• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

will blizzard announce WoW coming to other devices at blizcon?

McCheese

Hearing rumours that blizzard are going to announce a mobile and console port of World of Warcraft at blizcon.

Same game, but different control scheme and servers.

Can't find a single shred of evidence of it happening on the interwebs, but my source works for a translation agency and is generally pretty reliable.

Anybody heard more?

It's something none of their fans asked for, so it makes sense for modern Blizzard. An online-only Blizzcon seems like the perfect place to announce it too No booing crowd, no guys in red shirts asking inconvenient questions.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Hearing rumours that blizzard are going to announce a mobile and console port of World of Warcraft at blizcon.

Same game, but different control scheme and servers.

Can't find a single shred of evidence of it happening on the interwebs, but my source works for a translation agency and is generally pretty reliable.

Anybody heard more?

Given how pc players are fleeing from the game, and the game has been dumped down so even drooling players are able to press two buttons, then it makes sense they need to try other platforms.

The drooling players wasn't a hint at console players, but a saying of how dumped down the game has become.

Wow is only relevant because its insane casual and those who's been playing since release and have a hard time letting go of their achievements throughout the time spent with the game.

Cyberpunkd

Wow is only relevant because its insane casual and those who's been playing since release and have a hard time letting go of their achievements throughout the time spent with the game.
Wow is anything but casual, you are mistaking difficulty with complexity. It’s true that majority of PvE content up to raiding is trivial but dozens of different systems Blizzard introduced and abandons each expansion make it extremely hard to jump in not only for newcomers but even older players. I stopped playing at the end of Legion and when I saw all the systems that they have going for Shadowlands I said fuck it.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned

The likely correct answer.
But it's worth noting that this rumor has been picking up steam for the last two years. There was a copyright listing submitted for Warcraft - PS4 just before E32019 but vanished a day or two later. I could seem them porting Reforged or something to consoles. It seems like it's all but confirmed that a Diablo 2 Remake is going to be announced at Blizzcon, maybe a few ports as well?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Wow is anything but casual, you are mistaking difficulty with complexity. It’s true that majority of PvE content up to raiding is trivial but dozens of different systems Blizzard introduced and abandons each expansion make it extremely hard to jump in not only for newcomers but even older players. I stopped playing at the end of Legion and when I saw all the systems that they have going for Shadowlands I said fuck it.

What is it exactly you find difficult? BFA was a reskinned Legion and Shadowlands isn't much different.

ManaByte

Gold Member
This is in Shadowlands:
1594639523889.jpg

Blizzard claims it was for accessibility, but that's a real DualShock 4.

Hudo

The first thing they should announce at this blizzcon is that they're sorry for WarCraft 3: Reforged and that they've made a plan to re-remake the game from scratch, which will be delivered free of charge for everyone who purchased WarCraft 3: Reforged.

ManaByte

Gold Member
But Doom don't require servers and monthly fee. And that cost a lot of money to maintain
FFXIV is closing in on 10 years and they're porting it to the third console it's been on (launched on PS3, ported to PS4, PS5 port is in a couple of months).

Hell Square ported FFXI to the Xbox 360 simply because Sony removed HDD support from the PS2 Slim just to keep the game going.

As long as people want to play the game they'll make it available to as many people as possible.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
doubt it will come to other platforms but who knows. i hope if they do bring it to consoles that they update the graphics/engine and ditch the subscription or at least make it optional. either make it F2P or still have people buy it but drop the monthly subscription.

JSoup

Banned
As long as people want to play the game they'll make it available to as many people as possible.

Pedantic correction: As long as people are willing to pay for it, and enough that would justify the cost of providing the service, they'll make it available to as many people as possible.

Last edited:

Holammer

Consoles have enough juice/cpu to handle WOW now, but is it dumbed down enough to work on a joypad?
Figured they're slowly turning it into Overwatch with all the changes.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
No. If it does, it will probably be overseas, and it will probably be disconnected from the main game. NetEase basically do whatever the fuck they want in China with WoW, so maybe there they'll do mobile servers and gameplay tuned to those devices. Consoles? No.

TBC Classic is getting announced, alongside another new raid or whatever for SL.

I played it for a bit some years back using ConsolePort and it worked really well with a controller. I'm really surprised that it hasn't made its way to consoles yet to be honest.

Top Bottom