• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Prawn mayonnaise sandwiches work. Prawn ketchup sandwiches just sounds wrong.

Fish n Chips with ketchup. Now you're talking. With mayonnaise and you're having a laugh.

Depends on the meal. Don't get stuck with just one.

Kirito's pre-knowledge about the first boss was made redundant as they were fighting it.
Places to loot and ennemy behavior ( outside bosses ) weren't changed ( only bosses were buffed)

Tomatoes do suck. That includes ketchup. I will make an exception for soup base.
No !! Tomatoes are great.

For me it's pepper on everything (soup, meat, salad, rice, anything!!!!), and Southwest sauce on sandwiches.
i can get behind that kind of thinking !

Southwest is pretty good. What kind of peppers?
Indeed southwest is good!

Avacados and mayo sound... too fatty/oily for me.
They are.
At this point it's better to use avocados in your sandwitch/meal mix instead of using it as a sauce.

Shergal

ANdxs.jpg

Is that some pesto?

By the way I love pesto, best condiment.

cajunator

Banned
Avocado fat is one of the healthiest fats on earth.

Then I definitely love eating the healthiest fat on earth because I go through like 4 of them a week. I eat them like candy.

tomato basil soup~

Like I said, soup bases are fine.

The less condiments the better, only cheese on burgers and bacon if thats a condiment, only vacon and pepperoni with really light cheese on pizza. Additional condiments ruin food.

I agree with this. lightly toasted bread, little or no condiments.

You probably eat your mutton raw too.

You like mayo, so all is forgiven.

<3

Prawn mayonnaise sandwiches work. Prawn ketchup sandwiches just sounds wrong.

Fish n Chips with ketchup. Now you're talking. With mayonnaise and you're having a laugh.

Depends on the meal. Don't get stuck with just one.

I love fish n chips. Particularly if it's walleye.

cajunator

Banned
So anyway, to steer back towards animu, I got an email notice that Kuroyukihime figma is about to ship out. This is my first figma. How do these things work? there seems to be multiple pieces and stuff. I am mostly familiar with normal scale non-poseable figures.

Syrinx

I'm open minded when it comes to condiments. Hot sauce will usually make others unnecessary for me, though. I, however, refuse to associate myself with anybody who eats plain cheese pizza. You have to be messed up in the head to order that.

Edit: Ketchup should be banned.

Milamber

So anyway, to steer back towards animu, I got an email notice that Kuroyukihime figma is about to ship out. This is my first figma. How do these things work? there seems to be multiple pieces and stuff. I am mostly familiar with normal scale non-poseable figures.
Welcome to the world where every figma is to scale (relatively)! Joints won't be much of a problem if you're careful. What will surprise you is the poseability of them as compared to american toys. May I suggest you get some extra bases and pose arms for future posing choices.

EDIT: K-ON figma's should be your next choice. Also various furniture for figma's from the evangelion sets.

cajunator

Banned
Welcome to the world where every figma is to scale (relatively)! Joints won't be much of a problem if you're careful. What will surprise you is the poseability of them as compared to american toys. May I suggest you get some extra bases and pose arms for future posing choices.

EDIT: K-ON figma's should be your next choice.

I just had to have this one because...well its Kuroyukihime. I will have multiple figures of her hopefully. Shes so cute and the butterfly outfit is pretty. I have a larger Kotobukiya figure of her coming, but I havent seen much with her butterfly avatar form, just her Black Lotus fighting form, which I dont really care about.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I love fish n chips. Particularly if it's walleye.
Never had walleye. The traditional Fish n Chip fish is cod. Haddock is the favourite substitute now that cod prices are soaring.

Fish n Chips with ketchup? Mayo? WTF. Malt vinegar or GTFO imo.
Listen jimjam. Before you get your jimjams in a jimjam I never said you couldn't have your vinegar. I thought we were referring to the dipping sauce. Ketchup is the traditional accompaniment. I mean you could have mayo, but nothing beats the red stuff with a chunky chip.

Well if it is like my not a figma because it is not GoodSmile Dio Brando figurine, you'll have different hands and heads that you can swap out. Should just be a simple pole in a hole.

So anyway, to steer back towards animu,

BagKt.gif

I got an email notice that Kuroyukihime figma is about to ship out. This is my first figma. How do these things work? there seems to be multiple pieces and stuff. I am mostly familiar with normal scale non-poseable figures.

Figmas are basically action figures, though I'm not really saying this from experience, that's just what I see. They seem really pose-able.

cajunator

Banned
Yall are reminding me that there isnt enough anime about cooking.
Can only think of a small handful of shows, one of which is crazy long.

Milamber

Also be careful of the figures as their beautiful vinyl bodies may have some paint transfer if you rub 2 different vinyl colors enough.

Milamber

Sounds kinky.

The extra faces included are awesome if you're into collecting them as they can be swapped with others mostly. I have an entire jar of faces and hands back home.

EDIT: Accessories also are kept in another jar. Apparently Revoltech's and Figmas accessories are the same fit.

There are usually quite a few accessories (always several pairs of hands), so keeping them organized is one thing. Loose joints can be an issue sometimes...if they are too loose don't hesitate to contact Hobby Search about it. I haven't had too many problems. The only other thing for me off the top of my head is that the stand peg sometimes doesn't fit well.

cajunator

Banned
Most of them are pretty bad, Yakitate is probably the best.

Yakitate is definitely the best cooking animu I have seen, yes.

Walleye is a Minnesota thing. Best tasting fresh water fish there is.

I'm partial to sacalait. Sacalait is definitely the best panfish.
Ive had walleye and gaspergoo before. not really fond of those.
We also have this ugly nasty tasting bastard called a Choupique and Im pretty sure the reason Louisiana doesn't get a snakehead fish invasion is because Choupiques will rip those fuckers up, if the alligator garfish don't get them first.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yall are reminding me that there isnt enough anime about cooking.
Can only think of a small handful of shows, one of which is crazy long.

Well you could hope someone at Shounen Jump watches Masterchef and commissions a manga based on the concept. Then we can have manga versions of Greggu Walrace, Micheru Roux Junia and John Torodu.

I'm partial to sacalait. Sacalait is definitely the best panfish.
Ive had walleye and gaspergoo before. not really fond of those.
We also have this ugly nasty tasting bastard called a Choupique and Im pretty sure the reason Louisiana doesn't get a snakehead fish invasion is because Choupiques will rip those fuckers up, if the alligator garfish don't get them first.

Can you even catch walleye down that far south? Walleye is best served fresh.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
69 episodes long

Dammit I'm so hungry I'm going buy a bunch of sushi and a rotisserie lemon-pepper chicken. thanks guys.

Having watched all of it and read the manga I recommend watching the first arc only. Perhaps the second one even though the ending is an arse pull and the whole third arc is arse pull tastic.

Basically they ruin one of the best characters HARD.

Syrinx

creole or cajun jambalaya?

I think creole, though I admittedly don't much know the difference or which is which. Back up in Connecticut I went to this restaurant in Bridgeport a couple of times that served awesome jambalaya. There's a place down here in North Carolina that serves good jambalaya too. I think the one in Connecticut was creole style because it wasn't sitting in kind of a sauce of spices and I don't believe it had shrimp, just chicken and andouille. I like both dishes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom