• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 gameplay from YouTubers from CDPR event

SaberEdge

Okay, we finally get to see some tall grass again. I'm done worrying about the foliage after all the new footage.

Yeah, I've now seen enough variety in the foliage to be sure that the downgrade claims were a load of bunk. And we've really only scratched the surface of the breath of environments that will be in the full game.

EatChildren posted the Skyrim comparison the other day. This should give you an idea of how massive this game is.

Skyrim = 38 km2

Novegrad + No Man's Land = 72 km2.
Skellige Islands = 64 km2

Plus there is the open prologue area as well.

Recursive_shades.gif

Outside of procedurally generated games, is this the biggest handcrafted world ever in a video game?

Peoples nitpicking little details for the graphics dont quite grasp the size of this monster i think.

This is Witcher 3 map vs GTA V in the top right corner.

aD3Oj1Z_700b.jpg

With, from what i see, all interiors of every buildings modeled with no loadings.. Its a technical marvel.

This is exactly the same shit as in the Mario Kart 8 Mute City vs FZero X Mute City comparison. The scales are totally wrong. You people are so gulluible.
Scale man, how does it work.

SaberEdge

Fuckin eh, what is it about this game that makes youtube compression 10times worst than normal. I wonder if any of them would be willing to upload uncompressed footage to mega or something.

Lots and lots of fine detail. This is exactly the type of fine detail that will look fantastic in person, but gets destroyed by compression.

E92 M3

EatChildren posted the Skyrim comparison the other day. This should give you an idea of how massive this game is.

Skyrim = 38 km2

That is almost hard to believe! Skyrim was huge and left me very satisfied with it.

phaze

Skyrim = 38 km2

Are we sure they're not counting water in there ? From that map video, it doesn't look that big. We will see.

ironcreed

Banned
Are we sure they're not counting water in there ? From that map video, it doesn't look that big. We will see.

I am pretty sure it is included, but it is still explorable. Regardless, landmass alone in the game is 3.5 times the size of Skyrim.

erawsd

I bet it does include water since it can be fully explored. Horse speed also seems much faster than Skyrim, so thatll have some impact as well.

boskee

- loading screen shows a little animation that recaps current story
- finishing move difficulty/frequency can be changed in the settings
- Polish youtube mentions the dice poker

Only watched a few minutes because I don't want to be spoiled, but this looks so damn good, gonna consume a lot of my hours once it drops. I have a question though, can you mess with the opacity on the HUD, it's just too in your face and takes up a good amount of the screen.

Their marketing has been unbelievably good with this. There's an amazing trickle of information and videos and stories on different websites.

I wasn't interested in this game a few weeks ago. The marketing as got me, probably gonna preorder this at best buy.

Fbh

The presentation, detail and size of the world looks amazing.

But the combat still seems to be a lot like in The Wticher 2. So I'll probably wait for a price drop on this

b0bbyJ03

Well it looks like they were not lying about being able to run ultra at 60 fps on a 980. Just wondering, can you guys handle 60 fps with drops like this video or would you turn some settings down? I just hope its not like a lot of other open world games where you can get 60fps but there are drops that you can't get rid of no matter how much shit you turn down.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'll be interested to see how they recap the series for newcomers unfamiliar with the last two games. Politically it's not a big deal, and the state of the world and its core political themes could be quickly summarised and set up. Nilfgaard Empire invades the Northern Kingdoms. ~fin

But that's never been a massive focus of the series. Well, it has, but as a kind of unavoidable backdrop. Geralt's personal mission, what he's learned about his identity, developing the Wild Hunt, and what they're doing takes a bit more. The Witcher 2 in particular is like a full on prequel to Wild Hunt, setting up practically everything.

I'm surprised CDPR hasn't commissioned a proper stylised recap video yet covering these topics. New fans will be unaware that The Witcher 2 establishes the Wild Hunt as
alternate dimensional travelling beings that Geralt once sold his soul to to save Yennefer, road in army with, and somehow escaped, now hunted, likely due to their desire to acquire Ciri. Meanwhile Yennefer too has amnesia

Well it looks like they were not lying about being able to run ultra at 60 fps on a 980. Just wondering, can you guys handle 60 fps with drops like this video or would you turn some settings down? I just hope its not like a lot of other open world games where you can get 60fps but there are drops that you can't get rid of no matter how much shit you turn down.

Think that nvidia has to release their drivers to improve the performance. So the performance will be better than this videos

I'll be interested to see how they recap the series for newcomers unfamiliar with the last two games. Politically it's not a big deal, and the state of the world and its core political themes could be quickly summarised and set up. Nilfgaard Empire invades the Northern Kingdoms. ~fin

But that's never been a massive focus of the series. Well, it has, but as a kind of unavoidable backdrop. Geralt's personal mission, what he's learned about his identity, developing the Wild Hunt, and what they're doing takes a bit more. The Witcher 2 in particular is like a full on prequel to Wild Hunt, setting up practically everything.

I'm surprised CDPR hasn't commissioned a proper stylised recap video yet covering these topics. New fans will be unaware that The Witcher 2 establishes the Wild Hunt as
alternate dimensional travelling beings that Geralt once sold his soul to to save Yennefer, road in army with, and somehow escaped, now hunted, likely due to their desire to acquire Ciri. Meanwhile Yennefer too has amnesia

I'm sure it'll actually be pretty easy, and most of this'll take the place of explaining to Vesemir (who's been absent since Witcher 1) what Geralts been up to. Also, the events of Witcher 1 are borderline sidestory, considering that plot is entirely wrapped up and the only thing of real note happens in the post credits scene.

Is it wrong that this is making me even more hyped for Cyberpunk 2077?
My one concern on Cyberpunk is CDPR having to come up with a brand new combat system since that hasn't been one of their strong points. Everything else should be pretty awesome.

My one concern on Cyberpunk is CDPR having to come up with a brand new combat system since that hasn't been one of their strong points. Everything else should be pretty awesome.

They've come a long way from the Witcher 1, so there's still hope they can come up with something interesting for Cyberpunk.

Top Bottom