• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Just getting back into TSE w/episode 31 after the Sae arc and I remain both impressed and frustrated with how they handle re-cap episodes. Impressed because they seem to have managed to blend time saving reuse with actual character moments (the christmas tree was esp good) but frustrated because it's still a damn recap episode. Glad to hear it's building to the ending well!

This is highly debatable. Episodes 47/48 are an insult to anime fans and episode 49 isn't perfect either; just a huge step up from the garbage direction the show went to close things out.

Looking forward to finally finishing this thing off next week.

This is highly debatable. Episodes 47/48 are an insult to anime fans and episode 49 isn't perfect either; just a huge step up from the garbage direction the show went to close things out.

Looking forward to finally finishing this thing off next week.

Damn :( Still I'm in this deep and I want to see the end, when I get there I'll have to ask you what the fuck up vis a vis the manga was.

Cornbread78

Damn :( Still I'm in this deep and I want to see the end, when I get there I'll have to ask you what the fuck up vis a vis the manga was.

I'm not really sure of the differences between the manga/anime, but the story took a weird turn a few episodes ago.... Things are a little better now though, lol.

Bad crunchyroll poll. SasuNaru ought to be in first.
C7h22E8VUAA7VbC.jpg:large

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Cross-post from the Mass Effect animations thread.

Maybe handholding really is lewd.

CgsNZLn.gif

RIP Ponpo. How long is he gone?

rrvv

Gundam Twilight Axis is getting anime

d8f1ee6a2cd919fc3dbbd752422f894b1475247866_full.jpg

Story/Premise

Universal Century 0096. Several months have passed since the incident surrounding Laplace's box also known as the the Universal Century Charter. The Earth Federation Forces dispatches a group of investigators to the severed Axis which is drifting outside the Earth Sphere. Two civilians participate as members of the research group: Arlette Almage and Danton Hyleg. Both have pasts with government service to the Principality of Zeon and Neo Zeon as an engineer and test pilot. Having infiltrated Axis, the investigators come under attack inside a base where no one should be. Arlette and Dalton are confronted with by incident they never imagined.

Staff
Story, Concept Design: Ark Performance
Mechanical Director: Shingo Abe
Art Director: Hideki Nakamura
Music: Takashi Ohmama
Director: Se Jun Kim

http://otakomu.jp/archives/517297.html

First Korean Anime Director?

blurr

Kemono Friends 11

fuck this shit joasidfhaoiio hafunasdpfjhn!@IOU@#$*(@#$&

Started off with a bad chase scene leaving me befuddled about what the hell happened but it eventually made sense - which is very cool since it doesn't explicitly spend 5 minutes with a flashback and just ends up making sense with the flow of things.

I think we now understand why Kaban even came to be but there are still some questions to be answered.

oh yea, Netflix is doing a live action Death Note - I really hope they take liberties on story and characters (in terms of their personality) or it's gonna be a hard sell for me.

Can't wait for everybody who started Gundam with IBO to watch that and have no idea what's going on.

"Who's the federation? Who's the Zeon? Who's Amuro? Who's Char?"

This probably won't happen, but darn it if I won't laugh if it does.

rrvv

Can't wait for everybody who started Gundam with IBO to watch that and have no idea what's going on.

You should have check Toonami thread

I can't be excited about UC shit anymore.

at least this going to have good Sakuga from the director alone

I don't think many will really care as long as the robot fights are dope enough.

PK Gaming

Dragon Maid 11

Dropping this.

Jk this was the most enjoyable slice of life episode yet. Really captured that warm, lazy new year's feel.

Oh Mamoru why must you say such things when I love your work so? Sigh.

I don't think you can expect an elderly Japanese man to understand the context of the dissatisfaction with Johansson's casting. We shouldn't get upset with Oshii for being baited to make comments on the situation without being aware of the Asian-American perspective.

What we should get upset with Oshii for is abandoning animation in favor of making interminable mediocre live-action projects.

John Blade

Yeah, no, all-set....

ZzwuBVM.gif

Although, I do wonder how my life would have been different if I had married my H.S GF (everyone's ship) instead of hooking up with my wife.

I have a feeling you won't be in this Anime Topic forum and more into sport side. Also, don't think too hard of it. Make you second guess of your life decision which isn't the best thing to do as you have a family now (unless you're having a mid life crisis right now).

I don't think you can expect an elderly Japanese man to understand the context of the dissatisfaction with Johansson's casting. We shouldn't get upset with Oshii for being baited to make comments on the situation without being aware of the Asian-American perspective.

What we should get upset with Oshii for is abandoning animation in favor of making interminable mediocre live-action projects.

I don't expect him to, but at the same time I'll still be disappointed when he says something I think is dumb. Sorry I don't agree.

zulux21

Does the Funimation player still crap out and buffer like hell?

when I last used it last week on the ps3 as long as I didn't touch the controller after the episode started it worked fine most of the time.

as for on PC where I have been using it recently.
it's worked flawlessly as long as I don't full screen it.
if I full screen it I have run into major issues >.<:

Cornbread78

I have a feeling you won't be in this Anime Topic forum and more into sport side. Also, don't think too hard of it. Make you second guess of your life decision which isn't the best thing to do as you have a family now (unless you're having a mid life crisis right now).

LOL, I'm good. I used to love the "Choose your own Adventure" books growing up, so it's always fun to look as alternate realities.

This is also why I haven't gotten into VNs because they could easily consume my life, lol.

Fate/Zero 13

Alexander the Great having a deep fascination with 4X strategy games is pretty good, but why does that thing Caster summons at the end look like its from Thunderbolt Fantasy? Is it actually a puppet or more bad CGI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom