• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

will I like phantom liberty if I didnt like cyberpunk??

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I liked the garphics but the open worlds sandbox was crud had no ai bad driving dumbo NPCS is the sandbox good like GTA now??

acm2000

Phantom liberty has nothing to do with your reasons, wait for v2.1 on 5th December then restart the main game and see how you feel.

EDMIX

Phantom liberty has nothing to do with your reasons, wait for v2.1 on 5th December then restart the main game and see how you feel.

no, wait til v3.5 2029, THAT is the real, final, 100% release of the full thing....promise /s

I liked the garphics but the open worlds sandbox was crud had no ai bad driving dumbo NPCS is the sandbox good like GTA now??

Shiiiiiiiiit you fucking probably will.

Even as the 0001 CP2077 Hateclub leader, what I didn't like with CP2077, but I think they did a good job correcting many things in this expansion.

Conceptually anyway.

So I like it being smaller, more focused, I believe the missions actually factor the new features like cops driving cars and bad guys driving cars etc.

The more I hear of this DLC, the more I feel they should have just made a smaller, tighter game based on what they could do, not merely based on assumptions of what they could do in that time frame or something. So...maybe a smaller world makes sense if they can make it with all these elements.

I don't now how much the NPC's have been re-worked though outside of the whole cops can now drive cars thing.

Looking at how slow this team is, they are struggling to match GTA III features lol

GTA VI or bust.

Last edited:

acm2000

no, wait til v3.5 2029, THAT is the real, final, 100% release of the full thing....promise /s

Even as the 0001 CP2077 Hateclub leader, what I didn't like with CP2077, but I think they did a good job correcting many things in this expansion.

Conceptually anyway.

So I like it being smaller, more focused, I believe the missions actually factor the new features like cops driving cars and bad guys driving cars etc.

The more I hear of this DLC, the more I feel they should have just made a smaller, tighter game based on what they could do, not merely based on assumptions of what they could do in that time frame or something. So...maybe a smaller world makes sense if they can make it with all these elements.

I don't now how much the NPC's have been re-worked though outside of the whole cops can now drive cars thing.

Looking at how slow this team is, they are struggling to match GTA III features lol

GTA VI or bust.
No point comparing it (or any other open world game) to GTA, those games are outliers with unlimited budget and development time.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news

Conceptually anyway.

GTAIV or bust
genius opinion my friends

No point comparing it (or any other open world game) to GTA, those games are outliers with unlimited budget and development time.
he compared it to GTA3

w=368

FireFly

It was never a sandbox game and never will be. It’s an action RPG with guns set in a futuristic city. That’s it.
Exactly. And Phantom Liberty is a tightly scripted spy thriller that largely takes place in a single small neighborhood. For the most part you don't even need to use a car to get from place to place and the best bits are the in-person interactions and actually having to make choices. It's closer to a James Bond game than a GTA game.

At a certain point you need to understand and give credit for what a game is trying to do, rather than compare it to games with completely different objectives. (Are we going to be criticising GTA 6 if it is missing the RPG elements seen in Cyberpunk?)

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
Patch 2.1 brings you the

METRO SYSTEM! : DDD

Play something else, if you didn't like the original, the dlc is 10x shittier.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It was never a sandbox game and never will be. It’s an action RPG with guns set in a futuristic city. That’s it.
It's not? I didn't play the game (yet).

My impressions from all the videos was it's like a mini GTA but in a futuristic city. Drive or walk around town, find random quests on your own, and of course there is a main quest to finish if someone wants to get around to it.

FireFly

My impressions from all the videos was it's like a mini GTA but in a futuristic city. Drive or walk around town, find random quests on your own, and of course there is a main quest to finish if someone wants to get around to it.
The quests are all marked on the map so there isn't really any need to explore anything, and most of the areas not related to quests are closed off anyway. There are random events but they don't affect you and won't until chases are added in 2.1. I don't think if you ignore the open world you are really losing anything.

Guilty_AI

Its arguably much better than GTA on that front. What people mean when they say its not a sandbox game is that the act off pulling out a machine gun and mowing down random civilians isn't as fun, general sandbox physics aren't as good, there isn't as much interesting reactions from pedestrians (though enemy AI is waaaaaay ahead of any GTA or RDR game), then it also doesn't have as much vehicle variety, so no shooting down helicopters or shooting down others with helicopters.

Red5

It's Witcher 3 in a Cyberpunk setting in terms of scale and interactivity, with an FPS view.

diffusionx

Gold Member
No, you won't. It sounds like it's not the game you are looking for, so yea just play something else.

Nothing in 2.1 fundamentally changes his problems with the game.

EDMIX

probably wont.

open world immersion is not cyberpunk/PL good at.

its an open world action game with lite RPG element.

True, but they can do better.

So many ways to make it immersive and I think the train stuff is a nice touch.

Mozzarella

Its not like GTA, so you won't like it.
Phantom Liberty and Cyberpunk imo are better not just than GTA but also better than RDR2.
But if you want a sandbox open world then you won't like Cyberpunk, simple as that.

The games that can measure if you like Cyberpunk are games like Witcher 3, VTMB, Bioshock, Deus Ex and Far Cry 3.
So if you like those games then maybe you will like Cyberpunk.

Now you ask specifically about Phantom Liberty, PL is an expansion that is quite different from the main game in a few things:
1-Theme: It has spy-thriller theme, so the gameplay revolves around, stealth, investigation and difficult choices which makes for thrilling moments.
2-Scale: It features a condensed district in Night City and completely fleshes it out from design, narrative and content perspective.
3-Focus: The expansion is more focused on its plot and characters, it also adds gigs but they are a total of 10.

The expansion and the updates added few side content recycled content like:
1- Car stealing: you get to steal cars and deliver them to the target so that you earn loot and money and xp.
2- Loot supply: while you are exploring the Dogtown district you will see red flashes thrown around those contain unique loot or skill shard and money, you need to fight a gang enemies to earn them.

So as you can see its basically recycled loot so that you can play with the game, but nothing else.
So tldr: You play Cyberpunk and PL for the linear experience, gameplay, story, gigs, meaning the game is over when the content is finished, there is no reason to play anymore if you 100% everything, unlike GTA or Zelda or Minecraft or even Skyrim.
And the changes PL does, are just focusing on Cyberpunk strengths instead of turning it into GTA.

Top Bottom