press the sync button on the controller and it just doesn't show up on the list of found devices anymore. I have no idea what to do now.

Reset bluetooth settings somehow? Dunno. The problem has to lie with Windows - it's highly unlikely the controller itself is the cause of the broken connection.

Top Bottom