• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchmann

I get that on my 520 and I know the feeling. The worst is when you upgrade and it tells you it has no room so you have to basically uninstall all your apps and reinstall them after. My other is at 2.3 GB so I hope this rumor of being able to store apps on the SD card is true for 8.1.

73lwMmi.jpg

I'm kinda in the same boat. On the one hand I have to monitor the free space of the interal storage constantly, on the other hand I downloaded every map available to use some space on my SD card.
At least I won't get lost in Bangladesh and Malawi.

So I got my first Windows Phone. The Lumia 521 on MetroPCS. I absolutely LOVE it. I just need to be a part of this thread now.
Welcome to windows phone, hope you enjoy your stay :)
If you need any app recommendations feel free to ask away.
myTube is the best youtube client :p

Doffen

I wonder if there will be Xbox games out this week.
Phil Spencer promised more Xbox WP games from them this year.

hadareud

The Translator
Regarding the new features not being new/exciting enough - I have to say that I find the prospect of a Google Now like service very exciting.

Depending on what Cortana actually really is, it could be a killer feature for me. Not because of the voice stuff, but having a personal assistant that actually works would be brilliant.

As for voice, it actually is important too - anyone that drives a car can tell you that. Expanding the voice commands and integrating it deeper into the system would be quite brilliant (especially if you don't have to press a button/log in anymore by typing in your pin). Being able to control your music library, switching between apps all while being able to dictate messages (accurately) would be fantastic.

Cortana may be none of this, or it may be all of it or something in between. Depending on how it works, what it can do and what new things it brings to the table it can either be amazing or a useless gimmick. We'll see.

Either way it's a bit early to write it off or regard it as non-news.

KageMaru

I just hope Cortana is voiced by Jen Taylor. Not only would it be fitting given the code name, but her beautiful voice would be perfect for a digital assistant.

toff74

The missus was after another WP.. she currently has the L800, but the charger cover had snapped off so the Sim holder wouldnt stay down..

After a quick look through the WP catalogue she decided on a White Lumia 925.

I cant wait to see it..

MCD

The missus was after another WP.. she currently has the L800, but the charger cover had snapped off so the Sim holder wouldnt stay down..

After a quick look through the WP catalogue she decided on a White Lumia 925.

I cant wait to see it..

It's the best looking WP next to HTC 8X. Congrats!

toff74

It's the best looking WP next to HTC 8X. Congrats!

Agreed..I'm pretty jealous. My L920 will look like an old fatty next to it. And what with the missus having a better phone than me!

Should have it before lunchtime tomorrow.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Yeah, that's the one thing I don't like about my 1020. I have the cover but I would much prefer to use it without.

Yep, having to use a cover sucks because you can't have your own protective case over it. I use the otterbox on my 1020 (Because of my toddler) and I wouldn't be able to wirelessly charge it. I'd have to switch cases every time I wanted to use my wireless charger. It's already a pain in the butt to remove the otterbox whenever I want to use the camera grip.

hadareud

The Translator
On my 1020 I only snap on the charging cover when I need it (basically in the car and at work, I hardly ever charge at home anymore).

I know it defeats the purpose and I know it should bother me, but oddly enough it doesn't.

ElNino

Yep, having to use a cover sucks because you can't have your own protective case over it. I use the otterbox on my 1020 (Because of my toddler) and I wouldn't be able to wirelessly charge it. I'd have to switch cases every time I wanted to use my wireless charger. It's already a pain in the butt to remove the otterbox whenever I want to use the camera grip.
Yeah, I have a case that I bought before the charging cover and I like how it feels to use with the phone but it's not easy to remove and I'd like to easily attach the camera grip when I want to.

As it stands now I'm just using the charging cover but it would be nice to have other options if I want to use the wireless chargers I have.

Milchjon

Testing that free month of Xbox Music.

The Xbox Video stuff always seems overly expensive to me. Of course it's cool to buy a movie and have it on all my devices. But paying 18€ without any extras...

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Extremely awesome news. Just in time for me since I'm flying to Chicago this weekend. Going to be able to dl a movie and watch it in the plane.

luso

Installed latest update of Star Wars Mini Death Star, now the game does not runs when is not loaded. Tried to reinstall it but the same happens. Must be a bug… I have a 520.
Anyone else had this problem?

Milchjon

When they say that Xbox Video doesn't support HD content on the phone - I can still watch HD movies I bought in SD, right?

ElNino

I don't understand why we need a separate xbox music app.

just bundle it into a gdr.
When I launched it for the first time there was a message about it being the Xbox Music Preview (or something like that) so maybe it will be bundled eventually. I haven't used it much yet, but performance is a bit slower than the built-in app... but Playlist management is welcome!

Is there no way to manage/view podcasts in Xbox Music?

I don't think there is on any platform that Xbox Music is on, which begs the question about what their plans are going forward for podcasts.

I downloaded the two apps, does the music app allow you to play from a local collection or just your could synced collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom