• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

UTwk2l9.png

Best Girl already.

ZX IGNITION 02

uC675LIl.jpg

Cause while the world is under card summoning demons attack, nothing makes more sense but to suddenly turn this to How I Met My First Angel complete with a trip to a bath so we can get blinded by the light censorship.

The exposition was ok at least?

You're all really making me want to get into Hunter X Hunter when i don't have any more time to devote to anime.

Why resist ?

Don't resist and embrace the awesome.

--------------------------
Golden time - 14

Girl to girl talk is always best ... you can feel the beginning of a nice friendship.

Oh and that was some unexpected pairing that glanced over everyone sight. If true then linda is still making horrible choices.
Not for Quote above :
There is nothing wrong with that ! can you MAN THE FUCK ON , Tada banri .??
Can you actually voice disinterest for things linda - related ?
Can you MOVE ON ?
But yeah swmsuit talk was the best part no doubt

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
She has an onee-sama, and on an entirely related note, Project A-Ko is the single most :SDBurton anime I have ever watched. This thing already trumps Gunbuster, Diebuster and The Flower of Rin-ne.

Project Ako was once supposed to be part of the Cream Lemon franchise, so that is how that happened. Also, project Ako got decidedly less Yuri in future sequels and alternate universe things.

Kingdom 2 Episode 17
tumblr_mzj0aoUUhg1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mzj0aoUUhg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Hilarious comedy in this episode to prepare us for the showdown at Shaoyang(sp?). Lian Po (sp?) seems like he'll me an interesting character in coming events, while the combined Feixin force with the other men bringing the total size to 700 with the additional vice commander allowing Xin to be temporary Thousand Man General was a good thing to increase his character and allow hilarious interactions with his other peers of such rank.

Xin winning the arm wrestling was the best thing in awhile

She has an onee-sama, and on an entirely related note, Project A-Ko is the single most :SDBurton anime I have ever watched. This thing already trumps Gunbuster, Diebuster and The Flower of Rin-ne.

Have you watched Sakura trick or , strawberry panic or ...yuru yuri ?

Edit : Or simoun ? maria-sama ga .. ? ( and the list goes on )

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 43

If you think Hunter x Hunter is still light hearted at this point, I don't know what to say to you.

I thought it was definitely easygoing at times. This episode showed how ruthless the show can be. I was just glad that the show knows how to balance light-hearted moments with the really dark moments.

You're all really making me want to get into Hunter X Hunter when i don't have any more time to devote to anime.

Everyone who likes adventure should give Hunter X Hunter a shot.

Do an episode a day.

I second this.

survivor

Banned
Hozuki no Reitetsu 2

While it's isn't particularly too funny, I found this episode a bit amusing and entertaining. I think if the show can keep being creative and maintain good production values then I will keep watching. I find it funny that even when it's about hell, they still had to do a "Japan is super awesome" episode.

santeesioux

I'd heard somewhere that Hunter X Hunter was probably going to be ending soon (don't remember where), so i figured i'd wait for that and marathon it.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 44

Hey we're the Shadow Beasts, and we're the shit! *gets decked*

And we're shown a way to power up Nen even more, but it's really risky
and plays a part in the Chimera Ant arc...

zeroshiki

Have you seen Mai-Hime? Your post reminded me of it. Its a shounen action with mecha where the cast are all girls except one dirty male side character.

Narag

I think we should get firehawk to watch this then!

Well the lead spends the first two eps reminiscing about the love he he left behind
because it's now 150 years in the future
. Just needed some cherry blossoms falling to complete it.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 34

Boy, they're really gonna drag this out, aren't they? I don't even see what the point is; she's obviously gonna choose Ichigo. Or not. But probably. I liked when she chose Kaede, all the others were looking at her like "Oh, you bitch".

CorvoSol

Project Ako was once supposed to be part of the Cream Lemon franchise, so that is how that happened. Also, project Ako got decidedly less Yuri in future sequels and alternate universe things.

Almost disappointing.

Have you watched Sakura trick or , strawberry panic or ...yuru yuri ?

Edit : Or simoun ? maria-sama ga .. ? ( and the list goes on )

No, I don't actively seek out yuri anime.

Have you seen Mai-Hime? Your post reminded me of it. Its a shounen action with mecha where the cast are all girls except one dirty male side character.

Haven't seen it, but the title sounds familiar.

found her

Oh my.

CorvoSol

Indeed, I would rather eat my arm then watch the Project Ako Vs. Project OVAs again.

This is my first time through Project Ako. My parents watched it when I was super young, and all I remembered was that it was about two girls, A-Ko and B-Ko fighting each other over a third girl, C-Ko. And they had super powers and space. Since I was like, under 10 I had no idea why mom and dad wouldn't let me stay up to watch a cartoon show with them.

20 minutes into this and I know why, haha.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This is my first time through Project Ako. My parents watched it when I was super young, and all I remembered was that it was about two girls, A-Ko and B-Ko fighting each other over a third girl, C-Ko. And they had super powers and space. Since I was like, under 10 I had no idea why mom and dad wouldn't let me stay up to watch a cartoon show with them.

20 minutes into this and I know why, haha.

Yea, the original series us 4 episodes I believe and the VS sides series is 2 episodes.

I'd heard somewhere that Hunter X Hunter was probably going to be ending soon (don't remember where), so i figured i'd wait for that and marathon it.
Oh we have a long way to go before it ends in anime.we have 1 full arc + half the arc we're currently in.

So you're going to wait a while.

Mai-Otome would be the better example.

The nanomachine shield trully made that anime intresting.

----------------------
Magical warfare - 02

Alright second episode. i guess everything thought that they shoudln't be surprised that an academy chairman was of that age ..but "it's magic" was probably the answer the thought when they realised this was serious.

I hate gunblades ( ever since ff8) but i hope the main character will use his own weapon properly since they gave him a nice plot device to borrow whatever he needs.

So far so good , episode was a little more focused than the first , so it's alright

Nothing is confirmed, but it's logical since the manga author still won't get off his ass and put out more chapters. We probably got a year to go before there's no more material, assuming Togashi has a 2 year hiatus, which he has never done before.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
really liked the semi final commentators. glad they are back in Nationals
It's still the semi finals. Well, actually, the semi finals haven't started in Saki S2 yet. What you saw was the Western Conference... now it's time for the Eastern Conference!

---

Ghost with Patrick Swayze
k4lwrKQl.jpg

UGHHHHHHH

This makes me hesitate if only because it might imply that childhood friends win and Banri will go back to Linda while Koko goes back with generic tsundere blonde guy.

Well, perhaps at least that would justify this entire ghost Banri thing at least.

Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
ZdEViJdl.jpg

I remember this episode. Although Mike was helping breed cows in that case. :p

Now that they've done two episodic episodes to remind the audience of what happened in season 1, I hope the metaplot starts up again. Although I suppose I prefer the personal-growth-but-not-really-because-he-does-the-same-thing-every-week thing to the pining-over-horse-girl-who-obviously-likes-him-but-they-won't-talk-to-each-other thing.

Nothing is confirmed, but it's logical since the manga author still won't get off his ass and put out more chapters. We probably got a year to go before there's no more material, assuming Togashi has a 2 year hiatus, which he has never done before.

It's already been close to two years since Chapter 340 came out. If you don't count the Kurapika one shot, this is already Togashi's longest hiatus, even longer than the one between 260 and 261 which was 20 months (it's been 22 months since 340).

My gut says he'll come back this year, but unless the next arc is a short one, I can't see him finishing it before the anime would be getting to the start of that arc, which means they'll either have to do filler or end the series.

Hunter X Hunter (2011) 19

I like these kind of unconventional fights, which don't boil down to who can scream the loudest. A battle lasting until one opponent surrenders in which killing is not allowed ends up being surprisingly tricky.

lol

I hope Ghost Banri actually interacts with Linda at some point. I mean, they HAVE to do it right?
Do what ?
:p

Seriously i have to admit that the quickest way to solve this mess would be for ghost banri to let his feelign aloud in a way that won't destroy everything new banri did ( because koko is the best girl ).

It's already been close to two years since Chapter 340 came out. If you don't count the Kurapika one shot, this is already Togashi's longest hiatus, even longer than the one between 260 and 261 which was 20 months (it's been 22 months since 340).

My gut says he'll come back this year, but unless the next arc is a short one, I can't see him finishing it before the anime would be getting to the start of that arc, which means they'll either have to do filler or end the series.

They better animate the election arc ... i won't forgive them if they don't.

It's still the semi finals. Well, actually, the semi finals haven't started in Saki S2 yet. What you saw was the Western Conference... now it's time for the Eastern Conference!

---

Ghost with Patrick Swayze
k4lwrKQl.jpg

UGHHHHHHH

This makes me hesitate if only because it might imply that childhood friends win and Banri will go back to Linda while Koko goes back with generic tsundere blonde guy.

Well, perhaps at least that would justify this entire ghost Banri thing at least..

Nah.
Koko is already clearly done with Mitsuo romantically, you can tell because there's no more sexual tension. As to Banri, of course he'd be a bit jealous/feels weird about the whole thing considering the history. Who wouldn't be. As long as Ghost Banri keeps the fuck away

Either ways if Koko wasn't the main/final/best girl, she wouldn't be in the opening and closing exclusively with Banri. Koko rules, Linda drools.

CorvoSol

Getter Robo 31

So at last the Dinosaur Empire has a very, very good reason to be fighting the human race: Humanity's control of the Getter Ray (which is about to become the foundation of human civilization and which has no negative effects on the human body) is lethal to the dinosaurs (who are, in turn, completely immune to radiation). The Demon Emperor Ura has discovered that Uranium combines with Getter Rays to create a type of Getter Ray which is lethal to human beings. Hayato is exposed, but fights to stop the Dinosaurs from contaminating the other Getter Ray storage facilities. Afterward, Prof. Saotome uses Getter Magic to cure him.

But man, the Dinosaur Empire is getting really, really desperate and yet frighteningly close to victory at the same time.

Gazoinks

From the New World 24

Sooo
why has Shun turned into Obiwan Kenobi? Not that his advice isn't welcome, but it seems a bit random.

How's it gonna end? Last episode go!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nah.
Koko is already clearly done with Mitsuo romantically, you can tell because there's no more sexual tension. As to Banri, of course he'd be a bit jealous/feels weird about the whole thing considering the history. Who wouldn't be. As long as Ghost Banri keeps the fuck away

Either ways if Koko wasn't the main/final/best girl, she wouldn't be in the opening and closing exclusively with Banri. Koko rules, Linda drools.
I dunno, maybe I read that scene wrong in that I saw them both get jealous of the coupling. But maybe Koko was just looking to see how Banri would react.

And, not knowing anything about the novels, maybe the OP is an elaborate troll!

Do what ?
:p

Seriously i have to admit that the quickest way to solve this mess would be for ghost banri to let his feelign aloud in a way that won't destroy everything new banri did ( because koko is the best girl ).
Ghost pottery!

Maybe Banri gets hit by another car or something and the loses his memory again. Then we can have two ghost Banris floating around.

You know, I was just reminded of Natsuyaki Rendezvous. At least the meddling ghost in that story sort of (but not really) made sense.

Damn, for some reason I thought it's only been a year. What the hell, Togashi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom