• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 2 for Xbox 360 'Enhanced Edition', 4+ hours bonus content, out April 17th

Aeana

Uhhhh can we have 1 thread where people are just happy that a excellent game is getting shared with more people?

Not saying this thread has been the worst example of that but lets stamp it out before the thread goes down the usual tiring routes.

Who isn't happy?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What's awesome is that this will give me a reason to replay Witcher 2 on PC once the new content is out. I still haven't done a second playthrough.

This might be the best looking console game once it will release. I am very impressed by the 360 footage I've seen. It's amazing what 2005 techs can still produce, visually speaking. Every shader seems to be there. Lighting effects appear untouched. Some textures are paired back and that's it. Well, according to that off-screen footage anyway...

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
OnLive was always supposed to be getting Witcher 2. But it hasn't come out yet. I suspect it's because they're getting the 360 version rather than the PC one. So this is definitely good news for me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
will it be free on pc? or everyone's forced to buy the ee edition.

We don't know for sure, but probably. CD Projekt has said in the past, when discussing the Xbox 360 build, that the PC would receive free incremental updates leading up to the 360 release that would total the entire package of that version. They haven't commented on the situation since the last major update.

Their history though implies that they will update PC users with free content. They've done it so far for The Witcher 2, and The Witcher vanilla was updated to the Extended Edition for free, despite the Extended Edition also being sold on shelves.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So torn, bought the first one on PC but the UI, item management, and the combat just put me off despite loving what I saw of the world and I quit.

Riposte

So torn, bought the first one on PC but the UI, item management, and the combat just put me off despite loving what I saw of the world and I quit.

Not one for research I take it? All of those things are different in The Witcher 2, especially the combat. It is a full-on 3D Action game now (in the style of Batman: Arkham or Assassin's Creed).

Aeana

I thought the combat and UI were both high points, especially coming off of the first game which is weak in both of those areas.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Not one for research I take it? All of those things are different in The Witcher 2, especially the combat. It is a full-on 3D Action game now (in the style of Batman: Arkham or Assassin's Creed).

I watched the quicklook on GB and a few other videos online, they seemed different but still seemed like a bit of a mess. Can't say for sure until it goes crazy cheap on a steam sale or gamefly gets the 360 version.

I watched the quicklook on GB and a few other videos online, they seemed different but still seemed like a bit of a mess. Can't say for sure until it goes crazy cheap on a steam sale or gamefly gets the 360 version.

It's just not your cup of tea then. Sounds like your opinion of it is already forged.

Himself

After hearing the PC folks rave about this I'm excited to give it a go. Looks Demon's Souls-ish. Is it? Or is it more traditional RPG style with towns and characters and stuff?

Aeana

After hearing the PC folks rave about this I'm excited to give it a go. Looks Demon's Souls-ish. Is it? Or is it more traditional RPG style with towns and characters and stuff?

Oh, it is certainly much more traditional than that. I honestly wouldn't even think to compare them. You've got towns, NPCs, quests, all of that.

Himself

It's more action-y than Demon's Souls. Faster paced.

Oh, wow. I was kind of expecting the opposite for some reason, like more of a straight RPG with clunky combat mechanics or something.

Either way I'm happy I get the chance to try it.

Published by WB. Chances this enhanced content is locked out: 99%

If there is one thing CD Projekt is known for is for breaking shitty contracts that are against their customers.

The superior version is of course the pc version, but I'm double dipping on this one. They need all the support they can get. Such a fucking awesome studio.

Wallach

Oh, wow. I was kind of expecting the opposite for some reason. More of a straight RPG with clunky combat mechanics or something.

Either way I'm happy I get the chance to try it.

You get more traditional in the sense that there are towns and you can get side quests and stuff. I was more speaking about the combat, in that you're generally dealing with more enemies at a time, and the pacing of battles is much less methodical.

Maladict

Neo Member
I'am not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread somewhere but during CD projekts fall conference they had a list with upcoming features for both the xbox 360 and pc version. I think we saw the first four from a list of fifteen (or something like that) and they said that they would be unveiling them in the upcoming months. So we should have some other cool stuff to look forward to too.

Oh and that's also when they confirmed that all new content that's being prepared for the console version will make it to the pc.

Maybe someone can find a screen from their presentation.

Thrakier

Don't even wanna see it tbh. GFX are probably completly butchered. And probably no locked 30FPS either...

But I'm looking forward for ne content of for my pc version. :)

Even though I bought it day one, I never quite set aside the time to play this proper on PC ...not to mention, it made my Notebook scream at me. Decided to hold off for this version and it's looking great!

Don't even wanna see it tbh. GFX are probably completly butchered. And probably no locked 30FPS either...

But I'm looking forward for ne content of for my pc version. :)

Apparently it's essentially the PC version in medium/high detail running at 720p. So it'll look nice, and everybody can be happy, and people won't need to troll console owners.

Kinyou

Well damn. No mention of the PC version of the EE but I'm sure CDP will give it to us for free or something.
Yeah no doubt about it.

Though it's nice to see, gives me more incentive to buy an essentially 1 year old game for full price.

Too bad though that we wont see the Mass Effect 3 / Witcher 2 face off

Foffy

Banned
I bet by the time this launches, fans will have translated all of the novels.

My body is ready for an overload. ;)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The PC version was extremely polished from my experience. Certainly more so than other, recent PC RPG releases. And CDP will give the update to PC players.

I felt the difficulty was perfectly brutal. It's a shame they patched all that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Here's a snapshot from CPD's even conference from awhile ago.

1copyp7wa7.jpg

The Tutorial, Dark Mode and Arena were part of the 2.0 update on PC. The rest are unannounced additions that will be incrementally added to the PC release, and included in the complete 360 build.

Foffy

Banned
Here's a snapshot from CPD's even conference from awhile ago.

1copyp7wa7.jpg

The Tutorial, Dark Mode and Arena were part of the 2.0 update on PC. The rest are unannounced additions that will be incrementally added to the PC release, and included in the complete 360 build.

Man that's a lot of new things planned. And here I thought 2.0 would be what would be the 360 version and nothing more..

I hope one thing they have is something set after the main endings, as the game ends on a pretty annoying cliffhanger.

EatChildren

Man that's a lot of new things planned. And here I thought 2.0 would be what would be the 360 version and nothing more..

I hope one thing they have is something set after the main endings, as the game ends on a pretty annoying cliffhanger.

CPD is a pretty incredible group of developers. People really need to pay attention to this Xbox port. Port isn't even the right word. They're dedicating themselves to making it look and play the best it can, and throwing a metric shit ton of new content in, so it doesn't feel like a super late PC port but a whole new package.

It's a PC-to-console release done right and they should be rewarded for it.

scitek

The hit-detection is kinda off, and the combat still needs a little work, I think, but it's much easier to get into than the first game. The story is very engrossing, and you can change the difficulty at any time, so just throw it on easy and breeze through it if you need to.

Nobody is mad, because CDPR has a track record for giving new content to old customers for free.

YOu don't even have to go on record. When the game was announced on 360 they specifically stated that any and all new content would come to PC for free.

The biggest news here is that I'm getting another 4 hours of bonus content for free. The Witcher 2 is the game that keeps on giving.

itt pc fans are happy that more people get to play an amazing game

Yeah, pretty much. I don't see anyone annoyed about this, seems like wishful thinking from the usual suspects who are always trying to troll PC GAF.

Top Bottom