• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Are there supposed to be aliens in this?

Yes, that's the entire plot. It's a standard mecha anime where the main character wants to find out what really happened to his father who supposedly died in a rocket launch accident, and ends up discovering a super secret mecha and becoming Captain Earth, to fight against the invading Kill-t-gang aliens from Uranus - immortal digital lifeforms who create human avatars to blend in on Earth.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
fQ2P064h.jpg

...I want a show based on this now.

I loved Yamato and it was MY AOTY.

But I will say this.

I have a cousin who hasn't seen anime since Dragon Ball Z. I showed him an episode Attack on Titan the day before yesterday. He's already on episode 15. It's the new gateway anime. It's beautifully drawn, has a great OST and the action is damn good.

I was in pretty much the exact same boat up until last October. DBZ left such a sour taste in my mouth. Partly because every time one of the sagas finished then Toonami would basically reset to the start of the series and then go from there. I also had a problem with it seeming like shit went on forever. HOW MANY GODDAMN EPISODES IS GOKU GOING TO FIGHT FREIZA!? FUCK! I also kind of realized at that point that the parts of DBZ I enjoyed most were when they weren't fighting. Which I assume is why when I got into watching anime last year I went full-on moe/SOL stuff instead of any sort of action-based shows. For whatever reason they can't hold my attention, give it to me in video game form instead of a TV show.

On another note, not really feeling Yuyushiku four episodes in. I typically like some degree of plot/character-development and I don't feel like I'm getting any of that. The art style is throwing me off a bit as well.

I wonder how people would feel about YuruYuri if Akari's siscon big sister wasn't changed from siscon big brother.

Would it really have mattered? It seemed like she played such a minor role in the show I can't imagine it would have made a difference.

Jarmel

Banned
Yes, that's the entire plot. It's a standard mecha anime where the main character wants to find out what really happened to his father who supposedly died in a rocket launch accident, and ends up discovering a super secret mecha and becoming Captain Earth, to fight against the invading Kill-t-gang aliens from Uranus - immortal digital lifeforms who create human avatars to blend in on Earth.

I don't know what to make of this. The names are bad enough that I think you're making it up but the names are bad enough where it could be legit.

I've read your post four times and I still don't know if I'm being punked or not.

duckroll

Can Nii-san be tsundere? If so I'm game.

"It's not like I deliberately have great comfort and highway gas mileage for you.. b-baka!"

It starts out deredere, then during bad weather it becomes tsundere, but if you fail to maintain it right, watch out because it's totally going to be yandere.

fertygo

Seriously? Well she could be from the Carribean as well but this is anime so the number of locations she's likely from is somewhat small.

Do you think Naru from AO (Sorry to remind you again) is african too? lol

Usually tanned character in anime is intended to being from okinawa or something.

Jarmel

Banned
Do you think Naru from AO (Sorry to remind you again) is african too? lol

Usually tanned character in anime is intended to being from okinawa or something.

Dude the female lead in Earth is not tanned. Naru wasn't really that tanned anyway.

CorvoSol

Wow Monogatari Series: Second Season starts out so strong. It's washed the bad taste of toothbrush love out of my mouth.

Nekomonogatari White was really good. Can't wait to watch the rest of the season.

At last someone else who appreciates Neko White.

It's a sequel to Captain Planet, and the prequel to Captain Power. Captain America is a spinoff of Captain Earth.

And Captain Britain and Captain Canda

D Frag 1

Outside of the last few minutes, this is more subdued than it should be. Still entertaining though.

And hey, pukey-chan is in the OP! cajunator will be vindicated in his "vomiting is moe" statement!

CorvoSol

I loved Neko White as well. And I might add I don't see why people dislike Hanekawa and this arc. I just don't think she is the best girl; She's only the second best girl

After Araragi's Mom, 90's Senjou and Cat.

Ah yeah, just google some pic.. might not the best example.

Edit : Dresden save me! best waifu in P3

Hey I love all Hanekawa arc too, the best girl for me!

I don't know whether to agree or disagree here. On the one hand Ferty gets Hanekawa. On the other hand Yukari is the best girl in P3.

Hulu just added Arjuna and Chronicles of the Going Home Club. I assume this means these series are now licensed by someone?

http://www.hulu.com/arjuna

http://www.hulu.com/chronicles-of-the-going-home-club

EDIT: Chronicles of the Going Home Club appears to have the NISA logo, so maybe Arjuna is also a NISA license?

At last Hulu users can ask themselves why it feels so good.

Syrinx

Will Arjuna be censored on Hulu? Is it something that would be censored in the first place (it sure sounds like it would be)?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Would it really have mattered? It seemed like she played such a minor role in the show I can't imagine it would have made a difference.
Well for many it would ruin the all female cast and she did have a decent amount of screentime in the second series.

Crocodile

Seriously? Well she could be from the Carribean as well but this is anime so the number of locations she's likely from is somewhat small.

Like perhaps the character (or avatar?......LOL anime.....) is from Africa but if you mean African as an ethnic group with specific physical characteristics (i.e. Black) then no she doesn't really look "African" at all. Claudia from Macross is distinctly Black. Smokey from Jojo's is distinctly Black. This character is not. She could be mixed race ala Rashida Jones (assuming again she's human) but I have no faith in Japan, using this artstyle at least, to accurately portray characters of mixed heritage.

Jarmel

Banned
Like perhaps the character (or avatar?......LOL anime.....) is from Africa but if you mean African as an ethnic group with specific physical characteristics (i.e. Black) then no she doesn't really look "African" at all. Claudia from Macross is distinctly Black. Smokey from Jojo's is distinctly Black. This character is not. She could be mixed race ala Rashida Jones (assuming again she's human) but I have no faith in Japan, using this artstyle at least, to accurately portray characters of mixed heritage.

She certainly doesn't portray all the characteristics of an African person however the skin tone is way too dark to be Japanese but she's an alien so it doesn't really matter.

cnet128

Banned
I wonder how people would feel about YuruYuri if Akari's siscon big sister wasn't changed from siscon big brother.

That just makes me wonder when we're going to get an Oniichan Control anime.

I mean, I only ever read the first few chapters of that manga because I couldn't deal with its monumentally slow release schedule (one 24-page chapter every three months), but that was like half a decade ago, so it probably has enough material by now to make an amazing show. The MC is basically a male version of Akari's sister…and his imouto is even worse than he is.

Tenumi

Banned
Seitokai Yakuindomo Anus: 01

Ah... the long awaited season 2. Now that they've blown the budget on the first episode, we can get down to the good stuff: dirty jokes. Hooray!

Also, hurray for Cajun being back!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
That's adorable.

You could say it's... (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐□-□ (⌐□_□) carwaii

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can Nii-san be tsundere? If so I'm game.

"It's not like I deliberately have great comfort and highway gas mileage for you.. b-baka!"

"Wah! What are gonna do in the garage? =3 vroom~"

He's a character in a crappy game series abandoned by its creators. :)

Y-you take that back!
;_;

D-Frag! 1
A not-so hot start for this show. The comedic timing wasn't all that great plus the Funi script is lame. I will however stick with this show for the great voice cast because that's what I do, Ami Koshimizu plus Saitou Chiwa UNF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom