• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you trade your current Xbox One for the new S model ?

//DEVIL//

For those with Xbox one console, are you considering trading your console for the new one ? mainly for the extra stuff added / better controller / smaller size console ?

what if the S console was indeed able to play the current games with a little better frames / resolution ( even if its a tiny difference ) thanks to it's little extra power it has.

T.O.P

Banned
Yeah, trading my D1 for the 2TB, wich i already pre-ordered at GS

Mostly because i like the new design a lot and for 4K support, always wanted a white X1 since the SO bundle :)

RaZoR No1

If I could trade it for the S model for free, then yes. I dont want to pay extra for features I wont be using that much.
Will keep my Xbone till it dies xD

bede-x

Absolutely not. I've mainly used it with backwards compatibility and with them having no first party exclusives going forward, I see no reason to invest in another Xbox, when my PC can run the same games better.

Caayn

No, I won't. I might pick up an S model when the price drops and the 500GB are actually available.

As it stands now I, with the way MS handles this model, I have no interest in picking one or trading my current one in for one.

RoKKeR

I actually think I will, and I'll pass my OG off to my little sister. The downsize would he very useful to me as I haul it to and from college with me, and I don't think I will be getting a Scorpio right when it launches.

No, i barely use my One. i couldnt justify the money for an upgrade to the slim that doesnt have any features i want/care about. the same reason why i doubt i will look at Scorpio.

xealo

Probably not. I'm one of the few who doesn't seem to mind an external power brick, especially as my XB1 in general runs a lot more silently than my PS4 does.

Going forward there doesn't seem to be much my XB1 can do that my PC won't be able to as well, so I'll likely just keep it as a bluray media player.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Negative.

If it weren't for the fact that I like Rock Band, I'd just sell it since pretty much all of the exclusives will be on PC.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
No. There's nothing wrong with my current unit, and I only use it once or twice a week for a few hours. It'll have to do.

John Wick

Nope!
Don't see any reason to. Also with nearly every MS exclusive appearing on PC probably might not bother with Scorpio either.

Ushay

Most likely yes. Really like the design and the larger HD size. 4k will grt some use too. Will trade in my day 1 edition and then keep this for downstairs, and then Scorpio for the man cave later next year.

Tall Paul

I've pre ordered the 500GB version but only if it's out Aug/Sept close to the initial 2TB release with a view to sell day 1 edition, will be good upgrade until whatever Scorpio fully turns out to be.

Gwyn

I don't have a 4k HDR tv so no
I ll get scorpio next year and hope that most devs will target 1080/60

Xav

Nope. There is nothing wrong with my current Xbox One other than it's an ugly beast.

Additionally even if I did want one, I'd want it in black to match my setup and I'm only seeing white Xbox One Slims.

Will wait for Scorpio instead.

I'm thinking about it. Seriously, the OG Xbox One is way too big for what little space I have left and It's about time I got bigger hard drive space. I'm tired of deleting game installs.

Is GameStop doing any deals right now?

Dmi3k

Yes, and I don't even have a 4k TV.

It's small, it's white, it comes with a Bluetooth-enabled controller.

cireza

I will keep my current console. I bought an External Hard Drive with 7200 rpm, which is a better investment than "upgrading" for Xbox One S (as I don't have any use for 4K or HDR).

T.O.P

Banned
I'm thinking about it. Seriously, the OG Xbox One is way too big for what little space I have left and It's about time I got bigger hard drive space. I'm tired of deleting game installs.

Is GameStop doing any deals right now?

At least here in IT i'm getting 200€ for my D1 plus 50% more value when selling back games

I like buying consoles and I'm generally fond of slim models, but this is a no for now, because in terms of hardware I have already 400 euros to spend on PS VR mid-october. Sticking with the good old big mamma from day launch.

I was going to and pre-ordered but after thinking about it, lack of owning a 4K tv and no problems with launch console hardly makes it worthwhile.

I'll just wait for Scorpio for the actual spec upgrade.

Loomba

With play anywhere now coming out for all major exclusives I probably won't be buying another Xbox again, never mind the S.

No, I bought mine a few months ago and I like the design of the original better. HDR could be nice but I'm not sure if my 24" 1080p set would benefit or not and it overall looks cheaper - I'll wait for the Scorpio for the next upgrade.

rainz

No. I don't have a 4K TV and probably wont have one for at least a few years...
Broadcast television in Australia has barely caught up to 1080p, I'd hate to see everything scaled on a 4K set..

Fox Mulder

No.

I don't have a 4k tv and the Xbox is fine sitting where it is so size doesn't matter.

I'll wait to see what Scorpio is.

No. The redesign is a attractive looking gadget but further investment in the hardware side of the platform is redundant. It makes more sense to me to invest that $350/$299 into a PC.

LowerLevel

Highly considering getting an S and giving my neighbor's son my D1. Still very up in the air over it. Want to get a riding mower so may just wait for Scorpio

Kup

No. The redesign is a attractive looking gadget but further investment in the hardware side of the platform is redundant. It makes more sense to me to invest that $350/$299 into a PC.

image.php

I will if my current breaks. If not I'll hold on for Scorpio.

mulac

Nope. My XBONE is siting doing nothing except the ocassional EA Access vault game. Otherwise Its on the list to be traded in at EBGames for either a Neo or just flat out for cash.

I'll stick with my 980gtx - soon - to - be - 1080 PC and PS4...

lherre

Accurate
No because I have an "I made this" Xbox One but I think I will buy one slim model eventually, but not sure when.

Top Bottom