• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 2 for Xbox 360 'Enhanced Edition', 4+ hours bonus content, out April 17th

Frankfurt

Banned
360 version coming on the 2nd quarter. Enhanced Edition:

Developer CD Projekt RED has made numerous tweaks and fixes to the original game, further optimized the controls for the console (even though gamepad controls for the PC version were already in good shape), and is said to have added over four hours worth of new quests. The story-arc for these additional quests revolves around the kidnapping of royal heirs which will have the player experience new locations, characters, and dialogue.

http://addicted-gamers.com/2012/01/14/the-witcher-2-gets-enhanced-edition/

Kyaw

Well damn. No mention of the PC version of the EE but I'm sure CDP will give it to us for free or something.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
New news, new thread.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Question for early adopters of the first Witcher: did you get free update to enhance edition?

I am quite curious.

Aeana

I really, really hope it is a success on 360. It really deserves it.
I will probably get it just to have, but I do hope that extra content makes its way to PC as well. Knowing CDPR, I'm not worried.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Hope this means Witcher 3 is close behind. They implied that they started on it before 2 finished and it seems they wouldn't need to modify their engine a lot so they should be progressing pretty quickly.

Gravijah

Peff

Nobody is mad, because CDPR has a track record for giving new content to old customers for free.

This might be relative to vanilla Witcher 2 anyways, they've already added a couple of quests and that arena mode so a bunch of extra quests and that new tutorial would do the trick.

scy

Curious as to how meaty the "Enhanced" stuff is. Not that I need much to get me to replay the game.

Blueblur1

I really, really hope it is a success on 360. It really deserves it.
I will probably get it just to have, but I do hope that extra content makes its way to PC as well. Knowing CDPR, I'm not worried.

I feel the same. I'm really looking forward to it.

Probably going to be double dipping. I played through Vanilla Witcher 2 on PC at launch. But my laptop could hardly handle it, played at lowest settings at 15-25 fps. It was such a good game though. I'll be looking forward to doing a Roache play-through (Did Iorvath on the PC) in a hopefully stable framerate this time.

scarybore

Already have the PC version. Will buy the 360 version.

Same, held off on playing a Iorveth path so I could do it on the 360. Completely nonsensical really, but I guess I can give the game to my brother once I'm done and hopefully get him into the series.

I figured the new content would be focused on
Letho after the CG trailer seemed to highlight his assassination of Demavend.

I'm also fairly certain in at least one interview the dev's made mention that the PC version would receive any additional content that was being created for the console version. Though I don't particularly care to track it down.

I think I'll hold off my third play through on dark mode until this hits.

feel

Will buy as soon a possible, I have to support at full price the way this PC developer is treating this console port.

Seanspeed

Banned
Haven't played either Witcher game yet, but I'm really looking forward to this one going by how much everyone has raved about it.

LowerLevel

There had best be an at least half way decent ad campaign for this. Advertising can be key, just look at Lost Odyssey's first month.

Rad-

I will buy it but I have a strong feeling this is going to bomba. Most of the hype seems to have died by now.

Dabanton

Uhhhh can we have 1 thread where people are just happy that a excellent game is getting shared with more people?

Not saying this thread has been the worst example of that but lets stamp it out before the thread goes down the usual tiring routes.

Top Bottom