• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be trolling the GOP this primary sesaon voting for Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaf really loves Trump today:

lSDRXxo.png

Anyway, I'm strongly considering it. I love in a solid red state that has no chance of going blue... ever, so might as well.

I can hardly keep up with all these movie, TV, game, music releases I really don't want to add political updates to that list.

this comment...

Most states have locked primaries to prevent people from doing this. You have to be a registered Republican a few months before the primary to vote in it....

I've considered doing things like this before.

Nothing wrong with troll voting in the primary if you live in a state with open primaries - ie you can vote in either primary, and vote for whoever you want later in the general election. Some states require you to only vote in the republican or democrat primary if you expect to vote for that party's candidate in the general.

RedShift

All these Trump threads and we don't have one about him saying parts of London are off limits to police because of radicalised Muslims? That's my favourite of his many recent ramblings.

(I live in London)

jmdajr

Nothing wrong with troll voting in the primary if you live in a state with open primaries - ie you can vote in either primary, and vote for whoever you want later in the general election. Some states require you to only vote in the republican or democrat primary if you expect to vote for that party's candidate in the general.

I see. Just for moments like these!

Most states have locked primaries to prevent people from doing this. You have to be a registered Republican a few months before the primary to vote in it....

I've considered doing things like this before.
I didn't know there was a time limit on that. Guess it's good to know.

barik

yeah I know way too many people who vote without any proper knowledge.

Personally I can't feel comfortable voting for someone I don't know myself.

When the time comes, can't you just vote for the candidate who isn't a racist, sexist, blowhard lunatic?

tcrunch

Let's make sure we return to this thread and jot down names once God-King Trump is elected Emperor of America in the main election.

Ovid

All these Trump threads and we don't have one about him saying parts of London are off limits to police because of radicalised Muslims? That's my favourite of his many recent ramblings.

(I live in London)
No-go zones.

The American media was talking about this when the Charlie Hebdo attacks happened.

Stupid.

Hmm, I haven't decided if I will vote in the D or R primary here in texas yet. The race that impacts me the most personally will be contested on the D but not the R but the far more interesting contests in general here are on the R side of things. will wait a while longer before deciding, but I might vote trump just for because of the circus.

Edit: also the candidates on the local level I want to win will get a huge boost by trump in the general. houston is pretty split and zero hispanics are going to vote for that guy here.

barik

Ironically voting is just about the most retarded thing I've ever heard of. All this fucking Trump bullshit is giving me a fucking ulcer, like someone jokingly waving a gun at me once every ten minutes. Please just sort this shit out sometime soon America.

Randam

isnt it almost 100% sure, that he wont become the gop candidate?
the party has to support that too, dont they?

jmdajr

Ironically voting is just about the most retarded thing I've ever heard of. All this fucking Trump bullshit is giving me a fucking ulcer, like someone jokingly waving a gun at me once every ten minutes. Please just sort this shit out sometime soon America.

Primary season is Feb. until June. But things are usually decided way before then.

AP90

Be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Wonder if the Republican party will disown him possibly resulting in him going independent... Then we'd have a Hillary/Bernie , trump/? And Republican/? election.

^^ is the above even a possibility?

jmdajr

isnt it almost 100% sure, that he wont become the gop candidate?
the party has to support that too, dont they?

Trying to figure this out as well. I think they could straight up reject him even if he wins. But then he runs 3rd party.

LaNaranja

jLxrsC6.png

But seriously, even if Trump doesn't win the GOP nomination he would totally run as an independent anyway. No reason to waste your vote if all you want is too see more of that chuckle fuck.

Limbaugh tried this with Operation Chaos and it didn't work for their side

I doubt that a small number of strategic Democrat voters could be enough to top the balance of Republican Primaries in their own version of Operation Chaos

This

That's unethical.

where is your inner Frank Underwood at?

Kwixotik

I will be supporting Bernie. I really don't give a shit who the Republicans nominate, as I don't see any of them as a serious contender for president.

Couleurs

No, I'm in a closed primary state. Even if it was open, I wouldn't do it since troll voting is kind of shitty imo, since you wind up with the situation Eddie Murphy joked about in Raw or Delerious where white people got drunk and voted for Jesse Jackson just to be funny

I don't want to wake up the day after the elections in Nov 2016 and be like "he fucking won!?" knowing that it's partly my fault

Trump in the primary race is damaging enough and people would want to increase the risk of having him on the ticket for the general too? Yeah, no thanks.

Hex

Banned
... dude what?

Depending on the time of day, the judgement might be off...

Myself I do not play Russian Roulette with votes.
I will be voting far far away from Trump.
I do not want him to have the satisfaction.

AP90

What if Trump actually succeeds in dismantling the two party system...

He will build another trump tower to commemorate is victory..

Edit: In the backyard of the Whitehouse... Reasoning being that a skyscraper helipad is safer. =P

Regiruler

Trying to figure this out as well. I think they could straight up reject him even if he wins. But then he runs 3rd party.

At the very least, it would drastically hurt his chances of winning even if it would make winning the general much harder.

AP90

Well Trump is going to get crossover only from the GOP really, not DEMs.

I don't know which why Independents usually lean.

And what about that untapped voter base. Can someone post what percentage of the eligible population voted from the last two elections?

For some reason, my gut feeling thinks at most 50-60%.

jmdajr

And what about that untapped voter base. Can someone post what percentage of the eligible population voted from the last two elections?

For some reason, my gut feeling thinks at most 50-60%.

54.87% (voting eligible)

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
If people really want to troll the GOP, they should NOT vote for Trump and pray he pulls a Ross Perot.

I value my free time and would rather spend it playing video games, I don't follow politics so I get nothing out of the voting experience.

Yeah, I mean, it's not like video games or the internet are affected by politicians.

Nope,

Absolutely not.

Politicians have never talked about those things ever in the history of anything.

I wouldnt exactly troll a vote, but I'll just say I've been seriously looking at some Tuck Frump merchandise.

And I'm a Canadian.

Damaniel

Banned
Not a chance. I'm not going to vote for a racist asshat, strategic or not.

I'm kind of glad that a Trump nomination could lead to a far easier Hillary win, but I really fear what Trump's rhetoric (especially the anti-Muslim stuff) will do to this country going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom