• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Hercules bomb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Log4Girlz

3012978-6861267009-Super.jpg

Hey! Hercules did take out Superman.:)

nfnWZdy.jpg

Uh huh

I think Hercules is just as compelling as Conan the Barbarian. It's just that Conan character was lucky to become immortalized and become an icon with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

hercules in new york doesn't count

Log4Girlz

I think Hercules is just as compelling as Conan the Barbarian. It's just that Conan character was lucky to become immortalized and become an icon with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

hercules in new york doesn't count

There was only so much Arnold could do.

FairyD

Fuck it, I'll say it will be a sleeper hit. Poor in the North American Box office, but good legs over seas. DVD/blu ray sales will also be good.

If its a hit then the action star is back.

EBE

what does hercules do anyway? i was trying to think but i kept drawing blanks. at first i thought he destroyed that one temple with his strength, but no, thats Samson, and thats not even a greek myth. and then i thought he fought the medusa/gorgon/whatever. but no, thats perseus. was he an argonaut or am i imagining things?

what does hercules do anyway? i was trying to think but i kept drawing blanks. at first i thought he destroyed that one temple with his strength, but no, thats Samson, and thats not even a greek myth. and then i thought he fought the medusa/gorgon/whatever. but no, thats perseus. was he an argonaut or am i imagining things?

Jason was an argonaut. Hercules was a son of Zeus who overcame various challenges such as fighting a hydra, and stealing the Queen of the Amazon's panties.

Wag

Hercules is famous for his labours.

megamerican

Judging by how the Renny Harlin Hercules, and even Pompeii performed, I would say there is not much enthusiasm for this type of stuff.

It doesn't have a ton of competition, and last week's stuff was pretty soft, so it has a shot. I doubt it will be very impressive though.

Decado

There's no OT for it, there's no topic for it that I can find. I'm wondering just how much interest there is in it? It looks like a shitty movie in general anyways.

Not really interested in a PG-13 fantasy action flick, myself. There are a lot of these types of films this year. All look to have suitably shit action. I'm sure this will be no different.

DiscoJer

No.

While The Rock isn't Will Smith, I do think people will go to see a movie just because he's in something as long as it's not awful.

Hmm this is a tough one only because of the budget. 110mil is pretty big for a movie with almost no marketing. There's no way in hell it makes 100mil in US. I'm expecting a bomb 30-40mil tops. Any more i'll be stunned. I guess WW can save it but it will probably break even at best.

But i wouldn't blame the Rock. It's been a slow summer and the mythology cgi fest already had it's run.

The Rock is a charming guy, but they're aren't really stars that can "trick" people into seeing shitty movies anymore. You can make an average, dull movie that caters the lowest denominator and people might turn out. But if you're movie is complete crap, doesn't matter who are, people won't come out. You might be able to get their money on a bad sequel but first time effort, nah.

I feel the same way

People are not necessarily smarter these days, but are way more selective due to factors like higher ticket prices and ease of availability of movies that the masses no longer flock to see big names without something else that looks interesting to go along with them. Not even Tom Cruise could draw people out to see Edge of Tomorrow which had better marketing and ideas more interesting to sell.

The trailers for Hercules look awful, I have no plans on going to see it, and probably won't even bother wasting my time on it down the road when I see it on TV while flipping the channels when it hits cable. That's how much interest I have, and I'm probably close to the target demographic.

I like the Rock, but as big of a star that some people see him as, imo he does not have a standout movie to his name that was the leading role that gives him the enough star to draw big numbers off his name alone. Hopefully Dwayne Johnson finds the right project sooner or later or just keeps enjoying his solid pay days.

But what happens if we access 100% while watching these movies?

Seizures... Maybe they have some strobe light scenes?

What is this? Different versions of Superman created by different writers all rolled into one comic?

Older Superman is the Kingdom Come version which was the future version of that current Superman who had absorbed a more sunlight over the time while not really doing anything to uhh drain his battery making him A LOT stronger, faster, durable, ect.

Not

Banned
Probs. Who wants to see a Hercules movie right now? Everyone's burnt out on greek mythology and the Rock is attributed more star power than he actually has.

Trojan X

Banned
... Older Superman is the Kingdom Come version which was the future version of that current Superman who had absorbed a more sunlight over the time while not really doing anything to uhh drain his battery making him A LOT stronger, faster, durable, ect.

Understood. Thanks dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom