• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Windows Central]Hellblade 2 is on sale for less than $40, this deal won't be up for long so take advantage of it while you can before it disappears

gokurho

summary by ChatGPT
What's shocking is that even though it just launched, "Senua's Saga: Hellblade II," one of the best Xbox titles and the culmination of seven years of passionate hard work, is on sale for less than $40 at CDKeys, down from its usual price of $63.49. This 37% discount makes it $10 cheaper than the Xbox Digital Store price. The game has received positive reviews for its improvements over the original. The sale is for a limited time, so it's recommended to take advantage of it soon (Windows Central).
After seven years since the release of Ninja Theory's critically acclaimed action-adventure title, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, its long-awaited sequel, Senua's Saga: Hellblade II has finally arrived on console and PC.
What's shocking is that even though it just launched, CDKeys is already hosting a discount sale for Hellblade 2 at a reduced cost of $39.39, a 37% discount from its MSRP at CDKeys and $10 cheaper than its MSRP at the Xbox digital store.
Ninja Theory's Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice captivated audiences in 2017 for its dark storylines, immersive presentation, and deep characterization that explored the tragic struggles of the title character Senua. Since then, fans have eagerly awaited Hellblade's sequel which would push the boundaries of the original game's cinematic storytelling and refine some of its less desirable aspects.
After seven years, Senua's Saga: Hellblade II finally arrived on May 21, 2024, and more than exceeded critics' and fans' expectations by improving upon nearly every aspect of its predecessor. It certainly beat our expectations, as explained when our own Zachary Boddy reviewed Hellblade 2.
This game is the culmination of seven years of passionate hard work, creating a cinematic adventure you will be hard-pressed to find anywhere else. Hellblade 2 features astronomical graphical visuals, an amazing binaural sound design, a cast of well-written characters brought to life by incredible acting, and a heart-gripping storyline that explores the complex topics of mental health and Norse mythology.
If you're a fan of the original Hellblade or of narrative-driven adventure games, then these last seven years were worth the wait as it is one of the best Xbox games out there. What's even better is that this game is already having a special 37% discount sale at CDKeys, just a day after its launch no less!
If you head over to CDKeys right now, you will be able to acquire Senua's Saga: Hellblade II for $39.39. This makes it $10 cheaper than Hellblade 2's MSRP on the Xbox digital store and $24.10 cheaper than its MSRP at CDKeys. Considering you usually have to wait months or even years for big-budget games like Hellblade 2 to go down in price, this is a lucky deal if there is one.
However, this deal won't be up for long so take advantage of it while you can before it disappears for good.
Hyped:goog_lol::goog_eek::goog_rofl::goog_love::goog_geek:
Take advantage of it while you can before it disappears for good:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Go Go Go GIF

T4keD0wN

huh, itll go down even further as the time goes... this is not a nintendo game

Also arent CDKeys considered a "grey reseller"? They have cheaper keys for everything including pre-orders, this is nothing unusual.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
huh, itll go down even further as the time goes... this is not a nintendo game

Also arent CDKeys considered a "grey reseller"?

They are pretty much the most legit "grey market" seller around. It's not a marketplace, the keys are sourced by the business itself and their support are very good on the rare occasion anything goes wrong.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
For a game like this, wouldn’t it make more sense to just sub to gamepass for a month at whatever price? It seems like a game lacking repeatability or am I wrong?

Mr.Phoenix

Here is the funny thing though. Unless it's a MP game, technically speaking; not a single MS game should cost more than $20. Unless it's on Playstation though. And even then that's kinda sketchy.

Why?

Because you can get a 30 day gamepass sub for $17.

And to me... again, unless it's an MP game that you plan on playing all year round and then some... if you can get a brand new game for $17. Pay $17 for it.

EDMIX

Oh wow, this might be the fastest I've ever seen a AAA game go on sale by the publisher directly.

This is like, record bomb sale type shit.

Err.....its still a no from me. I'll see some reviews, watch some footage online, but I might wait for a sale in the future to pick it up. I blame the publisher for not marketing it much more.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Oh wow, this might be the fastest I've ever seen a AAA game go on sale by the publisher directly.

This is like, record bomb sale type shit.

Err.....its still a no from me. I'll see some reviews, watch some footage online, but I might wait for a sale in the future to pick it up. I blame the publisher for not marketing it much more.
Jeff gerstmann said it was boring as fuck

Varteras

Gold Member
Normally I'm not the kind of person to tell you to just watch the game on Youtube. That's because most heavily cinematic games I've played still had enough legitimate gameplay where you lose the feel the game provides. The way it can make you think. I don't think my brain has been so shut off playing a game in a very long time. I can confidently say you lose next to nothing by just sitting down to watch a 5-hour playthrough. Seriously. Just treat it like a movie night. Stop halfway through and pick it back up the next night if that's too long.

Mortisfacio

Banned
Normally I'm not the kind of person to tell you to just watch the game on Youtube. That's because most heavily cinematic games I've played still had enough legitimate gameplay where you lose the feel the game provides. The way it can make you think. I don't think my brain has been so shut off playing a game in a very long time. I can confidently say you lose next to nothing by just sitting down to watch a 5-hour playthrough. Seriously. Just treat it like a movie night. Stop halfway through and pick it back up the next night if that's too long.

I'd still suggest actually playing it if you already have GamePass. The youtube compression to visuals and loss of some of great sound design are big enough, to me, to play it yourself and not watch it on youtube. Also the combat, while by no means complex, is enjoyable with the visual and sound design. The better experience actually playing vs watching isn't worth $40-50 for me, though, but I played on GamePass (PC).

Varteras

Gold Member
I'd still suggest actually playing it if you already have GamePass. The youtube compression to visuals and loss of some of great sound design are big enough, to me, to play it yourself and not watch it on youtube. Also the combat, while by no means complex, is enjoyable with the visual and sound design. The better experience actually playing vs watching isn't worth $40-50 for me, though, but I played on GamePass (PC).

If you already have Gamepass, sure. Play it. But there is no reason to spend any amount of money to specifically play this game. Just to see it in a little better sharpness. As for the audio, just pop your headphones on and watch. I just checked out a walkthrough video of it. Does just fine.

MikeM

For a game like this, wouldn’t it make more sense to just sub to gamepass for a month at whatever price? It seems like a game lacking repeatability or am I wrong?
Thats what I did. MS just dilutes the worth of their single player portfolio with GP. Ah well- learn the hard way.

Also- Xbox app sucks ass. Achievements don’t pop at all still. Such a POS.

xrnzaaas

It makes sense for any game that's not a gaas title meant to be played for weeks and months to come.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I searched the Playstation Store but couldn't find it. Will try again in a few months.

Expect re-appraisals by many here if that happens.

What's shocking is that even though it just launched, CDKeys is already hosting a discount sale for Hellblade 2 at a reduced cost of $39.39, a 37% discount from its MSRP at CDKeys and $10 cheaper than its MSRP at the Xbox digital store.

The games MSRP is $49.99

Why is CD Keys selling it for $63.99 which is higher than the MSRP.

🤔

Last edited:

AzekZero

For PS5 owners this wouldn't be a bad price, since Game Pass is never coming to a Sony machine and MS is unlikely to sell lower with Sony taking that 30% cut.

Sorcerer

I wonder why Ninja Theory just doesn't go into the movie business? Surely they can tell a better story through cinema instead of trying to force cinema itself into gameplay and make the game suffer for it. I think a live action Hellblade would actually work on the big screen, focus less on the fighting and more on the story.
There was a Heavenly Sword movie after all.
I wonder what happened internally at Ninja Theory, who were an action game studio, that turned them into a social awareness message studio?

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Phil Spencer: We are proud of the work Ninja Theory put into Hellblade 2.
We are sad to announce the closing of Ninja Theory.

Matt Booty: We need more games like Hell blade 2!!!

Last edited:

MayauMiao

I wonder why Ninja Theory just doesn't go into the movie business? Surely they can tell a better story through cinema instead of trying to force cinema itself into gameplay and make the game suffer for it. I think a live action Hellblade would actually work on the big screen, focus less on the fighting and more on the story.
There was a Heavenly Sword movie after all.
I wonder what happened internally at Ninja Theory, who were an action game studio, that turned them into a social awareness message studio?

The problem is Hellblade plot is not unique or interesting enough to draw in the movie crowd.

Sorcerer

The problem is Hellblade plot is not unique or interesting enough to draw in the movie crowd.
Perhaps you are correct, it might fall apart completely without the interactivity aspect, and might need to be reworked to the point of unrecognizability, but it does seem where Ninja Theories true heart lies lately.
I wonder if Mara will be much the same in a more modern setting. I doubt it will be another DMC. LOL!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom