• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Resident Evil 7 have any form of Sony exclusivity?

Kacho

It is pretty much certain at this point. Our market share is way too high and the PS4 is 40% more powerful so the game will be 40% better without being held back by the xbox loss. M$ is pretty much done in the console race lol good luck with Bing xbots.

idk i laughed. lol

RE seems too big of a franchise to keep exclusive these days but who knows. Maybe a PS4/PC combo will be reality. I'd say probably not though.

Dabanton

No, for less wars.

No DF comparison and no 100 page "we aimed for parity" garbage threads for starters.

So to placate crazed console warriors Capcom should go exclusive their is a way to not meltdown over 'parity' etc don't go into the thread.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thinking about the Street Fighter deal and how that may kickstart a new collaboration between Sony and Capcom. Or is Resident Evil too big of a brand to be on a single platform? Judging by Capcom's focus on sales numbers and how Resident Evil 6 didn't sell as well as they wanted it to, is it feasible that they would go with either a timed or full exclusivity deal?

wouldn't we just as likely say "Thinking about the Dead Rising deal and how that may kickstarter a new collaboration between Microsoft and Capcom."?

Sakujou

Banned
it has to be x1 exclusive. killing the fans of each franchise to simply force them to buy each system. on the other hand, we saw what bayonetta did to everyone... gamers not being gamers anymore.... being retarded to ignore a system simply because its nintendo.

Sharpeye

wouldn't we just as likely say "Thinking about the Dead Rising deal and how that may kickstarter a new collaboration between Microsoft and Capcom."?
I think a counter point to that would be Capcom made that deal way before it became aparent that Sony would lead in sales WW, though I agree that Capcom is like Platinum at this point doing anything fir money.

Shin-Ra

I'd rather they funded an Until Dawn/The Order 1886-quality full 3D remake/expansion of Resident Evil 2. Keeping the fixed camera angles.

Not a chance. RE is their flagship series, they aren't going to lose out on sales by making it exclusive to any platform. SF is about as big as a series going console exclusive as I can see happening this gen.

its looking like it - sony seems to be going all in this gen.

How is it looking like it?

it has to be x1 exclusive. killing the fans of each franchise to simply force them to buy each system. on the other hand, we saw what bayonetta did to everyone... gamers not being gamers anymore.... being retarded to ignore a system simply because its nintendo.
Could you sound any more whiny? Maybe we should make a topic and ask you if it's ok or consoles or games and what is deemed as acceptable.

Neff

Sony would have to break the bank to make it worth Capcom's while. Like, pay out serious dough. It's not an impossible scenario, but it's highly unlikely.

Top Bottom