• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yeah, no, all-set....

ZzwuBVM.gif

Although, I do wonder how my life would have been different if I had married my H.S GF (everyone's ship) instead of hooking up with my wife.

Your H.S. GF was a Kantai Collection?

phaze

^ The Monogatari way

Giovanni's Island

Pretty ehhhh. It takes an interesting bit of history,the occupation of some Japanese islands by the Soviets after WWII and it does so without demonizing the occupants but it's a disjointed, meandering work that I'm not sure even knew what it wanted to do. As such half of it is showing the occupation, it's troubles and those of coexistence of two nationalities in one place but all that is swiftly forgotten once the story gets into its second half, away from the island. I can't say I found anything of interest in the two main leads, maybe the idiocy of the younger one in the latter part which i in lieu of anyone standing up to that idiocy, ends in pretty tragic way but seemingly without any reflection. The heavy and sentimental stuff at the end that, even with my general disinterest in the characters, managed to struck a chord I'll give it that but nothing else. I need to finally trudge through the Nigh on Galactic Express though, this is yet another work that is chock full of it.

Cornbread78

Attack on Titan ep.13
4ZsV3V8.jpg

Hype, hype, hype and more hype. the first 3/4 of this episode is definitely what people love about this show. It was intense as hell, full of action and like I said, hype as hell.

Boulder!!!!

Mono has plenty of long shots unless it's something else you're getting at. I don't really remember them being all that prevalent in F/Z but it's been a while I guess.

just that f/z is really boring and routine to look at when it comes to the meat of conversations and doesn't do anything to keep it visually interesting like monogatari or rakugo

What I watched of F/SN was probably worse tbh, some really baffling framing and shots for the sake of not having shot/reverse shot

Konosuba S2 5

eLMVn79.jpg

This show has the best deadpan faces.

The music direction here is quite good; the compositions aren't interesting on their own but as pastiches they work really well comedically as do the abrupt silences when, for example, Darkness is interrupting Vanir's lines.

Trojita

So how far is the English or Japanese manga release of Ao no Exorcist in comparison to the anime?

As much as I like Season 1, I really don't think Season 2 deserves close to a MAL score of 8.0, but then again a lot of review scores on that site are fucked.

So how far is the English or Japanese manga release of Ao no Exorcist in comparison to the anime?

As much as I like Season 1, I really don't think Season 2 deserves close to a MAL score of 8.0, but then again a lot of review scores on that site are fucked.

The Impure King Arc is several arcs behind current. Anime would finish around chp 37 of the 88 chapters of the manga.

John Blade

LOL, I'm good. I used to love the "Choose your own Adventure" books growing up, so it's always fun to look as alternate realities.

This is also why I haven't gotten into VNs because they could easily consume my life, lol.

Man....I can see you now in a dark corner of your room crying your eye off if you play Clannad VN and reach that point. Guess your wife and daughter will have to take care of you during this trouble time.

Which remind me....I need to finish Katawa Shoujo. Did play a bit and got Emi Ibarazaki ending. Man...love the game but never have a chance to finish it.

If you like to read manga, I guess I would recommend to look into Saishuu Heiki Kanojo. You might like it if you want something to remind you to go to your daughter and give her a bear hug for a while and same as your wife. I need to get into this series one day (I feel old and look like my attention span is changing in a bad way).

Trojita

The Impure King Arc is several arcs behind current. Anime would finish around chp 37 of the 88 chapters of the manga.

Thanks for the response!

My main issues with the second season was the pacing and apparent lack of budget. The Impure King final encounter should have at least had better animation than it did.

Dissing Nozomu Abe like that. smh.

Probably the least impressive thing I've ever seen him do tbh. You could have the most talented animators in the world, but as long as it looks like Fate/Zero does and prioritizes gaudy effects over everything else it will never muster that much enthusiasm from me.

Naruto shippuden 499

Man Naruto is finishing tomorrow...really the end of an era. 499 was really Naruto at it's best with tons of great characters interactions. About every scene with Iruka and Hinata in it were all super sweet. Mainly that scene in the sun set where they are talking about Naruto.

I can't really tell why, but Hinata looked even prettier in this episode.

Twin Star Exorcist 49

I loved this episode! The way they handle was much much different then the manga, but I loved how it was done in a semi-serious way. Fitted well with the personality and the moment the show built up. But man another great series I followed for a year is ending next week! All my shows ending! I can't! Hopefully we get another episode 46!

élDLIVE 11

I probably know that Vega is the traitor, but for a anime original he is so cool! I love him! Sharing a similar design to one Reborn!'s coolest character isn't just for show it seems! Although that second part was kind of depressing, the happy times were really great. really liking élDLIVE and it's colorful cast!

Line_HTX

Attack on Titan ep.13
4ZsV3V8.jpg

Hype, hype, hype and more hype. the first 3/4 of this episode is definitely what people love about this show. It was intense as hell, full of action and like I said, hype as hell.

Boulder!!!!

This one was a little easier to take marathoning instead of week to week because of how stupid 10-12 were.

JulianImp

Mono has plenty of long shots unless it's something else you're getting at. I don't really remember them being all that prevalent in F/Z but it's been a while I guess.

Phaze probably means conversations in monogatari use lots of short cuts to add dynamism to what would otherwise be static scenes without having to go overboard on the animation department.

Maidragon #11 was kind of comfy-ish, but I thought the kotatsu gag really overstaid its welcome, and Lucoa being in fanservice mode throughout the episode didn't help, either. One thing I liked was how she had her kimono's sash tied with the bow in front of her for added raunchiness, but she's still a really annoying character IMO.

Please please please let the new Mazinger movie be good. The super robot genre needs its comeback already outside of SRWV.

Speaking of SRWV, I wonder if this movie will have anything to do with the Shin Mazinger ZERO stuff in there.

phaze

Please please please let the new Mazinger movie be good. The super robot genre needs its comeback already outside of SRWV.

Speaking of SRWV, I wonder if this movie will have anything to do with the Shin Mazinger ZERO stuff in there.

You have Power Rangers, what else could you possibly desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom