• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm guessing she is really spoilt, because, goddamn, if I were her parents I'd never want to hear that whine they allegedly call crying again.

wonzo

Banned
puchimas 15

puchimasu16.jpg

she really should go and get that checked out

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Gunbuster 3

FZlTKzs.png

Gunbuster is a beautiful show, isn't it? (*´▽`*)

It's hard to care about a character when they don't even tell you his name until only a short while before he dies.

I don't think you're supposed to care a great deal about
Smith
, his character is used as a catalyst to help support Noriko's evolution -- From TV Tropes; "a catalyst character who enters the hero's life, changes him, then leaves."

Why are they sending high school kids out to fight space aliens anyways?

Anime.

I don't see anything wrong? It's probably just a small air lock door of some sort (they also have tiny doors on submarines and space ships). Unless you're referring to something else.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

jgminto

The Unlimited 3.
As someone who's unfamiliar with the series, I really like how accommodating this show is. I don't really feel like I'm missing out on any information so far which is good. They've done a pretty good job with the characters. I feel like their personalities have already been established by this point and most of them feel fairly fleshed out while still leaving a few mysteries. The BABEL duo seem like they could be fun if they continue through the series. Probably the new show I'm enjoying the most this season although this and Cuticle Detective Inaba are the only ones that have really grabbed me so far so it isn't really saying much.

K-ON! 8

it4u3hol.jpg

yesyesyesyes
tW2AfxR.jpg

wan
Gunbuster is a beautiful show, isn't it? (*´▽`*)

Yes, I like they way people drew girls back in the 80s. I'm really fond of the ED as well for this matter.

I don't think you're supposed to care a great deal about
Smith
, his character is used as a catalyst to help support Noriko's evolution -- From TV Tropes; "a catalyst character who enters the hero's life, changes him, then leaves."

Yeah, but I'm having a hard time figuring out why Noriko would care so much outside of the fact that he's the only guy she's met outside of Coachie.

I don't see anything wrong? It's probably just a small air lock door of some sort (they also have tiny doors on submarines and space ships). Unless you're referring to something else.

I can believe the door would be small, I've been on a sub before, but the door seem like it's at a completely different angle from the doorway.

Noir 8-9

This was the first really good episode(s) since the first. Lots of Mireille backstory, along with lots of Kirika continuing being a badass. It also seems like the central plot of the whole show is coming together, which I hope will be as good or greater than these past episodes.

Syrinx

All great shows. I was thumbing through DTB manga at the bookstore and first impression was that the anime did the better job. Have you seen Leon: The Professional? More, like season two tho.

No I haven't. Not a film buff, but it looks kinda interesting. By Season 2, do you mean the second half of DTB or the sequel series that apparently isn't that good (haven't seen it myself, as I mentioned still have to finish Season 1)?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Yeah, but I'm having a hard time figuring out why Noriko would care so much outside of the fact that he's the only guy she's met outside of Coachie.

Love and infatuation need neither rhyme nor reason!
Having the same person be your first infatuation as well as your first firsthand death can be very emotional. Like I said, Smith is supposed to be Noriko's burden, it gives her a way to grow in a shorter period of time. Yeah it's a little strange because it's so quick, but I wrote earlier that if there is any real flaw in this series it's that character evolution happens rather spontaneously, so you have to suspend your disbelief a little in order to accept it and enjoy the story.
Also, high school girl emotions. Noriko has a lot of doubts, what happened to
Smith
reinforced them.

I can believe the door would be small, I've been on a sub before, but the door seem like it's at a completely different angle from the doorway.

Oh yeah, the door looks like it's on a cel, so it was probably animated when she opened it. If you follow the perspective line from the door frame behind her body you can see that it cuts through the door at an odd angle. Bit of a mistake, but it doesn't really look that janky either.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
IRC logs, I got pre-empted by three posts
Oh. That's ok then.

Always thought this animal costumes looked off. YuruYuri PJs look much better.

Cool bit of YuruYuri PJs x JoJo PART 3 (SPOILER ALERT) crossover art.

Everyone needs to do better then dammit.
Hey, this is like the most I've ever posted in one of these threads. Though since it's gone 11pm I'm guessing my posting for the night will soon be over. So don't post too much while I'm asleep. ;)

Quasar

Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar

Watched this despite not having watched or knowing much about what this spun off from.

Overall I liked it, though it ended more open than I'd like. At least for something that has no followup, special or whatever.

Mr.Jeff

Slightly on a tangent but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to recommend any decent soundtracks I can add to my mp3 player? I realise there is a thread for such things but I was kind of hoping for a few handpicked gems without an abundance of youtube links to prove points.

I seem to have a tragic void of soundtracks with only Aria, Baccano, Cowboy Bebop and Macross Plus kicking around.

ZetaEpyon

Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar

Watched this despite not having watched or knowing much about what this spun off from.

Not really much of an issue for this; it's about as loosely-related something can be while still being canon.

Slightly on a tangent but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to recommend any decent soundtracks I can add to my mp3 player? I realise there is a thread for such things but I was kind of hoping for a few handpicked gems without an abundance of youtube links to prove points.

I seem to have a tragic void of soundtracks with only Aria, Baccano, Cowboy Bebop and Macross Plus kicking around.

I've spent most of the day listening to the Gundam Unicorn soundtracks, so... yeah, those.

Love and infatuation need neither rhyme nor reason!
Having the same person be your first infatuation as well as your first firsthand death can be very emotional. Like I said, Smith is supposed to be Noriko's burden, it gives her a way to grow in a shorter period of time. Yeah it's a little strange because it's so quick, but I wrote earlier that if there is any real flaw in this series it's that character evolution happens rather spontaneously, so you have to suspend your disbelief a little in order to accept it and enjoy the story.
Also, high school girl emotions. Noriko has a lot of doubts, what happened to
Smith
reinforced them.
Yeah, I'll just take this as just how it is because of the short episode count.

Oh yeah, the door looks like it's on a cel, so it was probably animated when she opened it. If you follow the perspective line from the door frame behind her body you can see that it cuts through the door at an odd angle. Bit of a mistake, but it doesn't really look that janky either.
Yeah, I'm not sure why that stuck with me, but it did.
Always thought this animal costumes looked off. YuruYuri PJs look much better.
They're supposed to be off putting, that's why they're aren't effective at getting new members with them.
OreImouto 06

An enjoyable episode because Imouto basically wasn't there and grandparents are awesome.

This episode is by far the best one of the whole show.

I haven't listened to many soundtracks myself, but my favorites are Spice and Wolf (S1 and 2), Toradora, Angel Beats, Bakemonogatari, and pretty much anything Yuki Kajiura (Fate/Zero, Madoka, Kara no Kyoukai)

I've asked this before, and it's a dumb question, but I'll ask again anyway: why in the FUCK is Azusa wearing the pig costume when she's motherfucking Azu-nyan?

Well one, Mugi already has the cat costume, and two, it's a pun off of keionbu and the sound pigs make buta buta. Yui explains it in the episode.

Quasar

Not really much of an issue for this; it's about as loosely-related something can be while still being canon.

Yeah. I didn't have any trouble following it and didn't feel there big references to prior material. Though I assumed there probably was minor stuff that flew right by me.

Syrinx

Well one, Mugi already has the cat costume, and two, it's a pun off of keionbu and the sound pigs make buta buta. Yui explains it in the episode.

Assuming that keionbu is a play on K-ON, why does that mean that Azusa has to wear the pig costume? Why couldn't she and Mugi trade?

Assuming that keionbu is a play on K-ON, why does that mean that Azusa has to wear the pig costume? Why couldn't she and Mugi trade?

Keionbu means the light music club. The title of the show is a play off of that.
And knowing that they were made by Sawako, the cat costume is probably designed with Mugi's measurements in mind. It would have been too big for Azusa.

Guilty Crown 16
Now moved on to GC. The first half was seinen shovel fodder with some decent character development but the second arc is some lord of the flies nonsense. Only sticking with it to find out what the deal is with Ouma's parents.

First half had a really good conclusion while second half got really mindblowing. Shu's mom is one of the better anime moms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom