• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WIRED has given Hogwarts Legacy a 1/10 review score

Robb

Gold Member
What purpose does this serve?
crushed noo GIF

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Going after the wrong game, and for the wrong reasons.... But we need more harsh reviews like this that utilize the actual FULL number scale. Numbers 1 through 10.

If a AAA game thats been in development for 5 years comes out and does NOTHING new to push ANY boundaries, and looks like last gen cross gen trash on top of that.. GIVE THAT SHIT A 2/10.

Not a 6.

A 2.

Time to raise fucking standards.

Last edited:

Filben

Real world harms. As if you were supporting JKR buying guns and shoot trans people. Just because she writes stuff online. It's not like she raises a cult. If it wasn't for the whole lynch mob I wouldn't even know how she thinks about trans people. On the contrary she is spending a lot of her money for charity, for medical purposes as for multiple sclerosis, or for sexual assault against women. But all that doesn't matter any more? Wonder what most of woke people calling her out do in their free time for people in need?

Must be comfy living in a world where there's only villains and heroes, black and white, and no shades. So many people don't know anything about human ambivalence.

StueyDuck

Something tells me that wired knew exactly what they were doing with this one...

Needed extreme clicks and also found some low level dildo reviewer that they haven't had a reason to fire yet take the fall.

There's no way this person remains employed... surely after that some shareholders are gonna have alot of questions for the EIC and old dildo boy

Feels almost fabricated

"Jaina Rodriguez Grey is a product writer and reviewer at WIRED covering coffee, sex tech, and gaming. Previously, she was a legal researcher for Thomson Reuters and a tech reporter for Digital Trends. She currently resides in Portland, Oregon with her partner and a pet rabbit named Lola."

missiles

I asked ChatGPT to write a parody of woke journalism about trans issues and the Hogwarts Legacy videogame:

"The Hogwarts Legacy and the Transcendent Journey of Gender Expression

As a journalist and an advocate for the trans community, I was eager to dive into the world of the upcoming Hogwarts Legacy video game and examine its depiction of gender identity. And I was not disappointed.

From the character customization options, which allow players to express their true selves in the wizarding world, to the inclusion of non-binary and gender non-conforming characters, the game truly transcends the traditional norms of gender representation in gaming.

What sets Hogwarts Legacy apart from other games is its nuanced approach to gender expression. The game features a deep and complex magic system, which includes spells and incantations that allow players to explore and experiment with different aspects of their gender identity. This level of inclusiveness is a welcome departure from the usual rigid binary options offered in most games.

Additionally, the game's depiction of the wizarding world as a place where one can freely express themselves is a powerful message for the trans community. The magic of Hogwarts provides a safe and accepting space for players to embrace their true selves and embark on their own journey of self-discovery.
In conclusion, Hogwarts Legacy is a triumph of woke storytelling and a shining example of the power of video games to drive social change. I highly recommend this game to anyone looking to experience the magic of gender expression and self-discovery."

brian0057

Banned
Incredible.
You'd think J.K. Rowling spends her days roaming the streets shanking LGBT people left and right with the amount of vitriol this "review" displays.
A 1/10 "review" that, by the way, at no point talks about the game itself.
Pathetic.

Great review, it really highlights all the shit GamerGate was talking about in regards to unethical, bias game reviews/coverage.

With every negative review/coverage it just further pushes mainstream gamers to not trust game journalism. It really brings a tear to my eye to see these corrupt bastards light themselves on fire.

Saber

Gold Member
Not surprised. Sooner or later this would happen. The good news is that theres alot of good vibes and positivity around this game. A screamer doing rage review or two wouldn't make a difference, hope it backfires.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I think its funny asf that people are this triggered and need I remind some of you...many here were acting this with The Last Of Us 2, so lets not act as if there isn't 2 sides to this coin.

Be like "1 out 10" lol

So I can't really take this review seriously and maybe now some of you see why lots of us didn't take those Last Of Us 2 1 out 10 reviews seriously either. If someone has a bias this fucking strong, I don't get how they think anyone will take them seriously when their whole review is based on shit that has nothing to actually REALLY do with the game.

Soy libs are really trying hard to promote this games as best as they can and fuel the ongoing culture war, holy shit. Warner brothers will be laughing all the way to the bank, for a long time with this project.
I've hardly seen any marketing for the game and it's looking to be very successful. You're right, WB are fucking giggling right now. They might even be thinking about not entirely ditching Harry Potter. As a HP fan I hope so....I want more games like this.

diffusionx

Gold Member
There seems to be some subset of people, mostly millennials, who are just stuck in perpetual adolescence and cannot move on. I don’t know why this is, I am a millennial and this does not afflict me. I first noticed this when I saw these people start to criticize how characters were treated in fiction, like if a woman was raped in a book, that is not right because women shouldn’t be raped. Well, ok, but it’s a fiction book and that woman is NOT REAL. But you also see it where they fail to see the author as a human being, just as a proxy of whatever values *they* attached to the book after consuming it. So, using the above example, the fact that the writer of a book they liked put a rape scene in a book, that is just a personal affront, how could the author be so callous and misogynistic and against the values that I declared for him/her? JKR is the most extreme manifestation of this. It’s just totally bizarre.

I read the review in Wired and it ultimately says more about the author’s sad state of mind than anything else.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I asked ChatGPT to write a parody of woke journalism about trans issues and the Hogwarts Legacy videogame:

"The Hogwarts Legacy and the Transcendent Journey of Gender Expression

As a journalist and an advocate for the trans community, I was eager to dive into the world of the upcoming Hogwarts Legacy video game and examine its depiction of gender identity. And I was not disappointed.

From the character customization options, which allow players to express their true selves in the wizarding world, to the inclusion of non-binary and gender non-conforming characters, the game truly transcends the traditional norms of gender representation in gaming.

What sets Hogwarts Legacy apart from other games is its nuanced approach to gender expression. The game features a deep and complex magic system, which includes spells and incantations that allow players to explore and experiment with different aspects of their gender identity. This level of inclusiveness is a welcome departure from the usual rigid binary options offered in most games.

Additionally, the game's depiction of the wizarding world as a place where one can freely express themselves is a powerful message for the trans community. The magic of Hogwarts provides a safe and accepting space for players to embrace their true selves and embark on their own journey of self-discovery.
In conclusion, Hogwarts Legacy is a triumph of woke storytelling and a shining example of the power of video games to drive social change. I highly recommend this game to anyone looking to experience the magic of gender expression and self-discovery."
AI doesn't have emotion or agenda. At least not yet anyway. Very interesting to see a truly objective analysis on the situation.

Top Bottom