• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Dragons Dogma 2 be GOTY? Why?

Svejk

Already my GOTY. Easy. No diggity doubt. This game existing alone is a pipe dream come true. That's justifying enough. This isn't a Shenmue 3 situation, this is Capcom at the peak of its Renaissance. If anyone cares for high fantasy and arcade action, this will be the GOAT. Period.

Now when it comes to journos and Keighly Specials, they will pick something else, because they won't understand just how dope it really is.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Yes.

Why?
Steve Austin Wrestling GIF by WWE

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Metaphor looks poised to take it this year.
Metaphor is gonna be phenomenal since I enjoyed all Hashino's games including Catherine.....but its a JRPG, that means chances of winning GOTY in western centric award show is low.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Have faith.
I have faith that is gonna be fantastic game and I'm gonna enjoy the crap out of it but there is no way its gonna be GOTY in mainstream award show.....I honestly it doesn't make any difference to me.

WitchHunter

Banned
I never played the first but a lot of people who played it say the first is the greatest game of all time and the second will be GOTY 2024. Why is this?

From an outside perspective it does look pretty good although I am curious about why it is considered "GOAT or GOTY" status. From what i've seen combat looks solid, strikes a fine balance between flashy kinetic anime action game stuff and grounded weighted dark souls style combat and it looks like the AI are competent with the pawn system. Lots of diverse classes, depending on playstyle. Choices in the world seem to matter. Itsuno(DMC lead dev) is working on it which automatically gives it my seal of approval. I will most likely be buying it.
Because there will be only one save. The most revolutionary aspect!

Dick Jones

Gold Member
It won't be. I played the FFVII Rebirth demo and even though it is mechanically good game, the nostalgia will bring it over the line for GOTY.

IAmRei

For me myself DDDA, is one of few my GOAT, and yes this year, for me, DD2 is my GOTY.

But as far as i remember, the GOTY usually the game i dont like.

So, no, i dont think it will be GOTY by some people. I'm pesimistic, although I will be happy if DD2 wins

No. Not a chance. Look, if you liked DD1, great. I'm happy you're finally getting a sequel, but let's not pretend the original set the gaming world on fire. This will be the same situation. Fans will love it, but mainstream audiences won't even know it exists. See also, Armored Core 6.

Last edited:
Top Bottom