• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNino

Mint is huge, surprised you haven't heard of them. They are definitely not a fly by night operation.
I've heard of Mint, but never used it. I'll give it a try, but it seems that support for my bank (CIBC) is not great. There was a thread on their support forum about it not syncing and the bank has "officially" said that they don't support Mint so we'll see how it goes.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I've never heard of the app outside of this thread and thought I'd check it out. Off the bat it asks for my bank login info.

Mint is owned by the people who make Quickbooks. It's been around for a few years now.

I've heard of Mint, but never used it. I'll give it a try, but it seems that support for my bank (CIBC) is not great. There was a thread on their support forum about it not syncing and the bank has "officially" said that they don't support Mint so we'll see how it goes.

Syncs for me on CIBC.

Doffen

FantaSea.jpg

Retrocide

Microsoft is having a 12 days of deals at it's Microsoft stores...and the first one is a killer. Dell venue pro doorbuster for $99 on Monday 12/9.....and $200 for the rest of the day.

*Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet: $99 Sale Price, $299 Reg. Price. 20 available per store while supplies last (Minimum Guaranteed Time: 1 hr.)

Valid 12/9/2013, while supplies last. Available in select Microsoft retail and online stores in US (including Puerto Rico). Available in select Microsoft retail stores in Canada only; not valid online in Canada. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or gift cards. Not combinable with other offers. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Limit 1 per customer.

**Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet: $199 Sale Price, $299 Reg. Price. 10 available per store while supplies last (Minimum Guaranteed Time: 1 hr.)

Fox Mulder

Went to the att store about my high data usage, and they were pretty useless. Made me sit in a corner and call att support for 30 minutes while they did nothing but suggest I turn off cellular data.

I then got transferred to a windows phone technician who had me factory reset my phone and at least credited my account $10 for when I go over my limit. Might get a replacement if the data is still high in a few days.

f0lken

why don't you put another rom in your phone, that way you could install data sense and track what is consuming your data

NeOak

What the...?

I ask for Hardware QWERTY, and even Van talks about a Verge article on those.

A Verge article!

What is this bizarro world?

Edit: Not everyone likes them, but calling them overrated is like saying the camera on a Lumia 1020 is overrated. You don't need such a camera, but you can go for it if you want.

it's all dependent on the formfactor. The problem with QWERTY keyboards now are that it just takes up too much space. The Vertical slider is my most prize possession as a phone, because it keeps that portrait view and doesn't obstruct the screen when typing. However, that sliding mechanism is costly in weight and thickness. I could see Samsung delivering a really nice 920-sized qwerty phone, because they have an immense ability to deliver small frames.

Another issue is that the keyboard costs money to manufacture...whereas a non keyboard costs less. So why both make your phone more costly and possibly make it clumsily large? There doesn't seem to be a massive demand for it, so it isn't done.

I'd love to see a 920 slider from HTC or Samsung. It doesn't quite work with Nokia's recent designs....but I'm sure they'd deliver a beautiful one if they made one.

NeOak

it's all dependent on the formfactor. The problem with QWERTY keyboards now are that it just takes up too much space. The Vertical slider is my most prize possession as a phone, because it keeps that portrait view and doesn't obstruct the screen when typing. However, that sliding mechanism is costly in weight and thickness. I could see Samsung delivering a really nice 920-sized qwerty phone, because they have an immense ability to deliver small frames.

Another issue is that the keyboard costs money to manufacture...whereas a non keyboard costs less. So why both make your phone more costly and possibly make it clumsily large? There doesn't seem to be a massive demand for it, so it isn't done.

I'd love to see a 920 slider from HTC or Samsung. It doesn't quite work with Nokia's recent designs....but I'm sure they'd deliver a beautiful one if they made one.

There is one they can use. Its called the N950.

I would argue that a hardware keyboard is very similar to the 42MP camera in terms of design compromise for many versus killer feature for some. Admittedly I find the hump on the 1020 tasteful, but it's not for everyone when the slim S4 and 5S take "acceptable" pictures.

And lets not front like this wouldn't work with the Lumia design. This was intended for release in 2011, but it was Elop'd.

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/09/04/l...auta-rm-742-cancelled-immediate-n9-successor/

The two tone color scheme was a prototype thing, you can see an all-black model in the link. All-cyan would look great.

Sordid

I'm probably wrong here but isn't kids corner supposed to block purchases? My daughter just managed to buy a starfruit pack in Fruit Ninja :/ thankfully just the £0.79 pack and not £14.49 one but still!

maeh2k

I'm probably wrong here but isn't kids corner supposed to block purchases? My daughter just managed to buy a starfruit pack in Fruit Ninja :/ thankfully just the £0.79 pack and not £14.49 one but still!

You can set a pin code to your Wallet that asks the pin every time someone wants to buy anything.

so I hate my life. Back working on lifelogger. Added an introduction area that guides a user through setting up skydrive/camera roll integration and eases the user into the app. Transitions. Stability. Adding Facebook integration now. Changed up styling a lot more. A light theme.

toff74

I hope not.

I'm waiting for some Lumia 1520 impressions and more rumours of a 5" 1080p snapdragon 800 lumia.. What about the first MS/Nokia collaboration.. Whats it going to be?

Oh.. and when is Sky Go coming to the UK?

You see.. loads to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom