• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wishmaster92 speculates about what the PS4K and Xbox 12 can do graphically

This thread is mostly for people who are curious as to what visual fidelity these new systems will bring. Apart from the obvious framerate/aa/resolution improvements some games might resort to new graphical effects exclusively on the new consoles. For example, both consoles are now capable of all those crazy tech demos from 2012-2013 without any downgrade.

Deep Down reveal: GTX 570, 8gb ram.

The most impressive aspect was the amazing GI it had at the reveal and the supposed tessellated characters.
Source: The demo can run on a PC with an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 570, 8 GB of RAM, and an Intel Core i7 CPU. The development machines used at Capcom have Geforce GTX 680 and GTX 590 GPUs.
WYHASun.png
vlcsnap-2016-05-29-152ns5f.png

pan_08pss70.png

pan_47kws1m.png

vlcsnap-2016-05-29-152lsmb.png

vlcsnap-2016-05-29-15w5szx.png

vlcsnap-2016-05-29-15uls3i.png

vlcsnap-2016-05-30-186ksqx.png

vlcsnap-2016-05-29-15wxswa.png

vlcsnap-2016-05-30-17kfsol.png

Agni's Philosophy: GTX 680, 1.8 VRAM

The Luminous Engine was noticeably downgraded as a result of current gen consoles not being up to par. It was using a combination of 8xmsaa and an fxaa pass which is one of the reasons why the hair looks more impressive than in FF XV. Luminous received further downgrades:
The demo pushed ten million polygons per frame, with approximately 300,000 to 400,000 polygons for each character model. The entire city in the demo was tessellated.There is a scene where 100,000 illuminated firefly-like insects appear on screen, each one a full polygon mesh model with body and wings, which proceed to merge to generate a summoned monster. Production for the demo began in June 2011, and was initially produced as pre-rendered CGI animation by Visual Works before Square Enix attempted to reproduce it entirely in real-time with the Luminous Studio engine, using the same assets as the CGI version. With FF XV those numbers came down. Reduced to 5 million polygons per frame and character models this time having 100,000 polygons.
Source: Agni's Philosophy runs at 60FPS on a GTX 680, uses 1.8GB VRAM

original_cl4s38.jpg

original_b2ysrj.jpg

original_kvhsmw.jpg

E3%207.jpg

e3_12.jpg

sw1313_ingame_007.jpg

UE4 Elemental Demo: GTX 680
Edit: Wrong info

All of these tech demos on the gtx 680's seem to be running some form of realtime Global Illumination. Now we get into the Xbox Scorpio's territory. The one tech demo i'm talking about is of course the UE4 Kite demo. Now with the Scorpio being around 6TF and the Neo 4.2TF this is the one tech demo the Neo will have no chance of running. The demo was originally running on a Titan X. With some optimizations i could definitely see a game exclusively made for Scorpio to have the Kite's demo fidelity and scale.
UE4 Kite demo GTX Titan

Nice looking global illumination, amazing draw distance.

1434220559-a-boy-and-his-kite-2.jpg

1434220557-a-boy-and-his-kite-4.jpg

Let me know if i missed anything.

Did you just compare a console spec boost to the visuals of a game running on a TITAN? Don't think you can make that wish come true

EVERYONE LOSIN DAY MINDS! UP IN HERE UP IN HERE!

Kurdel

Banned
A better comparison would be Witcher 3 on high and ultra.

These games will still need to run on first gen PS4s and Xbox's.

I see CG content, wut?

Slightly off topic: This brings me back to high school when in the cafeteria post console reveal.
All the boys hovering over a game magazine taking out of our asses in regards to graphics.

Fbh

Yeah I doubt it.
It's one thing to make a short animation that looks like that and it's another thing to build an entire game like that. Even if the animation was real time

Plus neither Sony or Microsoft seem to be willing to just abandon their current user base (third parties even less so) so they have to continue to make games that can easliy be scaled back to current consoles.

You should be expecting something like this from the Neo:
games-gif-Deep-Down-1036214.gif

At 1080p and with good frame rate. And then a 900P Ps4 version dropping below 30fps during thaat scene

Did you just compare a console spec boost to the visuals of a game running on a TITAN?

EVERYONE LOSIN DAY MINDS! UP IN HERE UP IN HERE!
The demo was running on a titan, does that mean it can't run on anything but? No... like I said with some optimizations the Scorpio can get close with the rumored 6tf.

K' Dash

Yeah I doubt it.
It's one thing to make a short animation that looks like that and it's another thing to build an entire game like that. Even if the animation was real time

Plus neither Sony or Microsoft seem to be willing to just abandon their current user base (third parties even less so) so they have to continue to make games that can easliy be scaled back to current consoles.

At 1080p and with good frame rate. And then a 900P Ps4 version dropping below 30fps during thaat scene

Oh God, the misinformation and bullshit in this thread...

Thread backfire

OP, we might see some improvements to global illumination, like what Remedy did with Quantum Break, tessellation, but anything running on a Titan will not be reproduced at a 1:1 ratio without downgrades, even if the Scorpio is 6TF.

RoKKeR

Um, what.

Lmao. Sorry OP, that's not how it works. More power does not equal bullshit/pre-rendered E3 demos.

120v

lol.. c'mon

i think a good analogue would be current games running on a 970 with a mix of high and ultra. that's about it

RedRum

Banned
I'm expecting maybe a 1080p standard with a locked 30 for the new consoles depending on the graphics they want to push. Other than that, Sorry Wishmaster. You're out of wishes today. :(

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yeah I doubt it.

You uh...really shouldn't expect visuals like that. Especially not flame effects like that. Also really not how it works OP, the majority of those were tech demos. And the only playable ones were early prototypes that would've been hit hard by the realities of games development.

kpzero

Neo Member
I'm sorry... but what? No seriously... WHAT!?

I think you overestimate the original Titan. In most games of the past few years, the 290/390 (just slightly higher than supposed NEO specs if it is using the same gcn version as ps4) beats out the Titan.

Edit: The real issue is still the cpu

Also I see it is Titan X. The quote and the underline/bolded part just said Titan.

If these consoles can do 4k at 60fps, I'll be happy.

Prepare for disappointment. Seems doubtful they'll even be able to do anything at 30fps at 4k, let alone 60.

You uh...really shouldn't expect visuals like that.

Really? That doesn't seem too far removed from Uncharted to me. There's current gen games that look pretty damn amazing and Neo/ Xbox 1.5 are supposedly 2-4 times more powerful.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Comparing tech demos running in confined conditions to real games...never wise.

That's without saying those tech demos also ran on i7s and huge globs of ram that won't be available in consoles for a while yet

Top Bottom