• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

KraytarJ

Nekomonogatari Black
Aw yes more Hanekawa is always good. Also fuck Oshino for saying she's to blame for her parents abusing her. The fuck, man.

Monogatari S2 - Tsubasa Tiger
Damn, this really puts into light how underwhelming Nisemono was. Araragi is barely even present and all of the other characters are still able to carry the show with ease.

I was getting kinda worried with how they seemed to be heavily foreshadowing
Hanekawa's death
, but it turns out alright in the end. Even if she's not going to 'win' she's still far and away my favorite character in the show.

I was also surprised we actually get to see Mamaragi, but I'm guessing that means she'll play a part in later arcs.
I approve of everything said here. Welcome to the house of the cat.

So everyone's favorite punching bag decided to bring Gintoki along with him to the race track because he's trying to win money in order to buy his estranged wife a Birthday Present. Only problem is being a MADAO is suffering so that means he's doomed to fail everytime.

I have to say my favorite thing about this episode was Gin's sudden heel-turn, attempting to us MADAO's shit luck to his advantage. The ending in particular was hilariously cruel.

12142451_1636737109932922_379400356_n.jpg

Szadek

Nekomonogatari Black
Aw yes more Hanekawa is always good. Also fuck Oshino for saying she's to blame for her parents abusing her. The fuck, man.

Monogatari S2 - Tsubasa Tiger
Damn, this really puts into light how underwhelming Nisemono was. Araragi is barely even present and all of the other characters are still able to carry the show with ease.

I was getting kinda worried with how they seemed to be heavily foreshadowing
Hanekawa's death
, but it turns out alright in the end. Even if she's not going to 'win' she's still far and away my favorite character in the show.

I was also surprised we actually get to see Mamaragi, but I'm guessing that means she'll play a part in later arcs.
Get used to nothing seeing too much of Koyomoi in this Season as he isn't the protaganist in the most arcs.

It was recommanded to me that you should watch Hanamonogatari after the next arc, because that is the orginal release order of the novels.
Shouldn't matter too much, but Hana is part of the S2 novels so at the very least watch it after this season.

Kemono Friends 06

THE LORE JUST GETS DEEPER

BAG CHAN MIGHT ACTUALLY BE THE ONLY TRUE HUMAN LEFT ON THE PLANET. THE FRIENDS AREN'T SIMPLY ANIMAL GIRL BUT THE NEW HUMANS

I'm wondering if that might actually not be the case.

At the post-credits scene, we see the Raccoon girl mention how Lucky Beast talked to her. Remember that Lucky Beast only responds to Bag-chan, who's human.

Also, notice the wording of one of her statements: "[Lucky Beast] said something important to the Friends and us is underground"

Friends and US. As in, not FRIENDS.

Maybe all the Humans are living underground to hide from the Ceruleans while the Kemono Friends roam the surface as the only means left to fight them off!

NeonZ

BAG CHAN MIGHT ACTUALLY BE THE ONLY TRUE HUMAN LEFT ON THE PLANET. THE FRIENDS AREN'T SIMPLY ANIMAL GIRL BUT THE NEW HUMANS

Their
"planet" is just the park itself though. They don't seem to know about anything outside of it.

Considering the comment about Ceruleans appearing around humans, I guess humans "disappeared" because they left the park (and some were killed by) the Ceruleans, leaving everything behind, like a Jurassic Park situation.

Bag seems to be either a staff member (but she seems too young for that) or related to a staff member who worked there, considering how her hat's feathers triggers the robot/lucky beast.

I want to believe the aliens/Ceruleans turned the animals into 'humans' and killed off the true humans who went into hiding and Bag-chan was somehow left behind when this all happened.

jonjonaug

I can't believe how dark the implications of Kemono Friends' world-building are and how light-hearted the show is at the same time.

The majority of the show is just cute animal girls doing cute things but every so often you get characters uttering head-scratching lines that go along with all the visual elements in the show and it gives the whole thing this feeling of sadness going underneath it all.

That aside: STEALTH GUNBUSTER 3 CONFIRMATION.

https://wavemotioncannon.com/2017/02/21/the-current-status-of-gainax-interview-hiroyuki-yamaga-yoshiyuki-sadamoto-september-2016/

Saying that this will come out after the Wings of Honneamise sequel is the same as saying that this is confirmed as never coming out.

Spoilers: In reality, owls are some of the dumbest birds around. They're dumb as rocks. That's because they're incredible predators and as such never really had the need to evolve smarts since they got along perfectly without them. The idea that owls are wise was done back in ancient times simply because they looked wise; big, searching eyes and a severe face as well as being able to hunt incredibly well and see things most people could not (especially at night). Greece attaching them to Athena, Goddess of Wisdom, pretty much propagated that mistake and so they began to be associated with miracles and magic as well, which is why Merlin had one and Harry Potter and shit, which is of course the realm of the intelligent. So it pretty much was a snowball of people thinking they looked smart when in reality they're dumber than geese.

200_s.gif

Puzzle & Dragons X Episode 31 – Dragon Caller of Light and Dark
C5OtbP-XAAATKwZ.jpg:small

I prefer the first ED, felt like a step down though at this was more AceLancey so it was great. They even had the stars. Cute.

Content wise, why is Star John scared, he has Zeus after all!
C5Os5FZXAAEBPqL.jpg:small

Yamishibai... it hurts me to say... but I've come to the acceptance phase that it has not been as good this season.

It's been lackluster at best. I blame the new narrator, and the seeming lack of the same great animation it had in seasons past.

Acca 13 ep 7

Damn. The most interesting revelation happened a bit over halfway through the show. This should have been brought sooner, the slow burn didn't do it too much good.

Trickster Episode 17 – Scattered Recoil
C5OvWQiW8AAheUb.jpg:small
C5Ov1B4W8AEuIAA.jpg:small

This second half is really good, even if its not fun times always just the whole drama between Kensuku and Koba :( and then at times Kensuke and Inoue :( I just want everyone to get back and feel happy with each other again. I miss it.

But going through these difficulty and hard conversations should make everyone stronger I hope.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kemono Friends 07
The lore is kind of boring to me, and I can't say there's much to these kind of reveals when it's mostly "ah, okay, that's what I thought." This episode was super boring and low quality meme fodder. Zzzzz.

4cnO2W4.png

To be honest, I'm with Gintoki on the plot of this episode, Shinpachi whining over people abandoning his fanclub is dumb. Hijikata's version of "Otakuism" is a lot better.

Bakemono Friends 07

C5O1G_5VMAAKARS.jpg

disagree your voice face doesnt match your face face

Wow Shoebill gone already, only watching for the memes now

What's up with all the apple symbolism?

DA GARDEN OF EDEN

Yamishibai... it hurts me to say... but I've come to the acceptance phase that it has not been as good this season.

It's been lackluster at best. I blame the new narrator, and the seeming lack of the same great animation it had in seasons past.

This season is better then the last one tbh

I liked the animation style it used in earlier seasons. This season has been a mix of the old style, and some episodes with a moe look to it (though that was more a single episode) and the greater use and intrusion of live action shots they decide to use, which I abhor in anime.

????????????/

You realize Yamishibai is supposed to be Kamishibai which is just still images right? It was never really "animated" its almost like a bunch of paper cutouts. Its the most minimal animation possible.

Japanese Fans Ranked the ideal Parent/Child Duo:

10. Sweetness and Lightning: Kohei and Tsumugi Inuzuka
9. Sazae-san: Namihei and Katsuo Isono
8. Dragon Ball: Vegeta and Trunks
7. Bleach: Isshin and Ichigo Kurosaki
6. Naruto: Naruto and Boruto Uzumaki
5. Gintama Umibozu and Kagura
4. Clannad: Sanae and Nagisa Furukawa
3. Dragon Ball: Goku and Gohan
2. Naruto: Minato Namikaze and Naruto Uzumaki
1. Crayon Shin-chan: Hiroshi and Shinnosuke Nohara

Shin chan number 1. I see no fault. I'll forgive them for even putting Naruto o the list

these people have low standards for good parenting

10. Dunno
9. Probably fine
8. Better then Goku
7. rofl no
6. hahahaha no
5. jesus christ no
4. NO
3. What?
2. stop
1. TO BE A MAN YOU MUST HAVE HONOR, HONOR AND A PENIS

Might as well put Ging and Gon on there.

This season is better then the last one tbh

????????????/

You realize Yamishibai is supposed to be Kamishibai which is just still images right? It was never really "animated" its almost like a bunch of paper cutouts. Its the most minimal animation possible.

I liked season 3 a lot, because of how it tied its story together and basically all three seasons. Had catchier ED too. Wasn't as good as seasons 1 and 2, but it wasn't a huge step down like season 4 is.

Yes. And I liked that "style" more than what they're doing this season. Animation was poor word choice. The intrusion of real life shots and the one episode with moe looking characters was distracting and has really brought this season down, along with stories not as creepy as past seasons and the new narrator which I don't think is as creepy as the previous one.

I liked season 3 a lot, because of how it tied its story together and basically all three seasons. Had catchier ED too. Wasn't as good as seasons 1 and 2, but it wasn't a huge step down like season 4 is.

Yes. And I liked that "style" more than what they're doing this season. Animation was poor word choice. The intrusion of real life shots and the one episode with moe looking characters was distracting and has really brought this season down, along with stories not as creepy as past seasons and the new narrator which I don't think is as creepy as the previous one.

Season 3 fell into the trap of "here are all our monster designs, look forward to the jump scare at the end of the episode" but the ending was kind of amazing

Dunno how you can find something like the bus episode to be weak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom